Hi all! New Vaper Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterQuinn

Aug 18, 2015
Hey guys, so I'm a new vaper. I began exactly a week ago, saw a good old friend I hadn't seen in a couple of months and he was using an Aspire CF Sub, and began asking all sorts of questions. Before I knew it I had bought a Joytech eVic-VT Starter Kit at a local smoke shop, and it actually was a pretty rough start, being used to normal cigarettes, I kind of wasn't used to my first pull, I think I ended up coughing for the first couple of pulls, haha. I also, kept over tightening my tank, and my friend eventually told me not to do that, and that it was unnecessary to tighten my tank all the way. I actually ended up having to replace my tank by the second day because I couldn't open it, the local smoke shop, gave me a free replacement tank at no cost, so that was pretty nice of them. Currently using 3mg nic juices, as I wasn't a heavy smoker prior to vaping, but now I can't really stand the smell or taste of normal cigarettes.

So, I guess, I'd like to know how everyone's first experience was, and what device you started on.

So glad I began vaping. :)

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I started with a very horrible markten that I got with some coupons they sent me and I bought a better setup and then another and another and another... But I did lose my taste for cigs immediately. Like by day 2. I just couldn't do it anymore. I went from 18mg to three now and I'm feeling great so yeah it works. And I got 4 people to switch with me!

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Welcome!

No worries because I am sure you didn't cough as much as I did nor did you do something as stupid as I did..... I was a heavy smoker and so I figured I would get the strongest e juice I could get my hands on so I ordered a 36MG e juice that was also 70% PG..... On my first toke I took the biggest inhale that I could..... Now let me tell you, it blew me up like a balloon and I gagged and coughed for about 10 minutes. Then I got dizzy and started walking sideways from the massive nicotine rush. I'll never do that stunt again :)

VaporPuffs

Unresolved Status
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

WinterQuinn

Aug 18, 2015
    Welcome!

No worries because I am sure you didn't cough as much as I did nor did you do something as stupid as I did..... I was a heavy smoker and so I figured I would get the strongest e juice I could get my hands on so I ordered a 36MG e juice that was also 70% PG..... On my first toke I took the biggest inhale that I could..... Now let me tell you, it blew me up like a balloon and I gagged and coughed for about 10 minutes. Then I got dizzy and started walking sideways from the massive nicotine rush. I'll never do that stunt again :)

Haha, wow! I guess my start wasn't as bad as I thought. Good to hear you won't be doing that again.

And thanks guys, glad to be here. :)

Tony80

ECF Veteran
    Aug 16, 2015
    First start (intro) was a Blu disposable...meh, it was better than cigs, but didn't last....back to cigs. Few months later got an Ego passthrough, and stayed off cigs for several months. One day it died, and a couple days later...smoking again. About 5 months ago, bought 2 vision spinners, and a handful of different tanks with replacable atomizers. Tried a cig about two weeks in, and about vomited - knew that was the point of No more smoking in my future.

WinterQuinn

Aug 18, 2015
    First start (intro) was a Blu disposable...meh, it was better than cigs, but didn't last....back to cigs. Few months later got an Ego passthrough, and stayed off cigs for several months. One day it died, and a couple days later...smoking again. About 5 months ago, bought 2 vision spinners, and a handful of different tanks with replacable atomizers. Tried a cig about two weeks in, and about vomited - knew that was the point of No more smoking in my future.

I've seen those Blu disposables at gas stations, and other brands. Never tried them since a friend of mine said they were pretty much crap, so I continued with normal cigs until I saw that friend of mines with an Aspire CF Sub, and he said if he had the money for the Joytech eVic-VT, he would def try it out. So I went with that, haha. Good to hear there is no more smoking in your future. :thumb:

I've already ordered a couple of new tanks and new flavors from online vendors, now if it could get here quicker, haha! :)

Reactions: Diver9543

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    My first e-cig was a disposable N-Joy from the convenience store. It wasn't great, but also wasn't that bad. It provoked me to do some online research and I found this wonderful forum.

My first starter kit was from SmokelessImage, a cigalike. They got me off of cigarettes, but I quickly grew tired of the poor battery life of cigalikes. I no longer was concerned about what my e-cigarette looked like, and wanted better overall performance. I did more research, primarily here on ECF and YouTube.

I ended up getting a mechanical mod (Altsmoke Silver Bullet) and bought my first cartotank. Such a great improvement! A couple of months later I purchased my first regulated mod (Provari), also a marked improvement.

Three years later and I'm still using the same reliable mods, but I've upped my game in juice delivery devices by using rebuildable atomizers exclusively. I decided to share my knowledge and experience by writing these blogs:

Advancing Up The Vaping Ladder from Cigalikes to Ego's & Mods

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner

Guide to Juice Delivery Devices

Thayamax

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 7, 2013
    Southeast Michigan
    Welcome to ECF!

I started off with a KR808 and cartomizers. I don't remember coughing, but there wasn't that much vapor to make me cough. I thought it was great even though, looking back, the tobacco flavors I had were pretty gross. I lasted 1 week without smoking before I gave it up.

My next attempt a couple of years later was with an eGo and a clearomizer. It was better, but still didn't last long.

Fast forward another couple of years and I got serious with a Sigelei Zmax and a ProTank. It still took me 4 months (and a cigalike to use at work) to give up smoking and vape exclusively. But here I am over 2 years later and still going strong.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2011
    Portland, ME
    Welcome!

I started years and years ago with a not-inexpensive but cheaply made smoke shop e-cig, I don't even remember the brand. It was so bad I nearly gave up but then I got a Volcano Magma (a Joye 510 cigalike clone) which was so much better. I consider that my first "real" e-cig. A couple of months later I got an eGo, which were still pretty new and awesome at the time. A couple of months after that I got a Provari which is still working... it was really after the Provari that I "never looked back."

WinterQuinn

Aug 18, 2015
    @Baditude Glad your sharing your knowledge and experience. :thumb: For me, I didn't actually mind the look of mods, some I thought looked pretty nice or badass lol.

@thayamax Oh man, that's really good. Good to hear your still going strong. :)

@ddirtyvapes Those Provari look really nice, especially the Titanium Stealth Military Edition one. But, I honestly don't think I'd be happy with the wattage on that, since I'm already looking at bigger box mods lol! But def looks well made. :)

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2011
    Portland, ME
    @Baditude
    Those Provari look really nice, especially the Titanium Stealth Military Edition one. But, I honestly don't think I'd be happy with the wattage on that, since I'm already looking at bigger box mods lol! But def looks well made. :)

No, you're quite right :) I've been vaping for six years now. Back when I got my Provari it was still the new, big thing. My feelings remain the same on them: it's a solid, very well made mod that "just works" and is backed up by a stellar customer service and repair team but they haven't necessarily done themselves any favors of late choosing not to offer a few more watts for the price. It would be a lot different if the P3 were even a 40W device, IMO. Of course, that's not high enough for some people and plenty others are content to stay under the 20W provided by the most recent version. However, I haven't actually purchased one since my first (in 2011 I think?) for the same reasons you just stated, basically. Not to mention mine still works just fine! It's a great device for me to have now as a backup in emergencies since I think it will last forever, even if it's not capable of doing what I really like anymore. It OK with the 1.2 Kanger Subtank heads and actually works GREAT with the RBA deck in the Mini built to the right resistance, but it's an old Provari so it tapers to 18.5mm and the mini looks funny on it but I can't rebuild on the nano sooooooooo....

Anyway, the EVic is a great device. Do you have any idea if they fixed the sub-30W issue or do you tend to run above that anyway? What are you looking at now?

Reactions: WinterQuinn

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Hello and welcome to ECF. I started with an eGo kit and didn't have the proper nic level so never got off the cigs. Flash forward a year and a half and I tried the Blu system. I cut down on the cigs but still didn't give the up. My birthday was coming up and I was sick of cigs but didn't know what to do. I went to a local B&M and sat down and talked with one of the guys I felt I could be honest with and laid it all on the line. He hooked me up with a good mod with a reliable tank and the proper level of nic for me. I still have the VTR and Nautilus Mini. I have allowed Shinyitus to overtake my life and don't regret anything that I have bought. I figure I will pass on some of the gear that I have and no longer use. I quit the cigs on my birthday and am now enjoying making my own juice and searching for flavors. I have a few drippers that are great for flavor and backups for backups. One bit of advice I will pass on to you - Do whatever it takes for you to put down the analogs. Keep on vaping.
    Jerry

Reactions: WinterQuinn
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread