The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hey everyone! Need some suggestions here, please!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Elana, Sep 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Elana

Elana Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2010
    East coast.
    Hey everyone. I used to vape years ago and would like to start again. There have probably been a lot of new e-cigs released and fancy doohickeys and what-not so I need some suggestions on what to get.

I used to use a Joye eGo with a low-res atomizer and drip-tip. I've since lost it, but something simple and sleek would suffice.

Thanks in advance! Hope to get to know you all soon. :)

2. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hello and welcome back!

There are lots of new devices on the market, they seem to come out daily. You said "sleek," does that mean you are looking for something eGo-shaped or are you open to box mods?

3. Elana

Jul 7, 2010
    East coast.
    I'm not sure what a box mod is, but I need something small that hits hard. I have a Chuck around here somewhere that I used to use frequently, but it's kind of cumbersome to carry around in my purse with that heavy battery.

I also read randomly about "coils", but need to do more research... a lot has changed in 4 years....

4. nate_

nate_ Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 20, 2013
    Statesboro, GA
    I used to live and play music in Valdosta in the 80's. You could get an ego twist or vision spinner with an iclear 16 tank or kanger pro tank (mini 2) and some tasty juice. That should be small enough, but I wouldn't waste time or money on the cig-alikes.

5. nate_

May 20, 2013
    Statesboro, GA
    A box mod is like an iTaste mvp (I currently use mvp2 and love it) It's the basic size and shape of a pack of smokes, just narrower and heavier, but you can adjust the voltage or wattage to tailor your puff capacity (wattage is easier).

6. Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2014
    attic
    A Joyetech Ego C with a couple of good batteries and a charger would get you going again. Buy some 18mg juice and a half liter of Vg (from the drug store) to weaken it when you feel the need.

7. dice57

dice57 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2013
    Mount Vernon, Wa
    Heck, a lot has changed in the last year, and seem to change daily, if not more often. :lol: Yeah, there are soo many choices, style's, amount of power, type of atomizer..... heck seems before the latest and greatest ever makes it to my vapebox, it's already obsolete. Check out every thing, find what makes the most sense to you and follow that path. Sleek and efficient, would be something like the Innokin VV V3, equivalent in a box mod would be the MVP2. both are VV/VW, variable volts/watts, and can take one up to 11 watts. An excellent entry into vape today. Although both are old, vape wise, they are a great beginning to intermediate device, often more than enough to satisfy 80% of vapers.

Want more power and flexibility, well there are numerous 30-100 watt mods to choose from.

Hits hard is a relative term and doesn't really quantify what your vape goals are. But one must start somewhere and get on the path. Good luck on your mod quest.

Vape long and Prosper.!!!

8. Elana

Jul 7, 2010
    East coast.
    Hey Nate! Nice to see someone familiar with the area. :)

Are the tanks worth the price? Is it a lot less hassle than dripping?

9. The Ocelot

Not really when you think about it. Power source, something to hold the juice, heating element, some kind of wick to get the juice to the heating element. Voilà vapor!

10. Elana

Jul 7, 2010
    East coast.
    Oh, I have TONS of juice from when I vaped a few years ago... I'm wondering if it is still good?

I literally have enough juice to vape for at least a year! Anyone know about shelf-life of juices? Do they ever go bad, really?

11. nate_

May 20, 2013
    Statesboro, GA
    most people say that 1 to 1 1/2 years is the limit on juice, but try what you have - might work. As far as tanks, that's all I use. much less hassle and pretty inexpensive (depending on what you get). iClear 16's are easy to fill and maintain, pro tank mini is easy too, sometimes the flavor wicks are a trifle of pain to clean, but you can bay replacement coils for next to nothing.

12. nate_

May 20, 2013
    Statesboro, GA
    I meant BUY coils........I fill 3 or 4 small tanks with different flavors and change 'em out on my battery frequently - lasts for days without having to mess with anything.

13. The Ocelot

I don't think they go bad in the sense of rotting, I have juice that's 2+ years old I sometimes vape. I think some just get to the point they taste horrible.

14. Elana

Jul 7, 2010
    East coast.

Okay... so tanks are basically little juice holders that come with replaceable coils inside of them (that actually vaporize the liquid)?

Know a good website to get tanks from on the cheap?

15. Elana

Jul 7, 2010
    East coast.
    I haven't tried any out yet, but they all still smell good. Do you think that the flavorings have actually gone gross or that maybe they have become concentrated and need to be thinned out by adding more VG or PG?

16. Talons001

Talons001 Senior Member Verified Member

Sep 5, 2014
    North Carolina, USA
    I have juice from 1-2 years ago. Some have steeped to the point of being horrible where as others taste just as good as the day I purchased them. I don't know if there's a way to save the ones that taste bad, I would recommend looking at the DIY eliquid forum for info on that.

17. nate_

May 20, 2013
    Statesboro, GA
    I buy from local shops. To date I have yet to make an e cig purchase online, but there are a thousand sites. If you are going to get everything from scratch I would suggest some kind of kit that has at least the battery (or mod), the right size charger and a tank. If you aren't sure what kind to get, try not to spend too much til you're more familiar with what's in your price range and user friendliness. I recently upgraded and got an Innoken iTaste MVP2 with charger, 2 iclear 16 tanks and a bottle of juice for just under $60 (everything was in the kit but the juice....it was on the house).

18. Karnn

Karnn Full Member

Shelf life of the juice is going to depend a bit on how it was stored but there really shouldn't be much to go bad with them, I've vaped on some 2 and 1/2 year old juice that was fantastic.

19. nate_

May 20, 2013
    Statesboro, GA
    [Okay... so tanks are basically little juice holders that come with replaceable coils inside of them (that actually vaporize the liquid)?
    Sorry I didn't answer that but yes, you are correct.

20. Karnn

Karnn Full Member

Small and hits hard rarely go together, but you may want to check into the itaste vv an the itaste clk both are small adjustable with decent power and good features

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.