eVic VTC Mini and coils??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trishalla

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Any are fine really, the half and third ohm coils will react a bit quicker and won't require your mods boost circuitry to operate at the top of it's voltage range so you might get a tiny bit more efficiency from the .3 or .5
Soooo...I have a new evic vtc 75 w in the mail, and I read and view a lot on the ti ni ss coils.Can you clarify all the hype and warnings about the Ni coils?:glug:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    • Ti Grade1 - higher resistance than the other two wire types with lower TCR than Nickel. Many wire sources supply wire that is "springy" and may (or not!) be similar or worse than Kanthal to work with. Get the coil hot enough and oxide will form (easily washed away with water), get the coil to hot and it might catch fire! Ti can be used in spaced or contact coils. The higher resistance makes it easier to use with multiple coil builds. Many folks limit the "dry fire" or "dry burn" (to clean the coil) to <=800F.
    • Ni200 - fairly high TCR, very low resistance. 1st wire type introduced for TC use. I think ALL TC devices support Nickel. It is recommended to NOT "dry fire" Nickel. Nickel requires spaced coils only. Some folks are allergic to Nickel. The low resistance makes it difficult to make dual coil builds. The wire itself is rather soft and the thin gauge's make it sometimes difficult to wick as well as it is fairly easy to 'pinch off' in wire capture holes.
    • SS(various flavors) - most of the SS used in TC vaping has VERY LOW TCR. Some grades of SS have little or no Nickel in the wire. Sometimes the wire needs to be "pre oxidized" before being used in a contact coil, other times no. SS can be "dry fired" mostly without issues. Some SS types might weaken and become brittle when over heated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread