Hi + a Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutzo

Jan 17, 2012
Australia
Hi All

Been vaping for three months and this forum has been a great help.

Thanks guys and girls.:toast:

Started with eGo t but soon found the tank a pain.

Then moved on to a SB and XL Dual Coil LR Cartomizers 1.5 ohm and Boge LR Cartomizers :vapor: much happier.
Also an EPM Tank System and a carto tank.

Was looking at a 5v Passthrough because I had a battery melt down ( yes it does happen ) but was my own fault. New exspensive batteries and a good battery charge on there way as I type. Thankfully I still have my eGo batteries.

I also have the 123a 3v batteries for my SB so I could try 6v vaping.

Now the Question.

What Cartomizers do you use with 5V and 6 V ohm wise.

I put the two 123a batteries in and a regular soft-tip 510 cartomizer, made by Bogetech ( should be 3 ohms according
to another supplier ) and it died in about 1 minute. Tried a 2.6 to 2.8 Inner for EPM Tank and it died in a couple of minutes.

I'm in Australia so off to bed an will be back in 8 hours. Hopefully you guys and girls will have an answer for me.

Cheers and good night.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
As you raise voltage or lower resistance, wattage goes up. Atomizer/cartomizer heating coils are like toaster filaments that are wetted with juice. Too much voltage for the resistance of the coil and you can pop them in short order.

I'd go out an purchase and inexpensive volt-ohm-meter to check the resistance of your attys before using them. I'm thinking that you were sent some cartos that were lower in resistance than 3.0 ohms. It's like installing a 3v flashlight bulb in a 4 cell flashlight. You get really bright light for a few seconds ... and then nothing.

Harbor Freight, Northern Tools, Sears, Lowes, and Home Depot all sell voltmeters for under $30 that will do a good job for you. If you've never used one, Google how to use a voltmeter and you will find articles and videos. You might also want to read up on Ohms Law and how it relates to current, voltage, and resistance.

Here's a good calculator for Ohm's Law. Put in a voltage and try various resistances to see how wattage is affected. You can enter any two parameters and see the result.

http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread