Status
Not open for further replies.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
Hey guys,

I am NOT a DIY guy, little to no knowledge. But I have discovered that 70/30 mixes are not good for my palette, Im sure its the PG that bugs me, problem is ive got a ton of juices that would be great. but all are 70/30

so my question is if I have approx 25 ml of 70/30, how much 100% vg do I need to even it out to say 50/50, i will be purchasing the same flavor at the same nic just in 100 vg instead of 70/30 to mix in it.

I hope this will work because i dont want to waste nearly all of the juice i have in the stash.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
Actually the calculators dont work for this... my head just cant wrap around the percentages
Bottle "A" - Pre mixed (purchased from vendor)70/30, 12mg nic, peach. - 25ml
Bottle "B" - Pre mixed (purchased from vendor)100% vg, 12mg nic, peach.

how much do I need of bottle "B" to make bottle "A" 50/50.

the nic shouldnt change because both bottles are the same concentrate.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
If you have 25ml of 70/30 PG/VG there is 17.5ml of PG and 7.5ml of VG.

So if you add 10ml of your same flavor and nic 100% VG, you would have 35ml of 50/50.

Simple enough?

Perfect..... THANK YOU. My brain just isn't functioning today.
I will put in my order for 10ml of 100%

You sir are awesome!

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
If you have 25ml of 70/30 PG/VG there is 17.5ml of PG and 7.5ml of VG.

So if you add 10ml of your same flavor and nic 100% VG, you would have 35ml of 50/50.

Simple enough?

Hey MR. Hoosier - Brent if I remember correctly - thanks for all your assistance - got my KGO from you - am sure u deal with a lotta ppl - maybe I was one of the few that emailed u relentlessness about what to buy - lol. BTW - using you method -wont the nico level go down?

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
I have tried to figure this out too with no success. I have spent hours writing out algebraic formulas trying to figure this out. I tend to favor juices between 60/40 and 50/50. It will dilute the flavor and nic level but I don't care about that. I am content with nic levels anywhere between 16 and 24mg. So if I take a 24mg nic level and turn it into an 18, then im cool with that. Its no big deal. I have also tried to figure out how much VG I would have to add to a 24mg juice to turn it into an 18mg juice but I couldn't figure that one out either.

In the end I just measured out 10ML of the juice I wanted to dilute and put it in an empty bottle and added VG to it and just went by taste and took note of how many parts Juice + how many parts VG give me what I want it to taste like.

I am still curios how to this so if anyone knows, then please, advise us.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Hey MR. Hoosier - Brent if I remember correctly - thanks for all your assistance - got my KGO from you - am sure u deal with a lotta ppl - maybe I was one of the few that emailed u relentlessness about what to buy - lol. BTW - using you method -wont the nico level go down?

First, I'm J, not Brent. I've been here much longer than Brent of Hoosier Ecig Supply.

Second, the OP stated they were going to use 12mg 100% VG to change the ratio of their 12mg 70/30 liquid to make a 50/50 mix in post #3. The mg/ml will stay the same and since the OP is dealing with premixed, it should be pretty straightforward, but the math is not part of most calculators. My method would only drop the nic level if the VG had 0 nicotine. (Which is a valid assumption based on post #1)

Third, I try to limit my help to the DIY forum and the Ask The Vets forum and in any other forum, I'm usually just joking around.

Forth, I'm not in the least upset that I'm confused with someone you had a good experience with, but just wanted to make sure there is no confusion since there is no vendor indicator in my membership information on display near my avatar so nobody thinks I'm breaking any ECF rules.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
My exact issue.... brain fart

It's just a ratio, the algebra isn't that complicated, but going to raw numbers is usually easier for most folks to grasp. (I play with numbers and formulas all day at work, so maybe I see it as simple when it isn't?) I have an app on my phone for trig algebra because I keep forgetting the relationships though, so I'm not a complete math geek.

RollandOfGilead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2012
Kingston, On, Canada
It's just a ratio, the algebra isn't that complicated, but going to raw numbers is usually easier for most folks to grasp. (I play with numbers and formulas all day at work, so maybe I see it as simple when it isn't?) I have an app on my phone for trig algebra because I keep forgetting the relationships though, so I'm not a complete math geek.

Well now that I see the numbers its as simple as picking up a calculator punching in 25 and getting the 70% of it, then topping up the remainder with the 100% vg till its the same volume.

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
First, I'm J, not Brent. I've been here much longer than Brent of Hoosier Ecig Supply.

Second, the OP stated they were going to use 12mg 100% VG to change the ratio of their 12mg 70/30 liquid to make a 50/50 mix in post #3. The mg/ml will stay the same and since the OP is dealing with premixed, it should be pretty straightforward, but the math is not part of most calculators. My method would only drop the nic level if the VG had 0 nicotine. (Which is a valid assumption based on post #1)

Third, I try to limit my help to the DIY forum and the Ask The Vets forum and in any other forum, I'm usually just joking around.

Forth, I'm not in the least upset that I'm confused with someone you had a good experience with, but just wanted to make sure there is no confusion since there is no vendor indicator in my membership information on display near my avatar so nobody thinks I'm breaking any ECF rules.

Sorry - Mr. J. - not right of me to assume u were Brent from Hoosier Supply - but your handle made me think that. Honest mistake. And yes your calculation is correct - which I tried to delete off my initial post but couldn't...........hence the second and third post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread