Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Painting a mental picture here ...
Someone sitting in a pub, wearing flip-flops, grungy jeans and an old sports jersey, drinking cheap drafts...
all while wondering why the Finest Female in the place will - not - even - look - his -way !
Live Cheap. Be Cheap.

And if there were such a person, would you really expect them to comprehend the principles of Supply and Demand ?
No :)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Anyways, back on topic...
HHV has survived Mrs. T's Bakery, Copper Creek, Mt. Baker, Ahlusions, etc, etc, etc.
e-liquid makers have come and went. Heather and Adam are still here. They helped organize industry standards. They have survived two Vapeageddons, a Cease and Desist from Warner Bros., inc. and still remain as a Vendor who provides top quality, spot-on flavors. Without calling them "gourmet".
If you want to actually taste true flavors, and enjoy quality vaping, Heather's is worth the try.
I would recommend trying 30ml bottles first. You could come back for the 100ml bottle later.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
for me to make a 100ml of juice would cost lets say $3 a most this is just at home

a company will buy ingredients in bulk taking that number down by a huge amount

mark up ==their cost verses cost to make and out goings ...basically Profit margin charging that price is taking the pee
Might could be .. however I tend to think you are totally missing and not factoring in their TIME + EFFORT in creating their recipes. These are not the same as a grab n go recipe off ELR, here or elsewhere.

As someone who does DIY you should already know that to develop a recipe from scratch requires much time and effort. So there is that...

Naturally if you go and pull recipes from ELR, here or elsewhere you really wouldn't know how long it takes to develop quality juice. It is not done in a day, a week, month etc...I can tell you it did not take Matt from Charlie Noble a day to make any of his recipes. So there is that...

Cheers :)

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Now, back on topic please - altho I think Coyote628 ran for the hills...

I see folks on here talking about heather's heavenly vapes. I went to their website and an now a bit intrigued. Anybody care to chime in on what makes these juices worth 31 bucks for a 100ml?

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Might could be .. however I tend to think you are totally missing and not factoring in their TIME + EFFORT in creating their recipes. These are not the same as a grab n go recipe off ELR, here or elsewhere.

As someone who does DIY you should already know that to develop a recipe from scratch requires much time and effort. So there is that...

Naturally if you go and pull recipes from ELR, here or elsewhere you really wouldn't know how long it takes to develop quality juice. It is not done in a day, a week, month etc...I can tell you it did not take Matt from Charlie Noble a day to make any of his recipes. So there is that...

Cheers :)

Let's not forget Licensing, Lease, Insurance, Staff, Equipment, Services (water, sewer, electricity, etc.) Taxes (Employers pay more), Materials, etc.....

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Let's not forget Licensing, Lease, Insurance, Staff, Equipment, Services (water, sewer, electricity, etc.) Taxes (Employers pay more), Materials, etc.....
Look at just about any business and materials make up only a pittance of the total cost.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Coyote still here. I do DIY myself and im pretty good at it too. Sometimes i just want something different. If i like something, ill either make it or buy it. I just noticed HHV prices are a tad bit on the high side but if the juice is quality, ill splurge. I wanted feedback and got it. Thanks all.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Coyote still here. I do DIY myself and im pretty good at it too. Sometimes i just want something different. If i like something, ill either make it or buy it. I just noticed HHV prices are a tad bit on the high side but if the juice is quality, ill splurge. I wanted feedback and got it. Thanks all.
I think for custom blended liquids they are on the cheap side. Either way, good luck!!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Best wishes on your adventure, Coyote.

I have not been an HHV customer as of yet, but from my many years of knowledge of them, I'd say they are an exceptional e-liquid maker and a fantastic vendor. I also don't see them as being terribly expensive as compared to other high-end e-liquid producers. (Think 5Pawns)

I'd think that free-market really does tell the whole story. They have some fabulous products and their loyal and long term customer base tells the story better than any post could tell. :)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Best wishes on your adventure, Coyote.

I have not been an HHV customer as of yet, but from my many years of knowledge of them, I'd say they are an exceptional e-liquid maker and a fantastic vendor. I also don't see them as being terribly expensive as compared to other high-end e-liquid producers. (Think 5Pawns)

I'd think that free-market really does tell the whole story. They have some fabulous products and their loyal and long term customer base tells the story better than any post could tell. :)

As usual, Kat steps in and makes some sense of it all....

(don't tell DP I said so)

Reactions: kkay59

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
What's the difference between a company making money on juices, to a company making iPhones? People pay a thousand bucks for a phone that probably costs 20 to make....I honestly dont get folks sometimes, probably the same people who say, I wouldn't pay more then 10 bucks for a tank, or who would pay over 30 for a mod, meanwhile they use to spend 20 bucks a day on smokes. .a 100ml bottle of hhv juice costs me like 25 bucks, because I do buy them in the sales, every holiday, and it lasts me a month at least, so that's 10x's cheaper then smokes....if I could make a net tobacco like them, I might, but I doubt very much I could replicate their profiles, plus it would take to much of my time, which is valuable. Now if I vaped fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA, or strawberry monster creme, or blueberry rainbow unicorn, I'm pretty sure i could come close and it would be pretty easy to do, but net tobacco's are alot tougher to replicate imo.....hhv rocks

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
As usual, Kat steps in and makes some sense of it all....

(don't tell DP I said so)

sealed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread