Hey guys, new here, and advice on a proper new APV for me would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlushPuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2014
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Hey everyone, :D

I am currently in the market for a APV as a step up from my kamry telescopic mech. Ill try to keep this short, sweet, and to the point; as i know there seems to be alot of these "what should i get" posts. A few things I would like to see are possibly VV&VW, tubemod, different colors, customizable, and ability to vape while charging. or just have a pass through accessory. Ive been looking at the lavatube 2.5 and i did almost everything about it except the fact that ive heard volcano dosent have the best customer service and the fact that i have also seen someone say that the lavatube 2.5 will not fire a dual coil setup. Preferably, i would like something that has the potential to produce large clouds. I have also looked at the Evic supreme, Provari, and a few Innokin products. My main two top choices are the Evic supreme and the Lavatube 2.5, my only complaints about them is that the Evic menu seems extremely confusing and difficult to master, while the Lavatube dosent have a vape while charging feature. I thought you could vape the Evic while charging, but i could be wrong. Any advice, tips, or recommendations will be weighed into my final decision greatly. :) thanks everyone!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

I am currently in the market for a APV as a step up from my kamry telescopic mech. Ill try to keep this short, sweet, and to the point; as i know there seems to be alot of these "what should i get" posts. A few things I would like to see are possibly VV&VW, tubemod, different colors, customizable, and ability to vape while charging. or just have a pass through accessory. Ive been looking at the lavatube 2.5 and i did almost everything about it except the fact that ive heard volcano dosent have the best customer service and the fact that i have also seen someone say that the lavatube 2.5 will not fire a dual coil setup. Preferably, i would like something that has the potential to produce large clouds. I have also looked at the Evic supreme, Provari, and a few Innokin products. My main two top choices are the Evic supreme and the Lavatube 2.5, my only complaints about them is that the Evic menu seems extremely confusing and difficult to master, while the Lavatube dosent have a vape while charging feature. I thought you could vape the Evic while charging, but i could be wrong. Any advice, tips, or recommendations will be weighed into my final decision greatly. :) thanks everyone!

Hi and welcome!

Do you have a budget? What toppers are you currently using?

If I need to stay under $50; innokin
No budget?; P3 or Pipeline pro
Personally, I would never consider a Lavatube or an Evic.

Have fun
I

SlushPuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2014
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Hi and welcome!

Do you have a budget? What toppers are you currently using?

If I need to stay under $50; innokin
No budget?; P3 or Pipeline pro
Personally, I would never consider a Lavatube or an Evic.

Have fun
I

Its a RBA, not sure of the brand, got it from an ex roommate. im planning to switch to a kayfun, or an aspire nautilus and will be made along with this purchase

Where can i buy a P3? and i assume you mean the new provari?
This is what i wanted originally, but i cant find any information on it at all. EDIT: Now i know why i can hardly find info on it, its not released yet! :D sorry about that

Last edited:

superjoefly

Aug 23, 2014
Houston, TX
What kind of watts are you looking for? I've got a BEC Pro that I really like...currently goes up to 50 watts which is higher than needed for most people. Can't vape while charging though, but it's pretty good on battery life...probably not as good as some of the box mods that are out. The Eleaf Istick is pretty popular and inexpensive...alot of people seem to really like it...I don't know if you can charge while vaping, but I hear it has good battery life. It's a box mod though. The only high watt tube mods that I"m familiar with are the BEC Pro and the Cloupor T5. If 20 watts is enough for you, then you may want to check out the Sigelei 20w.

SlushPuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2014
Cincinnati, OH, USA
What kind of watts are you looking for? I've got a BEC Pro that I really like...currently goes up to 50 watts which is higher than needed for most people. Can't vape while charging though, but it's pretty good on battery life...probably not as good as some of the box mods that are out. The Eleaf Istick is pretty popular and inexpensive...alot of people seem to really like it...I don't know if you can charge while vaping, but I hear it has good battery life. It's a box mod though. The only high watt tube mods that I"m familiar with are the BEC Pro and the Cloupor T5. If 20 watts is enough for you, then you may want to check out the Sigelei 20w.
15-20 watts is fine with me, i value more of a good throat hit over GIANT clouds. but giant clouds are fun ^.^

Jbnaru

Oct 17, 2014
California
The Evic Supreme isn't as complicated as people say and thought, It's easy especially with the program it comes with. Get to choose 3 different versions based on preference. Currently mine has a Pic, hit counter, battery~love that its a % and not a bar like old one. total seconds, and watts. Can set goals like after 40 hits alarms you, also seconds show when hitting it. Can set it to auto drag for seconds up to 10. and yes you could hit it while charging. takes only 3 hrs to fully charge and then lasts awhile.

Jbnaru

Oct 17, 2014
California
I guess it would also depend how well your good with technology.For me, this is my first APV with a screen and a program. Opened it a few hrs ago, charged it, and then mastered the program in like a hr and then looked through pen, it really is fairly easy then I thought considering I got use to it really fast. I really enjoy it already especially with all the extra programs, The new V 2.2 firmware is more for Info on pen like ohms, volts, watts, temperature of device, battery info. and then V1.1 is for like puff counts, Pictures, and all that, So if you want it for the cool extras V1.1, If for smoking and not caring about pics and extra V2.2 and its just 1 click of a button in program to go between which version you want. Also the new Delta thats mainly just for the Evic is pretty tight, Watts go up to 26 on that tank so you can get pretty decent smoke with it

SlushPuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2014
Cincinnati, OH, USA
I guess it would also depend how well your good with technology.For me, this is my first APV with a screen and a program. Opened it a few hrs ago, charged it, and then mastered the program in like a hr and then looked through pen, it really is fairly easy then I thought considering I got use to it really fast. I really enjoy it already especially with all the extra programs, The new V 2.2 firmware is more for Info on pen like ohms, volts, watts, temperature of device, battery info. and then V1.1 is for like puff counts, Pictures, and all that, So if you want it for the cool extras V1.1, If for smoking and not caring about pics and extra V2.2 and its just 1 click of a button in program to go between which version you want. Also the new Delta thats mainly just for the Evic is pretty tight, Watts go up to 26 on that tank so you can get pretty decent smoke with it
Im not too worried about the pictures lol, but thanks for all the info. if you come across any flaws or pet peeves, lemme know, yeah? i probably wont be making me final decision till sometime this weekend

Jbnaru

Oct 17, 2014
California
Oh also another perk I did find is the 2 previous mods I had, eventually the 510 connector would get used so much that the 510 tanks wouldnt screw on anymore, so when buying this i also looked at parts wise and the connector on this mod is like a 3 dollar replaceable piece. But I am on the market for another APV since my last mod the 510 connector broke like i said and I got full refund on another mod, so If you decide on another mod or something let me know also? and Ill let you know if any problems with Evic

This was posted on reddit yesterday...their site is viasi.net and I have ordered from them before. If you are looking for a good deal, here is your opportunity LOL. Good luck...this stuff can be confusing, but it is fun too.

Better than Black Friday!!!

Now thru 10 pm EST 10/19 2014…Welcome to VIASI - Vape It ∓ Sleeve It

For 1st 25 orders of VIASI eLiquid totaling over $75 (after all other discounts), we will throw in a FREE #SMOK 900 mah x2 VV Kit (an $89.99 VALUE!)

Simply type REDDIT KIT in the comment section of your order – and the 1st 25 people who qualify will get their FREE kit. This special can be used in conjunction with our BUBBLEPOP promotion giving you 50% off your purchase and is limited to 1 FREE kit per order. So start your Christmas shopping early (LOL), save this one for a spare…or give it to a friend.

Happy Vaping! :vapor:

SlushPuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2014
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Oh also another perk I did find is the 2 previous mods I had, eventually the 510 connector would get used so much that the 510 tanks wouldnt screw on anymore, so when buying this i also looked at parts wise and the connector on this mod is like a 3 dollar replaceable piece. But I am on the market for another APV since my last mod the 510 connector broke like i said and I got full refund on another mod, so If you decide on another mod or something let me know also? and Ill let you know if any problems with Evic
I plan to become a frequent member here and plan to post what i get and what not. ill keep you posted. all i can determine right now is that the lavatube is off the table. and i know for damn sure that i do not want a box mod. i dont like the aesthetics of them.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I plan to become a frequent member here and plan to post what i get and what not. ill keep you posted. all i can determine right now is that the lavatube is off the table. and i know for damn sure that i do not want a box mod. i dont like the aesthetics of them.

" i dont like the aesthetics of them."

I said that too.:facepalm:

Now I own 5 REO's. :D :p

Looks aside, what WORKS...WORKS.

Include the Vamo/KSD 30 watt in your list...and remember; once the P3 pops, the 2.5's should be a great value. :toast:

Have fun
I

SlushPuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2014
Cincinnati, OH, USA
" i dont like the aesthetics of them."

I said that too.:facepalm:

Now I own 5 REO's. :D :p

Looks aside, what WORKS...WORKS.

Include the Vamo/KSD 30 watt in your list...and remember; once the P3 pops, the 2.5's should be a great value. :toast:

Have fun
I

The only box mod im kind of considering is the vaporshark rdna. lol

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

Evic Supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread