Hi from a 5 day old vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

EtrnLwanderer

Jan 23, 2015
India
Hi,
I'm from India. Been a smoker for the last 35 odd years averaging about 25-30 ciggies a day. A friend of mine with about the same sort of smoking habit as me had switched to vaping a few months ago, and since then it had been on the back of my mind to try and make the switch. I did quit smoking for about 3 years, but fell back in the rut a few months ago, so I was looking at something to try and turn the tide.
First up, the general consensus among people I spoke to, regarding my intention to switch to vaping was.. ecigs are bad...no idea why.. it is just bad lol that argument in fact gave me a chuckle, but it got me trawling the internet for articles that might actually throw some light on the negatives, but I could hardly find something conclusive, so I pushed that aspect aside and then decided to take the plunge... and that is when I came across a bigger stumbling block...

Being based in India, for a vaping novice here, the options of buying something not too expensive initially, to test the waters if vaping is indeed for me before investing in more expensive gear, is something practically non existent.

Starter kits priced at 2.5 times their actual cost; spares costing 200% their online price, and similar highly marked up prices even for ejuices was more of a put off rather than an invitation to get vaping, simply because of the fact that it was going to be an expensive gamble even while purchasing the most basic of vaping gear.

Long story short, I purchased an Indian brand called Vapin battery which is an eGo threaded 900mAh battery and a Kanger T2 clearomizer to get me going. Picked up a Joyetech USA mix (11mg) and I've set sail on my vaping voyage.

Not too happy with my set up, but I guess buying something downright basic to start off with was bound to leave me unimpressed very soon.

I look forward to picking the brains of the very experienced vaping community here to help me progress towards making better choices in equipment and juices (and vendors), soon.

Happy vaping! :)

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hello EtrnL, I'm on day 5 also. I too have "basic" gear, with my only upgrade a VV (variable voltage) battery. (always have a spare of some sort) There are many directions to look and I am headed to a VW (variable Wattage) Mod battery with an Aspire Nautilus tank in the near future. Most of my money has been spent towards finding the perfect vaping flavor for the ADV (all day vape). Congrats on your day 5! The forum has tons of information and I personally use the search box found at the top often in my quest for information.

Greg

Niten13

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
Tigard, OR, USA
Welcome to the ECF Family guys! Congrats on giving up the smokes! All of us here have moved through various stages of gear, the current top set up for starters to get a great vape seems to be the MVP3, or Istick VW with the nautilus tanks! You both are heading in the right direction!

Keep up the hard work! 5 days will soon be 9 months!

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Welcome to ecf, etrnl! Congratulations on your switch to vaping! Five days is an accomplishment -- four days longer than just one day :). Once you've met your minimum posting quota, pop around to different threads; you'll find lots of great information and many very helpful vapers. Best of luck to you.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    5 days old! You shouldn't be stickin' anything in your mouth except your mom's teat! Just kiddin' bud. :) You know, I started vapin' 4 months ago on a eGo setup probably similar to what you've described. I haven't changed that setup hardly at all, and although it works out good for me, it certainly may not be working out as good for you. You may consider increasing that 11mg nic level though, that very well could be why you're not 'satisfied' with the hardware you've already got.

Congrats, Good luck and enjoy the journey you've embarked on!

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 4, 2014
    Silver Spring, MD, USA
    dragon welcome2.jpg
    Hi EtrnLwanderer and welcome to ECF! You, too, Sir2fyablyNutz!

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping and/or looking to upgrade.

1. A Good Starter's Setup for a Beginning Vapor
    2. Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods
    3. Proper terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments
    4. Something Safe for Cinnamon and Citrus Flavors

Hope that helps and Happy Vaping!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    Welcome!

If you want some correct information to pass around head to the CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association web site. They have a list of links to what studies have actually been done, so that will get you away from the internet rumors problem. There are also some FAQ 'hit lists' in printable format that you can print and pass out. Hope it helps!

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2015
    Sandbox, USSA
    Hello EtrnL, I'm on day 5 also. I too have "basic" gear, with my only upgrade a VV (variable voltage) battery. (always have a spare of some sort) There are many directions to look and I am headed to a VW (variable Wattage) Mod battery with an Aspire Nautilus tank in the near future. Most of my money has been spent towards finding the perfect vaping flavor for the ADV (all day vape). Congrats on your day 5! The forum has tons of information and I personally use the search box found at the top often in my quest for information.

Greg

Cool! Hi Nutz. I'm glad to see you're sticking with it.
    I checked out this thread 'cause Etrnl's thread is titled '5 day old vaper' I was hoping to see a link to a
    baby vaper :laugh: I wanted to ask him how he managed to lift his mod. Just joking.
    Have a good vape, Greg.

Hazy :2cool:

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2015
    Sandbox, USSA
    Hi,
    I'm from India. Been a smoker for the last 35 odd years averaging about 25-30 ciggies a day. A friend of mine with about the same sort of smoking habit as me had switched to vaping a few months ago, and since then it had been on the back of my mind to try and make the switch. I did quit smoking for about 3 years, but fell back in the rut a few months ago, so I was looking at something to try and turn the tide.
    First up, the general consensus among people I spoke to, regarding my intention to switch to vaping was.. ecigs are bad...no idea why.. it is just bad lol that argument in fact gave me a chuckle, but it got me trawling the internet for articles that might actually throw some light on the negatives, but I could hardly find something conclusive, so I pushed that aspect aside and then decided to take the plunge... and that is when I came across a bigger stumbling block...

Being based in India, for a vaping novice here, the options of buying something not too expensive initially, to test the waters if vaping is indeed for me before investing in more expensive gear, is something practically non existent.

Starter kits priced at 2.5 times their actual cost; spares costing 200% their online price, and similar highly marked up prices even for ejuices was more of a put off rather than an invitation to get vaping, simply because of the fact that it was going to be an expensive gamble even while purchasing the most basic of vaping gear.

Long story short, I purchased an Indian brand called Vapin battery which is an eGo threaded 900mAh battery and a Kanger T2 clearomizer to get me going. Picked up a Joyetech USA mix (11mg) and I've set sail on my vaping voyage.

Not too happy with my set up, but I guess buying something downright basic to start off with was bound to leave me unimpressed very soon.

I look forward to picking the brains of the very experienced vaping community here to help me progress towards making better choices in equipment and juices (and vendors), soon.

Happy vaping! :)

Greetings EtrnL, Where do you get your juice in India?
    You'll find all the information you need and lots of helpful folks. You're in good company.

Namasté.
    Om,

HazyShades

EtrnLwanderer

Jan 23, 2015
    India
    I'm always late to the party but I just wanted to
    RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
    you to ecf. Nice to meet you and really glad you are here. You can probably already see why it is such a wonderful place to be. A big congrats on the beginning of your vaping journey. Enjoy.

Good job on the five days, me and my wife have both been vaping for years now, and she still uses her evod and vision spinner setup. I however have been through no less than 10 different configs LOL. Keep on looking and you'll find the right setup.

Thank you for the welcome and encouragement :)

EtrnLwanderer

Jan 23, 2015
    India
    Greetings EtrnL, Where do you get your juice in India?
    You'll find all the information you need and lots of helpful folks. You're in good company.

Namasté.
    Om,

HazyShades

Hi HazyShades. For now I am sourcing juice from an online site in India itself, but I am actively looking out for sites outside my country that will ship to India ( a few like VaporFi don't)

Had a look at a Chinese site called Fast-Tech as well, from info I read here. I've also been looking at Halo. Don't know much about the really good brands, so I'm still using Google as my buddy when I'm not reading up for info here :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread