I'm new to vaping, what is best cartomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India
I'm not sure I'm ready for using wire to replace the parts however I am interested in rebuildable, The only thing I snowing where to get the specific parts for a specific model from, Also I was really thinking about getting a more premium one like the pro tanks? Cheers

Protanks are good. They're bottom coil and I just love bottom coil. In the beginning, you may feel the difference like .. "not that warm" vape and a little lesser flavor but with time, you will get habitual.

To be honest, there are so many things when it comes to vaping, nobody can tell you everything right in the beginning. So you really need to read stuff and watch Youtube videos. Search on youtube .. Protank review, protank rebuilding, etc. Same goes for CE5 or T3 or any other cartomizer. I've learned so much from Youtube that it would've been very tough to do things on my own :)

Donimater2

Dec 13, 2013
Manchester
Protanks are good. They're bottom coil and I just love bottom coil. In the beginning, you may feel the difference like .. "not that warm" vape and a little lesser flavor but with time, you will get habitual.

To be honest, there are so many things when it comes to vaping, nobody can tell you everything right in the beginning. So you really need to read stuff and watch Youtube videos. Search on youtube .. Protank review, protank rebuilding, etc. Same goes for CE5 or T3 or any other cartomizer. I've learned so much from Youtube that it would've been very tough to do things on my own :)
Thank you so much for your help, i have ordered a pro tank 3 and it should arrive tommorow!

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India
One last thing, please can you recommend a flavour from here, E-Liquids Silver Label
Thanks

When we talk of eLiquids, these things should be considered:

1) VG/PG and if it is mix, ratio of VG/PG.
2) Nicotine strength.
3) Throat hit.
4) Flavor.

Since you are already vaping PG, I'd say go for 70 PG / 30 VG mixture .. one gives better throat hit (TH) and the other gives better vapor clouds. But of course, depends if the shop/store allows customizing ratios. The store link you gave me, doesn't allow customizing ratio, so don't worry about that.

Nicotine strength is again the same thing (in terms of throathit and satisfaction), you know what is best for you. I wouldn't recommend anything above 18 mg strength.

Throat hit - When we smoke stinkies, we get a certain type of throathit (a certain type of sensation in the throat). So yeah, more PG will help with throathit. Again, depends upon the store if they allow customizing liquid ratio.

Flavor - No explanation required. But out of my experience, don't add extra flavoring even if the store allows adding extra flavor.

The first thing I tried to find out on that link, VG/PG ratio. If I were to choose one, I'd stick with either Tobacco or RY4. You can clearly tell how popular is RY4 by the number of reviews. I wouldn't trust just the reviews on merchant's website, but also read member reviews here on the forum in the eLiquid section. RY4 is a pretty common flavor that most stores offer. So my choices would be (in the order) ...

RY 4 - E-Liquids Silver Label
Tobacco - E-Liquids Silver Label

Hope that helps ya :)

Last edited:

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India
I'd you can get a dual coil cartomizer tank, or a DCT you should be okay. But better then that word be a protank 2.

I have 3 DCT but the only thing I forgot to buy is a drill to punch more holes. My thick eLiquids just won't go through that single hole :(
I'll buy a small sized drill and drill bit soon because I wish to use my DCTs.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Trust me on this, you will have no luck trying to "drill" holes in a cartomizer! Go to Lowes or HD and get a self piercing saddle valve to punch the holes. Then get a decent tank, the SmokTech DCT is scraping the bottom of the barrel. The holes in the end caps are to small (tight around the carto) which makes them use an inadequate o-ring.

4001_3w.jpg

For the OP:
    The best carto or clearo ever made is the one that YOU like the best. I can only tell you which one I like, BUT that doesn't mean that you will.
    I use 3 ohm Boge cartos at about 4.5v on my VV APV, and 1.7 ohm Smoke shorty cartos on my bottom fed PV.

Last edited:
    Not sure about any links for the U.K because I'm trapped in the cultural igloo known as Canada. Although after many shattered and eliquid wasting tanks I've learned to by nothing plastic. Hard plastec shatters just from screwing too many times and soft plastic warps and leaks quite often. I've had friends who have fears of shattering the glass tank, but I find its much easier to fatally damage the plastic pieces. I know I needed something reliable if I was going to seriously quit smoking and anything but glass kept failing on me, then I in turn fail on my goal of health

rhean

ECF Veteran
    Jul 10, 2013
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Hi! Protank is a good tank. Do order at least a pack of extra heads to go with it, then just use it. Don't worry about dry burning, rebuilding, etc., until you are comfortable with your device. One good thing about using a popular tank (Aspire, Protank, etc.) is that there is an abundance of info online. Youtube is a good place to start.

dice57

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2013
    Mount Vernon, Wa
    Never thought I'd want to get into rba's either. But than the search for the great Vape grabbed me, before you know it I'm wrapping coils, boiling cotton and hemp, and even mixing my own juices. Fair warning though, once down the rba path you go, forever will it influence your vape!!

I never explored cartomizers, felt they were to much like the cig-a-like carts, and kind of old tech. But many claim they are great. I got into bcc atomizers then ventured into rba's. and now there is now going back. The Aspire BDC would be a decent atomizer to get, great vape, changeable heads, low maintenance.

The Ibtanked is a popular cartomizer tank, but can neither confirm or deny this. The Russian, Kayfun, Aqua, Tailfun, Rose, and flashi are all fantastic rba's. There are some great rda's also, but not into dripping, like having tanks of juice, not a bottle with an eye dropper. Look what's available, go with what looks good to you. Lots to choose from. Good luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread