Here we go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Driver

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2010
Sacramento, CA.
This is my first post on the board so here goes. I started smoking cigs about 22yrs ago . I started driving over the road as a truck driver soon after, great job for smokers. Instead of sleep you just smoke more cigs, if your hungry you just smoke more. 7 million miles later (yes thats real) I'm putting away 2 to 3 packs a day. I dropped a lite cig on the floor once and couldn't reach it so I took my shoe off and used my toes, it still had a cherry so all was good. I've taken a smoke with me into the shower. I walked out of the hospital 4 hrs after hernia surgey to light on up. Yes I'm addicted. So after all the normal patches,pills, and voodoo I stumble upon a Youtube vid. My first thought was , this is a joke and this guy is going to get arrested for doing drugs and taping it. At the end of the vid I played another, I watched vid's all night. After smoking cigs for so long I'll try anything , now its google time. That was a week ago and today my first 510 from awesome vapor just showed up. I now have 8 hrs until my first vape. I also ordered some more juice before it even showed up, classic smoker thinking.......plan ahead. I didnt even have the 510 in paw yet and I'm already worried about how much juice I might use. I wanted to say (Thanx) as alot of you have already have already helped me out with imfo and stories. My birthday was last week so at 45 I'm still learning. I wonder if anyone has (steak and a beer) juice.

mux

Jun 18, 2010
West Coast
Welcome to the community, Driver!

Good deal, Driver. Welcome to ECF and the wonders of vaping. I hope you've got some good juice, because I think that can make a world of difference in success rates. I'm thinking you'll do great though, you seem to have researched well and made good choices so far. Let us know how it goes!
^This.

I continually credit my success on quitting analogs to all the information others had already gathered for me on various forums and blogs. There is so much good information on the internet about e-cigs that it is mind boggling. You think you finally have a grasp on the subject and then read about something else and start learning all over again. :)

It sounds like you definitely did your homework and started with a good e-cig model. I know many members will encourage you along the way and that you are definitely on the right path to quiting analogs!

Oh, and happy late birthday!

EDIT: Quick suggestion, you may want to look into an AC adapter for your truck if you are driving a lot and didn't get one already. This way you can always have a battery charging while driving. Or you can just get a USB passthrough with an AC adapter and throw the batteries out completely! Well, not completely..You still want to have a few spare charged batteries "just in case".

Last edited:

Shaka

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Honolulu, HI
Greetings Driver!

Looks like all your ducks are in order and ready to go...once your pv comes in. Just remember that you smoked for 22 years. You tried all the other traditional cessations methods and nothing's worked. I can tell you that if you've taken up vaping to quit smoking (many of us haven't), it's going to work...sometimes right away, sometime not...but it will work absolutely. And you're gonna have a lot of fun along the way!

Welcome to ecf Driver!!

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
This is my first post on the board so here goes. I started smoking cigs about 22yrs ago . I started driving over the road as a truck driver soon after, great job for smokers. Instead of sleep you just smoke more cigs, if your hungry you just smoke more. 7 million miles later (yes thats real) I'm putting away 2 to 3 packs a day. I dropped a lite cig on the floor once and couldn't reach it so I took my shoe off and used my toes, it still had a cherry so all was good. I've taken a smoke with me into the shower. I walked out of the hospital 4 hrs after hernia surgey to light on up. Yes I'm addicted. So after all the normal patches,pills, and voodoo I stumble upon a Youtube vid. My first thought was , this is a joke and this guy is going to get arrested for doing drugs and taping it. At the end of the vid I played another, I watched vid's all night. After smoking cigs for so long I'll try anything , now its google time. That was a week ago and today my first 510 from awesome vapor just showed up. I now have 8 hrs until my first vape. I also ordered some more juice before it even showed up, classic smoker thinking.......plan ahead. I didnt even have the 510 in paw yet and I'm already worried about how much juice I might use. I wanted to say (Thanx) as alot of you have already have already helped me out with imfo and stories. My birthday was last week so at 45 I'm still learning. I wonder if anyone has (steak and a beer) juice.

Welcome !
You have made a good choice with a 510 for sure. I hope you enjoy it. There is always someone here to help or just listen to frustrations.

Driver

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2010
Sacramento, CA.
I'm only one hour into my first day, WOW I've refilled the cart 3 times and I dont even like the taste. I refilled with usa favorite blend 24mg, kinda perfume tasting. I was able to smell when it goes dry. I blew the primer out of the atty last night so I didnt get any of that. One thing that did surprise me , the feeling like I'm back in the high school parking lot and I might get caught. pause in typing while I top off here................. Ok the vapor cloud is very much like a cig and the TH and chest hit are strong. Just need to find a flavor that fits me.

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
There are so many to try, I am sure you will find a few good ones.
What I noticed in the very beginning was that I didn't like the flavor but kept doing it anyway. When I ran out of that flavor I wanted more. I ended up not liking the cig taste and liked that flavor better LOL.
My suggestion would be to order the flavor anyway or order new flavors before you run out of that one. That way if you realize that flavor is better then what you ordered you still have some.

romping

Feb 22, 2010
Colombia
Hey Driver. Try Awesome Vapor´s coffee flavor. Amazing! Buy some of their Vegetable G. and mix some in for more vapor. I also like the flavors from vaporbomb and they will mix the vegetable in for you. I started out with the cig flavors and got away from them right away. They are nasty in my opinion. Also, get a chuck or some type of 3.7 battery mod to use with your 510 atomizers.. Makes a world a difference in vaping.

Last edited:

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
That's great. I haven't seen the inside of a rig since we use to build stereos and CB's into briefcases for truckers. Uh oh, that was way before you started smoking!!!
I guess you have USB everywhere now. If you haven't seen it, Madvapes has a "sit and go passthrough" that looks perfect for you. The cable just unplugs from a mini usb at the end of the charged batt and you're mobile. I'm sure other vendors have it, I just don't look everywhere else. Best of luck.

http://www.madvapes.com/510-Sit-and-Go-USB-Passthrough_p_2447.html

Last edited:

Driver

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2010
Sacramento, CA.
Thanks guys I do have an order on the way from liquid express, cartos and different flavors. I do have a coffee sample I should try. I use to chew coffee beans to help stay awake. I remember buying cigs in NM on a indian reservation and trading them for canadian beer. I have already been eye ballin the ego/tornado for battrey life.

Driver

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2010
Sacramento, CA.
42109 those breifcase setups are called slip seat boxes now, for when you change trucks. I used to ride in the truck with my Dad as a kid, back then you could do over 100mph in some parts of TX, little blue flames commin out of the pipes because the motors were turned up. That was fun. Rigs today are all computer controlled so speeding is hard to do, unless you have a laptop and the right software;)

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
great post..welcome to the community...

as for the steak and beer juice...yeah theres at least one place that has a lager flavor... and another place that has all sorts of bizzare flavoring....
Beer
Beef (boiled)
Beef (roasted)
Chicken (Boiled)
Chicken (Roasted)
Ham (Cooked)
Ham (Cured)
Pepper, Black
Soy Sauce

some other places have flavors like bacon...or waffles...

yeah silly as it is, it's out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread