Hi everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domba

Nov 5, 2018
Hi everyone. I have interesting question, and sorry if my english is bad :)

I have smok Magneto 3 mehanical mod, and i attached Cloud beast King (tank) on it. Which i bought recently. Battery inside my magneto 3 currently is 18350 1500mAh 3.7V. I also have 18650 3200mAh 3.7V battery. So my question is. Does this tank fit on my mehanical mod because i'm not familiar with this? I tried to find the answer on the internet but i canot find it, and i'm afraid to use it cause something could go wrong and i could harm myself.
smok.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Howdy and welcome :)

The only thing important in the connection is the 510 screw connector. If both the atty and the mod has them everything fits. I notice your atty is a good bit wider than your mod, but that is only an aesthetic problem, and only if you think it is. I’ve seen people attach 30mm atomizers to cigalike battery’s as a joke. They look like gigantic baby rattles but they work just fine.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
First, using a tank with drop in coils on a mech is a bad idea. The failure rate of drop in like Smok is relatively high, and a short on a mech is a very bad thing. Second, what kind of batteries are you using? 3.7V 1500 mAh doesn't mean anything. You need to know the CDR Amp rating, and an accurate one, not an inflated value printed on some rewrap batteries. That's vital to make informed safe mech use suggestions.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Oh boy
❌ Mech with Smok Tank
❌ 0.15 ohm coils (from what I can see online)
❌ 10A CDR battery (the 'good' one)
✅ Asking questions about safety

Please don't put batteries in that. Please don't push the button.

Here's the calculation on amp draw using that 'good' battery:
boom.png

Edit: didn't see you wrote they were 0.12 ohm coils

boom.png

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
The .12Ω coil will pull 33 amps from a fully charged 4.0V battery.
se.JPG

Please DO NOT use that tank/coil on an 18650 based mech.

Ohm's law | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

I don't think the 18350 is of much use for anything but a flashlight. I would recycle it ASAP just so I wasn't tempted to try to use it.

In general, drop in coil tanks are not suggested to be used on mech mods.
The Smok tank is designed to be used on a regulated device.

I try to stay under 80% of the batteries amp limit when building/using a mech device.

Be safe
I

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thats what i'm looking for. Someone with knowledge about this :)
Thank you very much guys, and seriously do you have any recommendations what tank should i get for my mech and what mod for cloud beast king tank?

Where are you located?
What is your budget?
Are you vaping to quit smoking or are you a hobby vaper?

Cheers
I

Reactions: Eskie

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Thats what i'm looking for. Someone with knowledge about this :)
Thank you very much guys, and seriously do you have any recommendations what tank should i get for my mech and what mod for cloud beast king tank?

1) You need a double battery mod capable of 100W+ to use that tank properly.

2) Take that $20 garbage mech mod and throw it at someone you dislike (preferably whoever sold you it or told you it was a good idea to use it)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'm from Croatia. I think that budget is not a big problem.
I wanna vape cause i'm trying to quit smoking.
I bought long time ago some cheap garbage e-cig which my sister broke and i threw it in the garbage..
Oh! now the hunt begins.
I am a bottom feeder (squonker) and do not use drop in coil tanks. As you progress, you may find re buildable devices more to your liking. But there is plenty of time for that later.

Start here: VV/VW APV Discussion
Many of us will suggest anything but SMOK, however you must make your own decisions.
I would suggest a dual 18650 based device if you plan to use that tank. (as pointed out by @dom qp )

How long did you smoke and how many per day?

My preferred battery vendor: NKON | eu.nkon.nl
Cheers
I

• Informative
Reactions: Domba

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'm 27 now and i'm smoking since about my 16. I could say that i smoke a pack of cigarettes per day... :/
In your place, I would be looking for two devices/kits.
Back ups keep you from falling back to cigarettes.
Nicotine content in the 3mg/ml - 9mg/ml range should be enough to keep the nicotine monkey calm.
Do you have a vape store nearby you can visit?

Cheers
I

Domba

Nov 5, 2018
In your place, I would be looking for two devices/kits.
Back ups keep you from falling back to cigarettes.
Nicotine content in the 3mg/ml - 9mg/ml range should be enough to keep the nicotine monkey calm.
Do you have a vape store nearby you can visit?

Cheers
I

Yes I do. I'll try to infrom myself a little bit more and try to stick to these suggestions..
Thank you very much my guy :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree that a clearomizer tank (like the SMOK) should not be used on a mechanical mod. The rationale is that drop in coils have a relatively high rate of shorted coils or dud coils which would be dangerous if used on a mech which has no protection circuitry. With mechs, the only tanks that should be used are RBA's (rebuildable atomizers), and you would need to learn how to make your own coils and wicks. That's pretty advanced territory for someone brand new to vaping.

I won't go so far as to suggest that a 18350 battery is useless for vaping, but considering that their smaller size means low amps and low mAh (battery specifications), you'd be much better off going with a larger battery like an 18650 and have more options concerning amp ratings and mah ratings. Please read:

As your first vape setup, I recommend you get a variable wattage regulated mod which will have electronic protection circuitry, probably one with two batteries to be able to use your SMOK tank. The coils it uses requires high wattage settings. I got to say that I am not a big fan of SMOK. I could go into more detail why, and what I would recommend instead.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Please humor me and explain why you all are not fans of SMOK and what do you recommend?
Some recommendations are in this link. Those are by no means the only mods or tanks recommended, just no SMOK. Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

SMOK has a longstanding reputation for questionable build quality and quality control. They excel in innovative style, marketing techniques, and widespread availability, but the quality of the product is questionable. You might be lucky and get something SMOK that works and lasts, but chances are equally good that you won't. I'm not alone with my bias against SMOK.

Would you guys consider this a good kit?
What do you guys think of this mod?
208 Smok Reviews and Complaints @ ...... Consumer
Smok

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread