• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

hey Omaha vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Hey Omaha area vapers....Just wanted to throw this out there and see if there is any interest.

I have some vaping items sitting around collecting dust. Thought about putting them up on the classifieds, but frankly the $$$ isn't worth the time or effort to fool with paypal and such, and thought that maybe one of my local vape friends might like or need what I have.

Not looking to cash in ...just looking to see if anything I might have laying around might be of interest to anyone. Not even looking for $$$, maybe a trade of stuff I have and not using for stuff you have and not using. Heck...if I have something you need or would want, and you're a little strapped right now I would happily bequeath it to you.

Haven't taken an inventory or anything, but off the top of my head I have various liquids just sitting here doing nobody any good. I have some tasty vapor, want 2 vape backwoods brew, mom and pops...etc....

I have a couple of 18650 batts and charger just collecting dust....a couple of ego/riva chargers and a 9 month old ego that amazingly still hits, but I never use it anymore. I have some vg and who knows what else.

Like I said...not enough, or not enough of a dollar value, to fool with the classies but if anyone local has any use I would be willing to help ya out. Plus this would be a great way for me to meet another local vaper.

If interested just post or PM me.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
not sure the cb thing ever happened...or maybe it did but I wasn't able to attend (work). I get to Lincoln every so often so maybe one day can meet up.

So...what hardware and liquids are you using? Myself, I'm using a Maxi roughstack...jumping back and forth between 5 (ish) and 6 volts. Normally vape a lot of Madvapes juice with an occasional random vendor juice thrown in there also. I'm about "this close" to buying a Sabertouch (been saying that for a few months). Carto guy all the way (do have an atty that I check out new juices with) but pretty much do the dual coils constantly.

Once again....good to meet you Bob. Having someone post here has been very refreshing.

What About Bob

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Nebraska
I am sure ours paths will cross. I hope we can get a nebraska vapors get together one day.

I like using cartos also. When I first tried them a couple years ago they were awful but now they have tons of good ones on the market. I prefer the low resistance on 3.7 volts. I am going to try and make a vv soon. I also enjoy making my own e-pipe mods and I am a form over function type.

I like madvapes for sure. Some of juice flavors are better than others. But I make 90 % of the liquid me and my friends use. I use flavor from Lorann and Capella. I definitely like to change things up often. I like the idea of the sabor touch, but I don't like the looks. I have also seen some utube reviews that indicates that the switch becomes unreliable and opening the cap voids the warranty.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Yeah...I knew the Saber takes the batts from the bottom and messing with the top cap is a no-no. I think (or thought) that the switch was guaranteed for 5 years and said to nearly last forever (but never having one or ever seeing one except on the net, I can neither confirm nor deny any of that).

Asked my co-worker about your brothers band, but he was clueless. He is also like 23 so he may be a bit younger than your brother. I'm just assuming from things you have posted that you are closer to my age than his. If that's wrong..I'm sorry....not trying to age you or anything.

What About Bob

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Nebraska
It's easy to find his music on just a Google search. He is 28 and I am 36. But I have been accused of being older at heart.

I have heard the sabor's brass oxidation will inhibit the action but is only a partial problem if the body is painted. This of course just second hand opinions. I don't own one. I do like the idea of the touch switch and I hope they make a more stylish model.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Didn't like the look of the saber at first....but it has grown on me. I do like the tube type mods.

I'm sorry...I did indeed "age" you a bit....thought you might be closer to my 50..er..nearly 51. Still waiting for the wisdom that comes with my age I guess. Guess I was looking at your avatar and thought that was a pic. from your fourth of july party....my bad...lol.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
get in line...I'm the "old guy" on our crew but the young guys think I'm pretty cool (I think). I keep right there with them in the physical stuff, the long hours and the weeks and weeks of seven days a week. Listen to 89.7..the river..with them all day and that is my music..along with classic rock and others. When we're out of town for work I keep up with them beverage for beverage. About the only thing they have on me is that they keep longer hours at nite.

s.richards1978

Sep 12, 2011
Nebraska
Hey guys,

Pretty new to vaping, and was beginning to suspect I might be the only one in NE!

Good to hear that there are a few of us around!

I currently use an Ego-T, 1000Mah model, with a CE2 bombtank when I'm home, and the regular
tank carts when i'm out and around.

I can't believe how little access we have to decent gear locally... Would have thought the local
smoke/head shops would have been all over an emerging industry?

Just started to get interested in mixing my own juice, and flavors besides just tobacco, so I would be very interested in any
suggestions or hand-me-downs that you may have related to this.

Would be happy to pay for shipping, or pick-up of course.

Glad to know I'm not alone here!

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Hey guys,

Pretty new to vaping, and was beginning to suspect I might be the only one in NE!

I currently use an Ego-T, 1000Mah model, with a CE2 bombtank when I'm home, and the regular

I can't believe how little access we have to decent gear locally... Would have thought the local

Just started to get interested in mixing my own juice, and flavors besides just tobacco, so I would be very interested in any

Hey s....glad to meet you...wow..our little ne. Forum is going crazy. Bob does some DIY..and Matt with arcane is doing liquid and more so the Outlook for papers locally is getting better.

What About Bob

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Nebraska
Hey guys,

Glad to have you around. I have been mixing my own juice for a couple of years now. I would say to research ECF because there is a ton of knowledge just waiting for you. I have found that diy mixing can be just as expensive as ordering from a website. It is very fun and it is nice to never worry about running low. But there is a trial and error phase where you will find that many flavors taste horrible and you are stuck with that bottle forever. Start with small batches as tests, then buy bigger only after you know that you like it. Keep good records. I have friends that have different taste and 10% flavor can be very different from 20%. Also, you don't want to mix a batch that six months ago everyone hated. Make sure to use the appropriate safety measures. Get some atties to drip with. They work way better at taste testing then carts. One atty can be flushed and reused right away. Good luck in the diy world.

s.richards1978

Sep 12, 2011
Nebraska
Glad to have you around. I have been mixing my own juice for a couple of years now. I would say to research ECF because there is a ton of knowledge just waiting for you. I have found that diy mixing can be just as expensive as ordering from a website. It is very fun and it is nice to never worry about running low. But there is a trial and error phase where you will find that many flavors taste horrible and you are stuck with that bottle forever. Start with small batches as tests, then buy bigger only after you know that you like it. Keep good records. I have friends that have different taste and 10% flavor can be very different from 20%. Also, you don't want to mix a batch that six months ago everyone hated. Make sure to use the appropriate safety measures. Get some atties to drip with. They work way better at taste testing then carts. One atty can be flushed and reused right away. Good luck in the diy world.

Thank you for all the advise, I have been doing a LOT of reading here, and plan on doing all of what you have suggested.
Hopefully, I can avoid some mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread