Hi All, chronic congestion and throat clearing 4months after quitting smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuchu

Mar 16, 2020
Hi all, new to this, first time on any forum, .i have.chronic nasal congestion and throat clearing 4 months after quitting smoking, has anyone got any similar problems, and does it get better. I gave up 10months ago, please help doesn't seem to be getting better, feels like head cold , inflammation, one eye also seem to have conjunctivitis, just feels strange.
Ent said allergies ,but can quitting set of a imflamotory reaction ???

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi all, new to this, first time on any forum, .i have.chronic nasal congestion and throat clearing 4 months after quitting smoking, has anyone got any similar problems, and does it get better. I gave up 10months ago, please help doesn't seem to be getting better, feels like head cold , inflammation, one eye also seem to have conjunctivitis, just feels strange.
Ent said allergies ,but can quitting set of a imflamotory reaction ???

Hi and welcome,
Congrats on giving up the cigarettes!

Which e-cigarette device/POD/mod are you using?
Which juice brand(s), flavor(s), PG/VG ratio(s) and nicotine level(s) are you using?
How long did you smoke and how many per day?
Where are you located?

Allergies and sensitivities are not static and can change over time.
Quitting smoking is a huge change for our overall body chemistry.
Perhaps take an anti-histamine to see if it decreases some of your symptoms.

HTH
I

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Yuchu, there's lots of factors to consider.

But what liquid/juice are you using? Flavours and sweeteners are additives and it is possible to be sensitive to certain ones, so you could try unflavoured.

Also PG (Propylene Glycol) is classified as an irritant, so try upping the VG ( Vegetable Glycerine) content. It is possible to use VG diluted with 20% Distilled Water, but of course add Nicotine first.

Devices and Atomisers also have an effect as well, could you please tell us what you're using at the moment?

Most of us use devices/mods with variable output so that we can adjust the experience on the fly to our liking, some like myself use TC (Temperature Coefficient/Temperature Control) to refine things even more.

I think that's enough for the moment, and please feel free to ask any questions that you may have. And please work with your healthcare provider.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
can quitting set of a inflammatory reaction
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
9 Side Effects from Vaping and their Possible Remedies - Vaping360
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
re: "Smoking cessation and autoimmune diseases
There is a statistical correlation between smoking cessation and onset of some autoimmune diseases (see list here)."

Two classes of conditions implicated are thyroid and bowel disease. There may be some connection between smoking / non-smoking, or smoking cessation, and endocrine issues or onset of inflammatory diseases."
As for smoking the same can be true, not everyone should be vaping. Suggest you see a medical doctor.

Might wish to fill in your avatar location(city & country)*, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your future question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name,click. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...
*general part of the world works regarding your countries vaping laws.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
9 Side Effects from Vaping and their Possible Remedies - Vaping360
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
re: "Smoking cessation and autoimmune diseases
There is a statistical correlation between smoking cessation and onset of some autoimmune diseases (see list here)."

Two classes of conditions implicated are thyroid and bowel disease. There may be some connection between smoking / non-smoking, or smoking cessation, and endocrine issues or onset of inflammatory diseases."
As for smoking the same can be true, not everyone should be vaping. Suggest you see a medical doctor.

Might wish to fill in your avatar location(city & country)*, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your future question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name,click. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...
*general part of the world works regarding your countries vaping laws.
Maybe another hit and run troll to.

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
nawww... he came here looking for an answer that would confirm his hypothesis, since we didnt give him direct proof he left in search of better and more willing participants in his quest for an answer :)
I try to help people, but getting really tired of these newbie posts. I have "purple spots:, "rubber teeth"... not going to waste my time and effort anymore. DONE.

• Winner
Reactions: UncLeJunkLe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread