Hey there! Introduction + requesting help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimyrat

Jan 16, 2021
Hey! I'm new to the forum!
I go by RAT, or Slimyrat online. Tell me a little about yourself and your experience with picking up vaping or transitioning from tobacco to e-cigarettes! Was it difficult? Are you happy with the progress you made? What are your future goals, whether it's saving up to buy a new shiny device, or quitting? I hope everyone's having a wonderful day.

To the question portion: (All help is appreciated, thank you)
I started vaping when I was nineteen. I vape 5% salt nicotine, and I probably go through well over 1900+ hits a day, which I'm not proud of. I made a stupid mistake when I was seventeen, and decided to hop on the vape bandwagon for the "cool tricks", thanks to a poor decision and my boyfriend at that time. When I was nineteen, I was introduced to salt nicotine and have since become extremely addicted. I mean... bad. I've done it all, from shoving saturated cotton from previously used pods into empty pods I had lying around, opening and cutting up puff bar cotton to put in any sort of pod device I have when out of nicotine (and money), to making and using tweaker wires to recharge disposable devices. I even used to keep all of my empty pods and take leftover cotton and repeatedly wipe the insides of pods down just to get enough nicotine to satisfy me for a few minutes. Purchasing pods was eating a major hole in my pocket, so since then, I've started purchasing refillable devices and salt nicotine online which in the long run has been cheaper for me. Now finally, with all this being said. I'm asking for advice on---- well, not quitting, as nicotine isn't something I'm willing to part with at the moment, but does anyone have any tips that they use to keep nicotine from controlling their life or taking over their entire life, personality, and mood, like it has, me-- to an extreme?
I'm currently stuck inside with all that's going on in the world, so I've been spending a lot of time playing video games, which has resulted in the hand to mouth need a lot more, even if I don't necessarily need the nicotine, the movement itself has become a bad habit for me. Does anyone else deal with the same thing or have a tip in regards to that?

PS:
Please excuse any spelling errors or grammatical errors, I'm currently running on four hours of sleep, and it's 4:20am PST!

Truckin Vaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2021
I go by RAT, or Slimyrat online. Tell me a little about yourself and your experience with picking up vaping or transitioning from tobacco to e-cigarettes! Was it difficult? Are you happy with the progress you made? What are your future goals, whether it's saving up to buy a new shiny device, or quitting? I hope everyone's having a wonderful day.

To the question portion: (All help is appreciated, thank you)
I started vaping when I was nineteen. I vape 5% salt nicotine, and I probably go through well over 1900+ hits a day, which I'm not proud of. I made a stupid mistake when I was seventeen, and decided to hop on the vape bandwagon for the "cool tricks", thanks to a poor decision and my boyfriend at that time. When I was nineteen, I was introduced to salt nicotine and have since become extremely addicted. I mean... bad. I've done it all, from shoving saturated cotton from previously used pods into empty pods I had lying around, opening and cutting up puff bar cotton to put in any sort of pod device I have when out of nicotine (and money), to making and using tweaker wires to recharge disposable devices. I even used to keep all of my empty pods and take leftover cotton and repeatedly wipe the insides of pods down just to get enough nicotine to satisfy me for a few minutes. Purchasing pods was eating a major hole in my pocket, so since then, I've started purchasing refillable devices and salt nicotine online which in the long run has been cheaper for me. Now finally, with all this being said. I'm asking for advice on---- well, not quitting, as nicotine isn't something I'm willing to part with at the moment, but does anyone have any tips that they use to keep nicotine from controlling their life or taking over their entire life, personality, and mood, like it has, me-- to an extreme?
I'm currently stuck inside with all that's going on in the world, so I've been spending a lot of time playing video games, which has resulted in the hand to mouth need a lot more, even if I don't necessarily need the nicotine, the movement itself has become a bad habit for me. Does anyone else deal with the same thing or have a tip in regards to that?

PS:
Please excuse any spelling errors or grammatical errors, I'm currently running on four hours of sleep, and it's 4:20am PST!
I started vaping to quit smoking. I used a mod and subohm tank with 6mg freebase nic. Made the move to Rda’s and got down to 3mg. I now use 25mg salt nic. I made the switch because I started vaping mouth to lung, mostly because I drive a truck for a living and was tired of cleaning my windows all the time from the big clouds. As for saving money I use a rta now with salt nic. The pods and disposables can be quite expensive.

Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I started vaping to quit cigs...if I wasn't smoking I would never start vaping...
But even if I did I would do zero nic....or my main goal would be to lower my nic as much as possible and reach even to zero nic and just vape a bit as a hobby....
I was very heavy smoker and started with 18mg freebase nic and lowered it slowly to 3mg after only 3months of vaping...
Yes every time I was lowering my nic was a bit hard the first 2days but I was commited...
With every addiction in life and I mean even chocolate or cafeine or drugs...it's mostly all in your head....and it's always bad for you...always..
Once u trully realise it's bad for you to have addiction to something only then u can try control it...
Even if it's not the most bad thing for your physical state still addictions of any kind mess with your life and take time that u could do meaningfull things...
I woke up one day and decided I am done with many of the addiction I had...and was many...it's like u see your self from.another prespective and u realise this is miserable to like like that...
I wanted to prove to myself I am stronger than this and it was hard ofc but I made it...
I only vape now and even simple things like coffee I do it rarely and in much less volume..
Most important thing is to find things to do....you are not really soooo addicted to nic physically as u think...it's mostly in your head believe it or not....if I made it to quit much more addictive substances then u can quit or lower alot your nic...
It's not cool to have addictions...
maybe when u are young looks cool like we all used to smoke few years back but it's not cool anymore...
it's actually a weakness of character...and I don't want to be weak anymore

There is no excuse to not lower your nic...really it's all in your head....

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
well, not quitting, as nicotine isn't something I'm willing to part with at the moment,
Don't have to. Suggest considering DIY mixing so you can control the type,amount and frequency of vaping. One shot flavors are for those interested in mixing their own and want to start out simple. One shot flavors (OS/Flavor Blends) are premixed flavors that are only designed to be used on their own and mixed with a base of Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin and Nicotine (at least one/two/all of the three).Say you use three flavors at 4%, 3% and 2.5%. The one-shot/concentrate is just an entire bottle of those three flavors in the correct ratio. One shot mixing is supposed to be close to the flavor promoted on the bottle. These mixes may allow some adjustment of the strength (percentage) of the mix. OS Mixing can be a good introductory to DIY. One shots and flavor blends are simply added per directions to the mixer's desired mixing base, Shake and Vape (SnV) or steep as directed.
Could read:
DIY E-juice Information | Tasty Puff
DIY or DIE One Shots
One Shot Concentrates
https://www.mtbakervapor.com/vape-juice/flavor-shots/
Your One Stop Shop for DIY Flavoring, Great Prices and Great Customer Service
Might wish to fill in your avatar location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your future question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name,click. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread