Hi guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fronkey

May 11, 2012
MO, USA
Been reading here for several months, just joined up today.

I got my first e-cig for Christmas (a Revolver G2 kit) and have kicked the analogs completely. I was the first person I know to get an e-cig, and have already converted one of my friends (with a couple more getting more and more interested in the topic). Already started mixing my own juice, though I'm still not quite out of the pre-mixed. I've got a little experience working with electronics and really want to get into modding.

Just here to introduce myself (and use up some posts so I can post a couple questions in the modding forum). Apart from nicotine, my hobbies include music (I learned what I know about electronics rewiring guitars and fixing old tube amps starting around age 7), cars, and shooting.

Fronkey

May 11, 2012
MO, USA
I don't play as much as I used to (I was always better at the sax anyway) but I grew up around a lot of guitar players and learned the ins and outs from a very young age. My primary music focus these days is more on the production side (mixing and recording).

As far as learning goes, if you want to get serious about it I would highly recommend getting some lessons from a good teacher. They can correct small technique issues that may seem menial, but will really improve your skills once you get going.

Also, if you haven't already, try to learn as much musical theory as possible. It's basically a strange and confusing math, but even for the most casual musicians it makes a huge difference when you go to jam with others.

Fronkey

May 11, 2012
MO, USA
Welcome Fronkey, if you're gonna be modding I would recommend the OKR regulators, they are really simple to use, very efficient and compact.

That's a part of why I need to get my posts up to be able to post in the modding forum.

I don't like the form factor of most of the existing mods/kits out there, and the batteries I see that would fit in the type of packaging I envision never put out more than 3.7 volts. I know 3.7 is sufficient, but I was hoping to make a VV mod that could go to at least 5 volts.

In order to do this, I have envisioned a system that uses a 3.7 volt battery with a step-up power module to raise the voltage to around 6 or 7 volts, then throw a pot in the circuit (between the negative terminal on the power module and the connector for the atomizer) with a volt meter after the pot to regulate the voltage going to the atomizer.

I want to find out if anyone else has tried (or even considered) a setup like this and see if they had positive results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread