Hi everyone, new to vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeVap0r

Jul 4, 2014
FIN
I'm fairly new to the vaping scene and excited to learn more.
I bought my first ecig from my friend and it has worked fine but I'm looking for a new one.
(Not sure which model it is, it reads TruVape on the battery and clearomizer).

I've been reading the forums and searched different models but as a newbie, I decided to ask help to pick a good one.

This is something I found: gecigarette.co (.) uk/510-complete-kit and would like to know is it good?
Had to separate the dot cuz not allowed to post links?:confused:

Or do you suggest something else for me?:unsure:
Thanks!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I looked over that website, and I'm sorry to say that all of their e-cig stuff is off-brand gear. Once they have been vaping for several months, experienced vapers learn that some brands are much better than others. I've never heard of any of the brands offered by Gecigarette. At best, what they sell is re-branded generic gear. I suggest not buying that and purchase brand name items known to be of better quality. You'll be glad that you did in the long run. There's a lot of cheap crappy gear being sold being that this is a relatively new technology. Stick to reputable brands and your experience will be less frustrating.

Being from across the big pond, I'm not aware of which online stores are available to you. Perhaps this forum will help - National Forums However, for batteries look for manufacturer's names like Vision eGo Spinner or Joytech eGo Twist. These are tried & true products. For the e-juice attachments, look for manufacturer names like Aspire, Innokin, Kanger, and Vison. Below is an ideal starter setup:

Good Starter Setup for a Beginner Vaper

Guide to Juice Attachments

I suggest avoiding the cigarette-size batteries (cigalikes) like you linked to, and going at minimum with eGo-style batteries. These are more cigar-size, but will perform much more to your expectations to replace real cigarettes. You can't expect a cigarette-size battery to perform like the real thing. With e-cigarettes, the bigger the battery the better the performance. (BTW, eGo is not a brand, but a class of battery.) Look for something like this: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

vivinovamini-twist.jpg spinnerProtank.jpg

Last edited:

BlazeVap0r

Jul 4, 2014
FIN
Thanks for the reply Baditude, that's good information.

I looked the link you attached and the website but as it turns out they only ship in US and I live in Northern Europe so I need a new reliable store, which is what I've heard the UK stores are somewhat good to order from.

So if anyone got good stores that ship to EU I'd like to hear them.
Other than that I keep looking for items that are under the brand names that you listed.

LondonGirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
London, UK
Once you've got your 5 posts in the new members' forum, you'll be able to post in other areas of the site, and also post links. You might get a good recommendation on a vendor in the Europe forum here: Europe Forum

I would recommend seeking the brands Baditude has suggested, and search for starter kits in those brands. The Kanger Evod starter kit is a good one in my opinion.

Of the UK vendors I normally use, myepack do not advertise that they ship beyond the UK, shoptostop are not shipping anything until 15th July, and liberty flights website appears to be down! But it may be worth contacting those companies to ask if they would send to you in Finland. However, a more local vendor may work out cheaper on postage. Make sure you are clear on the law of importing e-cigarette products, and the best way to get your purchases through customs. It looks as though there may be some restrictions.

So, to build up your posts:
How is the vaping going at the moment? Are you using a cig-a-like?
Are you giving up smoking? How is it going?

Lword920

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
Once you've got your 5 posts in the new members' forum, you'll be able to post in other areas of the site, and also post links. You might get a good recommendation on a vendor in the Europe forum here: Europe Forum

I would recommend seeking the brands Baditude has suggested, and search for starter kits in those brands. The Kanger Evod starter kit is a good one in my opinion.

Of the UK vendors I normally use, myepack do not advertise that they ship beyond the UK, shoptostop are not shipping anything until 15th July, and liberty flights website appears to be down! But it may be worth contacting those companies to ask if they would send to you in Finland. However, a more local vendor may work out cheaper on postage. Make sure you are clear on the law of importing e-cigarette products, and the best way to get your purchases through customs. It looks as though there may be some restrictions.

So, to build up your posts:
How is the vaping going at the moment? Are you using a cig-a-like?
Are you giving up smoking? How is it going?

Unfortunately Myepack don't ship outside of the UK - I rang them to ask a couple of months ago :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread