Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJvape

Jul 10, 2017
Can anyone distinguish these 18650's i pulled from a bettery pack? Im not going to use them as i tore the case off.

There no print or anything. Just a blank wrap and cell.

Also whats the best way to store unwrapped batteries? Not together, obviously.
22aa5fbe5873887ef0eaf99a0438ffc6.jpg
3eb2700baf59b63c8c11b60e7b14bbb3.jpg
59c33a08475978e02ca78d3c4afbb9bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Recycle them. Better yet, don't waste time tearing apart battery packs, recycle the entire pack. It's not the vacopalypse yet, no need for high risk behavior, just buy some batteries. :) I mean.... none of us have any idea what they are, so we aren't going to be all, "You should vape them!"

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Better yet, don't waste time tearing apart battery packs, recycle the entire pack.
I think just most of us who are even a bit tech-geeky have pulled apart an old laptop pack or two just to see what cells are in there and whether they could be revived, even if we had zero intention to vape them. :blush:

SJvape

Jul 10, 2017
I think just most of us who are even a bit tech-geeky have pulled apart an old laptop pack or two just to see what cells are in there and whether they could be revived, even if we had zero intention to vape them. :blush:

To be honest, I've got plenty of batteries, I was more curious than anything to see if the amp output was high enough [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
To be honest, I've got plenty of batteries, I was more curious than anything to see if the amp output was high enough [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hola,
The amps should be high enough for a flash light or similar, but not suitable for vaping.

De-constructing battery packs to reclaim questionable cells qualifies as "NOT ADVISABLE"

Cheers
I

SJvape

Jul 10, 2017
Hola,
The amps should be high enough for a flash light or similar, but not suitable for vaping.

De-constructing battery packs to reclaim questionable cells qualifies as "NOT ADVISABLE"

Cheers
I
Again curiosity strikes, what battery packs contain the well known batteries? Ie sony vct5 and 5a's, samsung 25r ect

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Again curiosity strikes, what battery packs contain the well known batteries? Ie sony vct5 and 5a's, samsung 25r ect

IMO: None
"Packs" are not a safe source for vaping batteries.
If you want quality batteries...Buy them from a trusted vendor.

Cheers
I

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If it ever got to the point where appropriate cells were not available separately, I'd be looking at packs for power tools, not laptops. I believe that power tool packs are what the high-drain batteries that we use were primarily designed and intended for. I haven't dissected any power tool packs to see what's in them because none of the power tool packs I own have become unserviceable.

Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

It's not a tech geeky thing, it's a MAN thing!

Don't be blaming geeks! Lol..

Haha haha...

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Can someone plz help me. I bought a brand new Smok GX350 today and worked fine all day and everything works fine but when i have it plugged into the usb to charge it it is not charging or doesn't even indicate that it is charging. Does anyone lnow why its not charging by usb?

The smoke gx350 doesn't support internal charging, you must remove cells & use a quality external charger. The usb included is for software update only.
Unless you got old stock the owners manual states the need to use an external charger & 2 cell operation is no longer recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread