• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

hey all

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooshman812

Jun 1, 2012
lincoln ne
I live in lincoln currently doing heating and air, been a busy summer! And just seein whats goin on in the Nebraska area with the vapor world, my setup now is 100% joyetech and mostly quit analogs, whats everyone else using with there setup? And where do you shop at? I buy almost exclusively from american eliquid store and have liked all of the 6 juices ive tried. Any stores i should give a shot? I would prefer joyetech but open to suggestions.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Hey all, so Ive never really looked into diy. Hear about it alot but the initial investment is just too much with the cost of nicotine, plus im more than happy with the many flavors i have to choose from now. What do you think the estimated cost of diy is over the course of a year? Just curious.

Way cheaper than chasing the "next must have" juice....
Trust me...
But on the other hand I kinda feel you cant/won't really appreciate diy till you've chased the dragon....

Kind of a catch 22...

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Hey all, so Ive never really looked into diy. Hear about it alot but the initial investment is just too much with the cost of nicotine, plus im more than happy with the many flavors i have to choose from now. What do you think the estimated cost of diy is over the course of a year? Just curious.

Initial investment will come down to how many flavors you want at your disposal immediately and what type of equipment you desire. The nic isn't that bad on the pocketbook, especially looking at long term. Estimated cost of DIY over a year will reflect how much you vape and what mg of nic you like for your liquids. I would say (The way I am doing it and for two people), in a course of one year..maybe $100 in nic, $50 on PG and VG, $100-$150 for supplies including bottles and then you have the cost of flavorings. Those can obviously vary greatly depending on vendor, strength and quantity. You would be looking at anywhere from $1.25-$7 for a standard sized bottle of flavoring. Now that would probably be an estimate for a typical DIY setup with little to moderate frills. I through down way more, initially, but got into a bunch of other things with mixing right away. With the exception of having to buy nicotine and a few flavors here and there, I am set for probably another year on what I have.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Initial investment will come down to how many flavors you want at your disposal immediately and what type of equipment you desire. The nic isn't that bad on the pocketbook, especially looking at long term. Estimated cost of DIY over a year will reflect how much you vape and what mg of nic you like for your liquids. I would say (The way I am doing it and for two people), in a course of one year..maybe $100 in nic, $50 on PG and VG, $100-$150 for supplies including bottles and then you have the cost of flavorings. Those can obviously vary greatly depending on vendor, strength and quantity. You would be looking at anywhere from $1.25-$7 for a standard sized bottle of flavoring. Now that would probably be an estimate for a typical DIY setup with little to moderate frills. I through down way more, initially, but got into a bunch of other things with mixing right away. With the exception of having to buy nicotine and a few flavors here and there, I am set for probably another year on what I have.
P
:facepalm::D...lol...that is why I love you man. Precise/concise.....I applaud the effort.
On the bright side Moosh now has a full spectrum to peruse...
Count the mls/pennies/drops....
Slosh some crap in a bottle...lol...

Moosh....without a doubt, pitts way is the prefered method.
There's a lot to be said for my simplistic approach also but my method is so simple because of my pg/vg/nic ratios...and because I have no taste..lol...

Here's the thing about diy....you can make it as complicated...or simple as you want.
Your only trying to impress/appease yourself.
Do what works for you....period. that's what I do. I know I should be keeping copious notes and agonizing over this and that BUT

3ml/3ml/3ml in a 10 ml bottle....flavor it up kinda like last time..with a new twist...load up and vape.
This works for me and I'm happy with my juices...but I vape pretty much only tobaccos over and over.
I know pitt is rolling his eyes in disbelief because this is absolutely not the way he mixes.

Till you do it you just don't know, but I do know It's WAY cheaper than vendor juice.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
P
:facepalm::D...lol...that is why I love you man. Precise/concise.....I applaud the effort.
On the bright side Moosh now has a full spectrum to peruse...
Count the mls/pennies/drops....
Slosh some crap in a bottle...lol...

Moosh....without a doubt, pitts way is the prefered method.
There's a lot to be said for my simplistic approach also but my method is so simple because of my pg/vg/nic ratios...and because I have no taste..lol...

Here's the thing about diy....you can make it as complicated...or simple as you want.
Your only trying to impress/appease yourself.
Do what works for you....period. that's what I do. I know I should be keeping copious notes and agonizing over this and that BUT

3ml/3ml/3ml in a 10 ml bottle....flavor it up kinda like last time..with a new twist...load up and vape.
This works for me and I'm happy with my juices...but I vape pretty much only tobaccos over and over.
I know pitt is rolling his eyes in disbelief because this is absolutely not the way he mixes.

Till you do it you just don't know, but I do know It's WAY cheaper than vendor juice.

TAKE NOTES!!!

Ok, I got that over with..now I'm done, Lol. You will be proud of me, Hawk..the other day I threw together a couple of bottles without measuring anything and didn't even take notes..no looking back now!

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
TAKE NOTES!!!

Ok, I got that over with..now I'm done, Lol. You will be proud of me, Hawk..the other day I threw together a couple of bottles without measuring anything and didn't even take notes..no looking back now!

Lazy is the American way. At some point you won't even care what you're squirting in a bottle.
Cheese whiz doesn't produce a lot of vapor but it tastes damn good.
That was a mistake by the way...but it could happen again.

I'm getting leg cramps chasing you all over this forum...can we sit and have a beer...or a bourbon...or a beer and a bourbon...an ambian and and a cheese sandwhich?

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Lazy is the American way. At some point you won't even care what you're squirting in a bottle.
Cheese whiz doesn't produce a lot of vapor but it tastes damn good.
That was a mistake by the way...but it could happen again.

I'm getting leg cramps chasing you all over this forum...can we sit and have a beer...or a bourbon...or a beer and a bourbon...an ambian and and a cheese sandwhich?

Well I hope to care enough not to squirt certain things into a bottle..maybe a cup, but never a bottle!

Sorry, sometimes I forget about the age issues..all of that sounds good! Whole wheat bread for the sandwich?

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
If I were you I would go DIY right off the bat. I got hooked on halo juice... At 75cents per ml.., it was almost as expensive as smoking. Now I make my stuff for about 9 cents per ml. I just make up like 600 ml of 18mg nic base, add 5 drops per 10 ml of vaping zone flavoring, and shake an let sit for a couple days.

-Sam

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
maybe pure nicotine is $1/ml???? That stuff is scary, the heaviest dilution I will deal with is 100mg/ml nic, and I treat that stuff like it were a strong acid. I usually suggest that people just getting in to DIY start out with a weaker dilution, my friend vapes at 24mg so I told him to get 24 mg nic from wizard labs. He loves it, and it cut his juice cost in half, and he vaped cheap stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread