HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I hit the reset button on it and it finally turned on, but now it's saying "Battery Error". I'm using the charger it came with to charge it. It has internal batteries.
As Eskie said, it has a large battery. Give it a few hours to charge fully. If it still has an error message on the display, contact the vendor for a replacement or refund. It's a SMOK, so expect issues to come up with these mods, even right out of the box.

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Tried looking up what charger comes with this device – couldn’t find anything. It claims up to 1amp charging. I would not go any higher than that. If using a phone charger, ensure it does not go over 1amp – many of the newer ones are 2amp or more. USB off a computer is only 0.5amps…perfectly safe to charge your device with but will be slow. As already mentioned, plug it in and leave it for a few hours.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
May I suggest, actually stress, that you be present when you charge the device. If the device heats up, it is either over charging or defective in which case you should stop charging immediately. These batteries are quite powerful, and if pushed beyond their limits such as over charging, they can also be quite dangerous.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
See if they will let you return it for a store credit. If they do let us know what about the G150 attracted you to it and maybe we can give you recommendations for a different kit. SMOK is not leading the industry in quality or customer satisfaction. No manufacturer is bullet proof but there are many better choices out there in almost all price ranges.

Tizzie

Aug 3, 2018
That’s what I meant, it came with a usb plugin and I have a charging block for an iPhone that I attempted to use to charge it. When it didn’t work, I plugged the usb cable into my computer to try, and then my ps4. Nothing seemed to work. I’m currently going through the support process of gearbest in the hopes that I can get a refund, or at the very least a g150 replacement. I have tried resetting it, I held the button down for more than 10 seconds but the batter still was having errors. I’m just going to assume at this point that gearbest sent me a faulty vape. I’m not too worried about it. I understand these things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread