Hey from Upstate New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjp087

Apr 23, 2020
Syracuse native here, just wanted to introduce myself. I smoked for about 5 years, and started vaping about two years ago. I have access to flavors for another month or so before Cuomo's ban goes into effect, and I'm not sure what I'll do exactly, but I know I won't go back to smoking. I'll probably just quit altogether and sell off most if not all of my gear. It feels bittersweet. I started vaping on a little Ego AIO with quitting being the ultimate goal, but now faced with the end...I don't know. I enjoyed it. I spent a lot of money on it. I learned a lot about how our government works.

I guess I really just want to try and help people getting into it or that just generally have questions about it. People got me into vaping and I feel like giving back in that way is an important part of any community.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Syracuse native here, just wanted to introduce myself.
Hi. I'm in the same boat (state). I plan to continue mixing my own. I'm hoping (without a good reason) that this will be thrown out in court.
But I have family in Ct, only 30 min drive. I'll buy and have it shipped to them, then pick it up.
I'm upset NYS snuck this into the budget in the middle of the night.

Welcome. With all that is going on, we will get through it!

• Agree
Reactions: jwbnyc

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
ECF NEW MEMBERS WELCOME..jpg

Welcome to ECF buddy,glad to have you here among us.

Been wondering thou,when the whole ban thing starts can't you guys cross to Canada.
I remember back in the day when i lived in White Rock (Vancouver) pops and mom owned a restaurant so we always crossed the border to the USA to get some stuff they had offers on.
Dont know if the same could be applied for vaping but viceversa,have they put a rule in for bringing in vape products from Canada for example?

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Been wondering thou,when the whole ban thing starts can't you guys cross to Canada.
(I'll assume you mean after the current travel ban.)
It would most likely be easier for rjp087 to drop into Pennsylvania. Only about 100 miles vs 150 miles to Niagara Falls/Buffalo. Plus, there are no customs and border guards!
It amazes me of the levels of hypocrisy of Cuomo. Yes, he is doing a great job with the covid-19. But he says "we will follow the science."
Yet the ban is based on a lot of myths. Like vaping causes popcorn lung, vaping leads to smoking, vaping caused the sickness and deaths of last year (the tainted Vitamin E/weed thing), and vaping is not a good smoke cessation method.

But I digress.

For us in NYS, it is about 1) stocking up, 2) finding a way around these stupid laws and 3) challenging the laws.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
(I'll assume you mean after the current travel ban.)
It would most likely be easier for rjp087 to drop into Pennsylvania. Only about 100 miles vs 150 miles to Niagara Falls/Buffalo. Plus, there are no customs and border guards!
It amazes me of the levels of hypocrisy of Cuomo. Yes, he is doing a great job with the covid-19. But he says "we will follow the science."
Yet the ban is based on a lot of myths. Like vaping causes popcorn lung, vaping leads to smoking, vaping caused the sickness and deaths of last year (the tainted Vitamin E/weed thing), and vaping is not a good smoke cessation method.

But I digress.

For us in NYS, it is about 1) stocking up, 2) finding a way around these stupid laws and 3) challenging the laws.

oh yeah,sorry my bad.
for a second there i forgot about the travel bans because of corona.
Dang i truly feel sorry for you guys,here in Spain for now we ok but im just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

And by shoe i mean the goverment taxing the hell out of all vaping products,guessing they couldn't tax mods and atomizers but e-liquids (both base and nicotine) yeah i can see that happening.

I find partially at fault all those that bought THC pods from someone selling them from a trunk of chevy nova or just dodgy establishments.
If they didn't lie about them using those pods with the vitamin E acetate and just came out clean about it you guys wouldn't be in that mess but they just blatantly lie when the doctors asks them or when they are being interviewed.
Vaping,Vaping did this to me!! gee,man up and take the blame for once...
Also to blame are the establishments that sell pod products to minors,if they sell to a minor and they are caught they should get closed FOREVER.
With a firm hand stores would stop selling to minors,they most definitely would follow the rules but then again...
i guess it would be like back in the day when kids asked an adult to buy them beer because they ''forgot'' their ID hehe

Times change,before it was booze and now it's vaping products.

*edited to add something about people selling to minors*

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: DaveOno

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Welcome and glad you joined. Suggest you DIY and cut back nic gradually.
I think this is my strong advice for ANY and EVERY person who vapes.

I'd been lazy, holding at 5 or 6mg for years. But with the lockdown, I was vaping way more, since my vape intake is limited at work. So with my next batch, I lowered to 3.5, and then to 2.

And it went well, after a few days, I adjusted to 2mg. With that change, I have enough nic base to last me 15 years (assuming that it does last 15 years).

My problem will be coils, flavorings, and maybe batteries. And there is no tobacco nor nic in any coil, flavors or batteries, just saying...

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I think this is my strong advice for ANY and EVERY person who vapes.

I'd been lazy, holding at 5 or 6mg for years. But with the lockdown, I was vaping way more, since my vape intake is limited at work. So with my next batch, I lowered to 3.5, and then to 2.

And it went well, after a few days, I adjusted to 2mg. With that change, I have enough nic base to last me 15 years (assuming that it does last 15 years).

My problem will be coils, flavorings, and maybe batteries. And there is no tobacco nor nic in any coil, flavors or batteries, just saying...

I ordered a bottle of juice and ordered 0mg nic by mistake. The damned box was labeled TOBACCO PRODUCT. Go figure...

• Agree
Reactions: DaveOno

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I ordered a bottle of juice and ordered 0mg nic by mistake. The damned box was labeled TOBACCO PRODUCT. Go figure...
ikr?
Instead of paying about $40 for a liter of 100mg tobacco nic, I'd gladly pay $100 for nic from potato or eggplant or any of the other sources.

Mods, tanks, coils, pg, vg and flavorings have no tobacco. The only item is the nic. Yet, it is all bundled together under the term "tobacco products."

But I digress. I can go on and spout this, and I'm preaching to the choir.

rjp087

Apr 23, 2020
Welcome and glad you joined. Suggest you DIY and cut back nic gradually.

Yeah, I've been vaping 3mg for a while now. I really just never took the time to sit down and find vendors for VG/PG/flavoring/nic. I guess a fear is wasting money making .... I wouldn't want to vape? I guess the point will be moot soon enough, so I won't have much of a choice if I choose to continue to try and vape.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread