Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
HI @kemesha key. The nic level is determined by a couple different factors.

First we can consider your gear. If you are using an above ohm tank where the coil is 1.5 or more ohms (1.8 like in a Nautilus, 2.2 etc) you might need a higher than 3 mg nic. The easiest way to tell is by how much you vape at the lowest nic level. If you're vaping a lot (or what you feel is too much) raising the nic level can help cut back on the amount you vape.

If you're using a sub ohm tank, which is a coil measured UNDER 1.0 ohms (.5 ohm coil for example) then you will want a small level nic as the volume of vape increases and the nic absorbed/consumed is higher. It can also make vape harsh at higher level nics.

The important issues are to find a nic level that keeps you off the cigs and is enjoyable to vape.

The other factor is the 7 cigs a day you smoke. 7 non filtered full strength cigs would be a higher nic than 7 ultra lights. It is educated guessing and trail and error to find the proper nic level for you. You're just going to have to experiment to find the level that satisfies the craving to where you don't need a cig.

You'll get there, desire is half the battle.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
sorry just read my post im vaping a 3mg and a 6mg but i still smoke cigs i want to stop and dont know if my nic level is high enough
I personally wouldn't advise going over a 6 mg juice in a subtank with a .5 ohm coil. However, if the 6 mg isn't getting it done you might consider buying a small bottle of 12 mg (or 9 mg if you can find it). If you equally mix a 3 mg and a 12 mg you'll end up with a 7.5 mg juice. (12 + 3 = 15..... /2=7.5 mg ) Likewise a 12 mg + a 6 mg will yield a 9 mg juice. (12 + 6 = 18.... /2 = 9mg)

The "automatic cigs" were the worst ones for me to quit. First thing in the morning, after a meal, going for a drive...etc. I had to often remind myself I vaped now instead of smoke. Sometimes you just have to grab the vape and puff the heck out of it. The "auto" cigs are like getting over the hump, once you beat it it's all downhill and easy.

Higher nic quitting

When I was trying to quit I used a cheap clearomizer/tank with the next higher nic in it. When the "itch" got to where the regular vape wasn't scratching it I would hit the higher nicotine tank once and go back to the regular nic vape. It usually took from 3 days to a week to get adjusted to the lower nicotine level. I said usually because I used this same technique to reduce my nicotine content in steps from the high level down to Zero nic I now enjoy.

Morning Cig.

I kept one flavor of juice just for the mornings. Instead of reaching for the cig in the mornings I knew I had the one flavor juice I enjoyed waiting on me (a blueberry muffin type). After the morning vape I would not use this flavor for the rest of the day. What this did was to give me something to look forward to every morning instead of the cig.

You might try one of these alternate methods to get over the hump. You CAN do it!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
6mg in a subtank should be plenty. Depends on the power, but most lower ohm coils designed for higher power will not work well at really low watts.
Some people take a long time to get confident enough to stop smoking completely. I know one lady who took over a year, but she was vaping 6mg at 5 watts....

gingertalk196

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
New Jersey
I wouldn't think you would need over 6 mg. It took me a few months with 1 or 2 during the week and I only smoked 3-4 a day. It got to the point that I couldn't stand the taste of a cigarette after a puff or two and would put it right out. So, even if you don't smoke a lot some people have a hard time for a few weeks or months. Don't worry you will get there.

Reactions: djsvapour

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I'm an enigma, I vape EVERYTHING at 32-36mg nic. I don't recommend it for anyone, really! Bit it's what I need.
Vaping is all subjective, I've seen people that smoked a pack a day take to 24mg, I've seen others that smoked 3 PAD take to 12mg and everything in between.
Same with flavors, I'll taste this, someone else will taste something else, and you will taste something altogether different!
It takes some effort to get it all right. We can suggest and guide you, but you are going to have to find what you like and what your body needs to get over the hump. I takes some time often, to get all the pieces together.
I'm not trying to discourage you, but to let you know it's not as easy as picking up your favorite pack and going. What works for everyone else, might not for you. What's great is we have so many options to choose from now, so it's easier to find what works!
I'm just returning myself, after a year and half off. I've had a lot of "fun" getting my pain meds sorted out, Opiod's, and with the struggles of that, and pain, it just wasn't worth the fight to try and vape at that time.
I don't fight myself about a cig, I have them, and I smoke one when I feel I need it, but I limit how many I carry so I can't get back into the habit. I'm down from 2-5 PAD to 2-6 cigs a day. I'm OK with that. As we used to say around here back in the day, "It's not about how many cigs you smoked, it's about how many you didn't smoke!" Keep that mantra and it will get easier. You will be out sometime with a cig in your hand, and hit your vape. Then it will click "These taste like crap and I like my vape better!" Then it's all down hill!

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Just vape by physical urges. I vaped 4-5 draws and sat my vaporizer aside. When my body said more, I vaped 4-5 draws. If that is every 10 minutes, fine. If it is each hour, fine. Just don't smoke. I would not worry about how much/often I vaped. Well, it is what I did and I quit overnight. I realized, in vaping, that I was getting my nic. I started when I woke up in the morning and after lunch, I realized that vaping WAS satisfying my urge.

I think their is a psychological part, but I got the confidence, and I just said no more and I remember that I reviewed the reasons that I did not want to smoke. It kinda fortified my effort.

Oh, have spares. Have no excuse for smoking. Be tough, assault the target. :)

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread