Any magneto mech mod users that wanna help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toucandan229

Dec 11, 2014
South GA, USA
So I figured it was time I made the conversion from a vv device to a mech mod. Like most other vapers I started to do my research and discovered the smoktech magneto. After several hours of research I narrowed down my lineup and chose the magneto. How do you guys feel about this mech mod? Will it last? And have they fixed the misfire issues completely with the adjustable center pin? And one more question. Has anyone used this mod with an aspire atlantis? I was considering ordering it with the magneto paired with a efest imr 18350 i already have to make a stealth, easy maintainence "cloud chaser" if you will. The batteries come off charge with a 4.1v charge so i would assumed they would work like a dream with that sub ohm atty and simple mech mod

Thanks for your time,
Daniel

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Nah, you're not gonna wanna go sub-ohm with an 18350 (as other users said).

I have a Magneto (it was my first mech mod, bought it about a year and some months ago). I still keep it around for posterity, but with my boxes, it doesn't get much use anymore. I'm not sure what issues you're talking about (misfiring), I never experienced that. As long as the battery is snug/pins are properly adjusted, my Magneto fired more consistently than ANY other device I've used.

Also, you're probably talking about the Magneto 2, which I have no experience in, but seems like it's virtually the exact same thing. I loved my Magneto. At the price point, and given its features, it's a great first mech mod.

toucandan229

Dec 11, 2014
South GA, USA
Nah, you're not gonna wanna go sub-ohm with an 18350 (as other users said).

I have a Magneto (it was my first mech mod, bought it about a year and some months ago). I still keep it around for posterity, but with my boxes, it doesn't get much use anymore. I'm not sure what issues you're talking about (misfiring), I never experienced that. As long as the battery is snug/pins are properly adjusted, my Magneto fired more consistently than ANY other device I've used.

Also, you're probably talking about the Magneto 2, which I have no experience in, but seems like it's virtually the exact same thing. I loved my Magneto. At the price point, and given its features, it's a great first mech mod.

Thanks for the reply! Definitely going to go with a 30a now. And about the misfiring, I read on a few places that with a 18350 it wouldn't fire sometimes but I also assumed that was the version before the center pin was adjustable or just a defect, not like it matters though since i am going with the 18650 now

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Thanks for the reply! Definitely going to go with a 30a now. And about the misfiring, I read on a few places that with a 18350 it wouldn't fire sometimes but I also assumed that was the version before the center pin was adjustable or just a defect, not like it matters though since i am going with the 18650 now

As far as I know, the center pin has always been adjustable. I could see potentially getting misfires maybe *MAYBE* with a flat-top 18350 (I used button tops), but really it's not of concern now since you're going with an 18650 (better choice for sure).

Just make sure you're buying from a legitimate vendor. Batteries are one of those things that you REALLY don't wanna skimp on.

Also, I doubt it'll be of concern to you, but don't torch your Magneto. I torched my friend's (and it came out really awesome, like a deep purple, very consistent) but it's unusable now. Dunno how, but torching it definitely caused something to happen, because now there's a short in the mod (the tube gets hot when the battery is fired). Doubt it'll be of concern, but just a word of caution.

toucandan229

Dec 11, 2014
South GA, USA
As far as I know, the center pin has always been adjustable. I could see potentially getting misfires maybe *MAYBE* with a flat-top 18350 (I used button tops), but really it's not of concern now since you're going with an 18650 (better choice for sure).

Just make sure you're buying from a legitimate vendor. Batteries are one of those things that you REALLY don't wanna skimp on.

Also, I doubt it'll be of concern to you, but don't torch your Magneto. I torched my friend's (and it came out really awesome, like a deep purple, very consistent) but it's unusable now. Dunno how, but torching it definitely caused something to happen, because now there's a short in the mod (the tube gets hot when the battery is fired). Doubt it'll be of concern, but just a word of caution.

ahh I researched a little more and found out what the deal was with the pin thing. v1 had the fixed pin and would misfire with 18350 flat tops on occasion, v2 has a adjustable screw pin, and v3 has a spring loaded contact. And do you have much experience with efest imr 18650's? Considering going with them since i can order them with the mod on myvaporstore.com

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I've had my magneto for about a year. It's a good solid mech with a great switch but it's definitely not a hard hitter. It's a wicked tall beast too and I've never been able to get the switch apart to clean it. I assume it can be done with the right tool but I've never dared to force it. Despite it's flaws I still like it.

Shortest to tallest. Astro, GP Paps, Overdose and Magneto all in 18650 mode.
858dd667e158d9a73eebaa68f5a0751b.jpg

Magneto is the only authentic. The Astro is a weak hitter like the Magneto. GP Paps $16 Fasttech clone and Overdose clone made by Tesla are my best performing mechs.

Last edited:

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread