Hi everyone just back and something to share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy B

Jan 20, 2017
So back in April of 2018 I joined this forum. I was trying to get some knowledge on vaping, in an attempt to help me to quit smoking.
Long story short, I want to thank everyone who helped me out. I am happy to say that when I went on the porch the morning of April 16, 2018 I smoked what turned out to be my last cigarette. After 31 years of a PAD or more. Also I went cold turkey aside from zero nic vape.
At the time I wasn’t sure I could do it. So I would encourage ANYONE on here who is trying to quit analogs...DO IT. It will NOT be easy. But I am living proof that anyone can do it. And I’ll be glad to lend my advice and story to anyone that needs help.
Once again, I don’t get on here much. I am pretty busy, but I felt like checking in, and saying thanks to all of you guys you gave me encouragement during those first days and weeks that we’re sooooo hard. Seems like more than 14 months. I never thought I’d get over the urge, that the rest of my life would be a miserable time of constant cravings. Not even close. One of the best decisions I’ve ever made. First three weeks were hell but if you can make that, you got it. Thanks again!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So back in April of 2018 I joined this forum. I was trying to get some knowledge on vaping, in an attempt to help me to quit smoking.
Long story short, I want to thank everyone who helped me out. I am happy to say that when I went on the porch the morning of April 16, 2018 I smoked what turned out to be my last cigarette. After 31 years of a PAD or more. Also I went cold turkey aside from zero nic vape.
At the time I wasn’t sure I could do it. So I would encourage ANYONE on here who is trying to quit analogs...DO IT. It will NOT be easy. But I am living proof that anyone can do it. And I’ll be glad to lend my advice and story to anyone that needs help.
Once again, I don’t get on here much. I am pretty busy, but I felt like checking in, and saying thanks to all of you guys you gave me encouragement during those first days and weeks that we’re sooooo hard. Seems like more than 14 months. I never thought I’d get over the urge, that the rest of my life would be a miserable time of constant cravings. Not even close. One of the best decisions I’ve ever made. First three weeks were hell but if you can make that, you got it. Thanks again!

Nice to hear of your success!!!
Thank you for allowing us to help you save your life.

Personally, that is my primary reason for being here.
ECF helped me to help myself and I want/need to repay that life saving favor.

I am and will forever be, grateful for the assistance I received from ECF and the amazing folks that reached out and offered encouragement and support during my struggles to break away from cigarettes.

I could not have done it without the community. Nope, never, nada, no freakin way... Not without ECF. :wub::wub::wub:

Congratulations!

Cheers
I

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Congrats, Bill B. I quit smoking after about 9 months of dual use. Vaping was taking away most of the smokes, but I still smoked after meals and first thing in the AM with coffee. In the first month or so I realized that my 2PAD cigarette habit had become about 6 cigs a day. I did that for about 9 months and finally finished the last pack and never bought another.

For anyone who's trying to quit the smokes and having problems, high nic juice may be the cure. There's no shame in continuing to smoke while you are getting used to vaping. Over time, your cigarette use will drop as you find the right juice and nic level. 24mg juice helped me to quit. Once I smoked my last cigarette I vaped at 24mg and eventually started tapering down.

I've been at 3mg nic strength for many years and smoked my last cig in early 2011.

Last edited:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Congrats!

giphy.gif

Sent from my Bloody Booger Phone (model Yummi07)

Using DugTooDeepAgainTalk (Beta)

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread