Help with Tact switch or something else...Dead Protege

Status
Not open for further replies.

mphsjeep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Anyone know how to or where I can get some info on how to change out a tact switch? Im handy enough and can solder, just need some tips on how to get the switch back into the housing.

I have a Protege that is not firing. I cleaned the connectors, tried different batts/attys. 99% its the switch....any help would be gratefully accepted....................Thanks!!!!!!!

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
If you're etting voltage at the connector then the center pin needs to be raised up to contact the atty.
Pull the adapter and flip it over. Push the center brass pin (adapter) up. Re-assemble and try that..

All atomizers are different.. If you overtighten them they'll push the center pin down..

Occasionally you'll need to push it back up..

Last edited:

New_World

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
If you're etting voltage at the connector then the center pin needs to be raised up to contact the atty.
Pull the adapter and flip it over. Push the center brass pin (adapter) up. Re-assemble and try that..

All atomizers are different.. If you overtighten them they'll push the center pin down..

Occasionally you'll need to push it back up..

+1.

when you move the pin use a cloth so you don't scratch the brass on the inside of the adapter.
I've seen people use allen wrenches to push the pin so that might be a good choice.
be careful... don't scratch it!

mphsjeep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks guys!!!!!!

PS pulled the info on the sale from the origional buyer and told me its under a "limited lifetime" warranty and send it in............so away it went..big kudos for them!!!!

But I bet that may have worked, reguardless I would have never known this for furure issues :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread