Help!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadKat

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
United States
I swabbed my provari contacts with alcohol, swabbed the battery tops and then charged my batteries. The 2 out of 3 batteries are no longer working and the third battery only works if I have the end cap loosened quite a bit! What happened and what can I do? I've loaned out all my other KGO's and have nothing else to use. I'm getting really worried I have messed something up. Charger no longer seems to be working either? Or maybe it's just on those 2 batteries. UGH!!!:ohmy: I'm about to panic

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Get an aw imr 18490 from a friend or buy a new one (perfect excuse to buy a new one anyway) and try it, if the provari works then you can rule out the provari being the problem. Should save you from mailing it back to provape atleast. If the 'vari is still wonky then atleast you'll know the source of the problem and what to do about it (mail it to the west coast) for treatment.

ETA: Whatever you do, your first step is to submit a help desk ticket @ Provape. Their customer service is the best in the industry, hands down. Say hi to Cecilia for me :)

RHP

Last edited:

MadKat

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
United States
Your request (#18218) has been updated. Reply to this email or follow the link below:
http://provape.zendesk.com/tickets/18218

Kim, Jul 11 10:43 am (PDT):
Hello Kathryn,

I would suggest examining each of these parts on the ProVari:

1. The end cap and tube threads. Check to see if there's any gunk in the threads. You can clean them by using the pointy end of a toothpick and run it through the thread grooves, or a sharp edge like an exacto blade, to get the stuff out. Afterward, wet a q-tip with some isopropyl alcohol and run that around the threads to clean the rest. Dry it off and, if you have some Noalox, apply a couple small dabs on the end cap threads.

2. The end cap spring. Pull up on the spring in the end cap to stretch it out a bit, maybe an eighth of an inch or more. Make sure and hold the bottom of the spring so it doesn't pop out of the end cap. They're a pain to get back in. This will help secure the battery into place and provide a more solid connection.

3. Batteries. Make sure you are using the correct AW IMR high drain batteries with the button top (if you are, please disregard this part).

4. Battery contact pin. I understand you cleaned this already but your pin should be clean and shiny silver. Scrub the battery contact with a q-tip wet with isopropyl for a good 25 seconds. Don't be afraid to use a little pressure. The carbon build up from the battery arcing when it comes into contact with the pin can be stubborn to remove.

5. Circuit board. Look at the LED display head on from the window. Does it look like the display has shifted to one side? It should be center under the window. If you can see the edge of a black box on the right when you are looking at the display head on, then it has most likely shifted.

Please let me know if any of these things help or not.

Regarding the charger, does it light up when you place a battery in it?

Kindly,
Kim

MadKat

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
United States
Your request (#18218) has been updated. Reply to this email or follow the link below:
http://provape.zendesk.com/tickets/18218

Kim, Jul 11 10:43 am (PDT):
Hello Kathryn,

I would suggest examining each of these parts on the ProVari:

1. The end cap and tube threads. Check to see if there's any gunk in the threads. You can clean them by using the pointy end of a toothpick and run it through the thread grooves, or a sharp edge like an exacto blade, to get the stuff out. Afterward, wet a q-tip with some isopropyl alcohol and run that around the threads to clean the rest. Dry it off and, if you have some Noalox, apply a couple small dabs on the end cap threads.

2. The end cap spring. Pull up on the spring in the end cap to stretch it out a bit, maybe an eighth of an inch or more. Make sure and hold the bottom of the spring so it doesn't pop out of the end cap. They're a pain to get back in. This will help secure the battery into place and provide a more solid connection.

3. Batteries. Make sure you are using the correct AW IMR high drain batteries with the button top (if you are, please disregard this part).

4. Battery contact pin. I understand you cleaned this already but your pin should be clean and shiny silver. Scrub the battery contact with a q-tip wet with isopropyl for a good 25 seconds. Don't be afraid to use a little pressure. The carbon build up from the battery arcing when it comes into contact with the pin can be stubborn to remove.

5. Circuit board. Look at the LED display head on from the window. Does it look like the display has shifted to one side? It should be center under the window. If you can see the edge of a black box on the right when you are looking at the display head on, then it has most likely shifted.

Please let me know if any of these things help or not.

Regarding the charger, does it light up when you place a battery in it?

Kindly,
Kim

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
Get an aw imr 18490 from a friend or buy a new one (perfect excuse to buy a new one anyway) and try it, if the provari works then you can rule out the provari being the problem. Should save you from mailing it back to provape atleast. If the 'vari is still wonky then atleast you'll know the source of the problem and what to do about it (mail it to the west coast) for treatment.

ETA: Whatever you do, your first step is to submit a help desk ticket @ Provape. Their customer service is the best in the industry, hands down. Say hi to Cecilia for me :)

RHP

damn they have a help desk....wow

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Soba, My first introduction to provape and their customer service was on my ecf join date, and I thought they had a help desk back then too, no? I also liked that one time they said they could talk to me over the phone to walk me through some hands on trouble shooting when I told them I rather speak to someone with a pulse instead of writing to my computer :lol:

RHP

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
I suspect Provape may be breaking some serious labor laws...........The speed at which they answer Emails, irregardless of time or date leads me to believe that they have "customer service" (slaves) chained to a desk and working for a measly cup of a rice a day. They seem to have adopted ToysRus's labor practices. How else could they be so quick with replying to Emails?

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
Soba, My first introduction to provape and their customer service was on my ecf join date, and I thought they had a help desk back then too, no? I also liked that one time they said they could talk to me over the phone to walk me through some hands on trouble shooting when I told them I rather speak to someone with a pulse instead of writing to my computer :lol:

RHP

I suspect Provape may be breaking some serious labor laws...........The speed at which they answer Emails, irregardless of time or date leads me to believe that they have "customer service" (slaves) chained to a desk and working for a measly cup of a rice a day. They seem to have adopted ToysRus's labor practices. How else could they be so quick with replying to Emails?

The price you pay for a good product along with reliable customer service makes it well worth it.
Like so many have said damn I wish I would have gotten this first.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread