Hercules Rebuildable Atomizer (Ithaka Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I received my Hercules this morning... Same great quality as the Terminator, but it appears a thinner gauge SS was used in the Herc.. I'm not certain if this was Imeo's design for weight reduction, or RH's? Nevertheless, it has smooth threading, is well-machined, and is a quality piece for certain.

I still need to get around to setting this bad-boy up with dual-coils. I'm going to use 2 of Stormy's 2.4 ohm ready-wires and some 3mm German silica to start off with... ;)

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
great call out. forgot to mention the thinner walls...glad you did!

did you notice a tighter draw and less stable center pin?

theres another ithaka clone out there called the ismoka "magoo" that i found while doing extensive searches for info on the hercules before i recieved mine. wonder how the magoo compares?!

image.jpg

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
great call out. forgot to mention the thinner walls...glad you did!

did you notice a tighter draw and less stable center pin?

theres another ithaka clone out there called the ismoka "magoo" that i found while doing extensive searches for info on the hercules before i recieved mine. wonder how the magoo compares?!

Are you using the 510 base? I'm using the GGTS base on my MKB-TS. The center pin is solid, and concerning the draw, I can open it up pretty airy using the AFC on the MKB-TS if I want to. I prefer a "mid" draw, and it's great for me. :) Hmmm.. I wonder if the Magoo is the one FT is selling? Wonder who is really making it?

Setup on my Herc wasn't bad at all.. 1.2 ohm (2x 2.4 ohm ready-wires) dual coils are pumping-out some warm, flavorful vapor.. :vapor: One must make damn sure the top cap is VERY tight. I had slight gurgling until I thought to really crank down on it. I'm using my DIY 70/30 Hangsen Highway tobacco, and only have the juice control cracked open a little with no dry hits yet. :) The jury is still out whether I prefer this to the Terminator C in stock form.. I DO know I prefer a Term C with the Vochu Kayfun conversion kit in it better than both already.. ;)

st0nedpenguin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2010
WA
Do you know why they are so cheap? It's because they are made with low grade materials. I have 2 real ithakas and my buddy has the clone and I can say they are not equal. Mine vapes like a freight train and his gives a odd taste to the same juice I vape. I refuse to vape on it. Probably not made with high grade ss, enjoy the metal poisioning.

Ps- china does not have regulations on using harmful materials in products like this so be careful

Your friend should have probably cleaned his Hercules out before using it.

madicen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Minglewood
Are these the same clone as the Hercules or is it something else?
$35.22 which includes shipping;

$35.22 Ithaka Adjustable Rebuildable Atomizer (4.0mL) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Like other's have said those are the Tobeco ones...JUNK compared to RH made ones.

I own both a real Ithaka and two Hercs now and they are very, very, very close vape wise, just as close as the Odysseus and Terminator are.

Rainbow Heaven makes GREAT gear and a reasonable price. Stay away from Tobeco stuff though....you get what you pay for.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Here is a German vid comparing the Hercules part-by-part with the Ithaka..

This guy has got the parts mixed up, I guess that's how good Rainbow made them.
OK here is what I'm seeing, in the video the Ithaka parts are on the left and Hercules on the right.
Note the shorter threading on the upper body piece( on left side) where the tank top screws on, that it the Hecules upper body.
It doesn't make any difference to the outcome but that it what I noticed right away when I disassembled my Hercules.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Like other's have said those are the Tobeco ones...JUNK compared to RH made ones.

I own both a real Ithaka and two Hercs now and they are very, very, very close vape wise, just as close as the Odysseus and Terminator are.

Rainbow Heaven makes GREAT gear and a reasonable price. Stay away from Tobeco stuff though....you get what you pay for.

I'm curious how they are deemed junk as there is next to zero info on the Tobeco Ithaka clone. From what I have seen they are a closer match to the real GG one. I have one coming from FastTech so I can do a comparision. The problem is though rumor has it that they are not made by Rainbow or Tobeco, I shall see soon enough and will post it.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
I'm curious how they are deemed junk as there is next to zero info on the Tobeco Ithaka clone. From what I have seen they are a closer match to the real GG one. I have one coming from FastTech so I can do a comparision. The problem is though rumor has it that they are not made by Rainbow or Tobeco, I shall see soon enough and will post it.

id love to hear about the fasttech clones when you get it...would also love to know about the ismoka magoo's if anyone is getting one of those.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
id love to hear about the fasttech clones when you get it...would also love to know about the ismoka magoo's if anyone is getting one of those.
I expect they are one and the same.
Rainbow positive post, I just spent about half an hour trying to get it centered in the ceramic housing, a tiny nylon sleeve where it passes under the nylon nut that secures the negative wire should help.

Soon I will have five Ithakas ( real and not real), three Terms, 3 MKB-TS' but I do believe that I defected yesterday, see below
996883_635141269843434_1246112484_n.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread