Status
Not open for further replies.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
To add to Mordacai's excellent post above, worth pointing out if you can, get SS (Stainless Steel) coils, theyre the most flexible as theyre dual mode VW/Power (non-TC) & TC compatible. So if you decide TC is not for you, you can still use them in VW/Power mode...

Never fire any TC coils, apart from SS, in VW/Powermode, as some metals can release toxic particles above a certain temp

• Agree
Reactions: Mordacai

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello everyone! I just joined this group. I'm looking for some advice on temp control vaping. Not sure but from what I've read so far, the fireluke x1 mesh coils can't be used for temp vaping, is this correct? I switched by geekvape nova to TCR mode and the hit is definitely different than with wattage. Am I imagining the difference?
Welcome and glad you joined.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Temp control is amazing, i use it seldom, SS, nickel and Ti are the capable metals to work with!

never dry fire Ti or Nickel wire, SS can do both, wattage and TC, please let us now more about your adventure on TC, some mods need also a TCR value to work with, for example my asmodus runs SS on TCR mode, 0.00088 value,

Regards,

Fixed it for you @P3ch3, as you forgot that Nickel can't be dry fired either.

Also for further reference for OP and others who may stumble across this thread, dry firing is where you heat the coil of a rebuildable atomiser gently with enough wattage that it glows. It's used as a way of cleaning coils and extending their lifespan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread