Hey everyone! Need some suggestions here, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
East coast.
Hey everyone. I used to vape years ago and would like to start again. There have probably been a lot of new e-cigs released and fancy doohickeys and what-not so I need some suggestions on what to get.

I used to use a Joye eGo with a low-res atomizer and drip-tip. I've since lost it, but something simple and sleek would suffice.

Thanks in advance! Hope to get to know you all soon. :)

Elana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
East coast.
I'm not sure what a box mod is, but I need something small that hits hard. I have a Chuck around here somewhere that I used to use frequently, but it's kind of cumbersome to carry around in my purse with that heavy battery.

I also read randomly about "coils", but need to do more research... a lot has changed in 4 years....

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Heck, a lot has changed in the last year, and seem to change daily, if not more often. :lol: Yeah, there are soo many choices, style's, amount of power, type of atomizer..... heck seems before the latest and greatest ever makes it to my vapebox, it's already obsolete. Check out every thing, find what makes the most sense to you and follow that path. Sleek and efficient, would be something like the Innokin VV V3, equivalent in a box mod would be the MVP2. both are VV/VW, variable volts/watts, and can take one up to 11 watts. An excellent entry into vape today. Although both are old, vape wise, they are a great beginning to intermediate device, often more than enough to satisfy 80% of vapers.

Want more power and flexibility, well there are numerous 30-100 watt mods to choose from.

Hits hard is a relative term and doesn't really quantify what your vape goals are. But one must start somewhere and get on the path. Good luck on your mod quest.

Vape long and Prosper.!!!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'm not sure what a box mod is, but I need something small that hits hard. I have a Chuck around here somewhere that I used to use frequently, but it's kind of cumbersome to carry around in my purse with that heavy battery.

I also read randomly about "coils", but need to do more research... a lot has changed in 4 years....

Not really when you think about it. Power source, something to hold the juice, heating element, some kind of wick to get the juice to the heating element. Voilà vapor!

nate_

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2013
Statesboro, GA
most people say that 1 to 1 1/2 years is the limit on juice, but try what you have - might work. As far as tanks, that's all I use. much less hassle and pretty inexpensive (depending on what you get). iClear 16's are easy to fill and maintain, pro tank mini is easy too, sometimes the flavor wicks are a trifle of pain to clean, but you can bay replacement coils for next to nothing.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Oh, I have TONS of juice from when I vaped a few years ago... I'm wondering if it is still good?

I literally have enough juice to vape for at least a year! Anyone know about shelf-life of juices? Do they ever go bad, really?

I don't think they go bad in the sense of rotting, I have juice that's 2+ years old I sometimes vape. I think some just get to the point they taste horrible.

Elana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
East coast.
I meant BUY coils........I fill 3 or 4 small tanks with different flavors and change 'em out on my battery frequently - lasts for days without having to mess with anything.

Okay... so tanks are basically little juice holders that come with replaceable coils inside of them (that actually vaporize the liquid)?

Know a good website to get tanks from on the cheap?

Elana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
East coast.
I don't think they go bad in the sense of rotting, I have juice that's 2+ years old I sometimes vape. I think some just get to the point they taste horrible.

I haven't tried any out yet, but they all still smell good. Do you think that the flavorings have actually gone gross or that maybe they have become concentrated and need to be thinned out by adding more VG or PG?

nate_

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2013
Statesboro, GA
I buy from local shops. To date I have yet to make an e cig purchase online, but there are a thousand sites. If you are going to get everything from scratch I would suggest some kind of kit that has at least the battery (or mod), the right size charger and a tank. If you aren't sure what kind to get, try not to spend too much til you're more familiar with what's in your price range and user friendliness. I recently upgraded and got an Innoken iTaste MVP2 with charger, 2 iclear 16 tanks and a bottle of juice for just under $60 (everything was in the kit but the juice....it was on the house).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread