The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hi Guys!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by NazzDz, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NazzDz

NazzDz Full Member

Apr 4, 2018
    man am I happy to be here! Got my new Smok Alien 220watts x4 coil blah blah blah and...ya know...kind of a newbie in the sense that I don’t understand anything when MODS are mentioned but they seem cool. Are MODS physical adjustments or are they internal? I know you guys won’t wait to slay a newbie right here. Bring it.... please :’)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mav_sd

mav_sd Full Member Verified Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Spring, TX
    The MOD is the device that powers your coils... or, the battery part.

Screwed on top, the part that produces your vapor is either a tank, or dripping atomizer...to keep it super simple. There are lots of variations of these, and it can certainly be a lot to absorb.

Check out the rest of the newbie section to keep on learning, and if you have more questions, this group is awesome at lending support.

Welcome!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NazzDz

NazzDz Full Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Thank you! You cleared up a few questions for me. I will check up the newbie forums and try and discover some more. I used to own a Kangertech, and since I heard they stopped producing coils for Kangertech, I’m on the Smok Alien. I’m happy about that. I certainly need to upgrade my tank as I think it’s a bit too short (default-25ml??) I’m not really sure. I think I just need to get used to vaping, and understand what I need to do to get the best experience.
    I’m happy to be in this forum, thank you for the support!

• Like Like x 1
  4. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    They stopped making subvod coils?! That was kanger’s best product. Can anyone confirm or deny this one?

• Like Like x 1
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Hi welcome to ECF. I'd say reading up is a good idea, and probably, Brother Bob will be along with some links tailored to you and your newcomer status.

Welcome to ECF, it's a great place to hang out and learn more.. In the "new members information" forum (it's the subforum above this one, you should see it at the top of the page) there are going to be some helpful pinned links. We have battery experts if you need them and etc. as well.

I don't know what KT setup you have but I have heard of one well liked tank that is being discontinued? That may or may not be your setup, whaat is it.

But, you're in a good place now and if you are liking your smokalien, that's great. Plenty of other possible sub0hm toppers as well once you decide if you want a backup vape or not (most people who are serious about quitting do, in case something happens to their primary setup, which can happen.

But most of all right now I'd focus on continued vaping success that you are having, and of course any and all questions you have, you can ask here on this thread, as well.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  6. NazzDz

NazzDz Full Member

Apr 4, 2018
    I went to my local vape shop and he said that Kangertech had stopped producing coils. I forgot the reasons but I was disappointed too. Maybe he was wrong? I would love to hear other people’s views on this

• Like Like x 1
  7. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    :pop:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. NazzDz

NazzDz Full Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Thank you I really do appreciate it!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dandelion Puffball

Dandelion Puffball Full Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to ECF! I'm new and only have a vague idea what a lot of things talked about here are too. I'm sure we'll both figure it out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Welcome to ECF. This thread may help you get some of the lingo down pat.
    Vaping Terminology

• Useful Useful x 2
  11. NazzDz

NazzDz Full Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Really appreciate that :p

• Like Like x 2
  12. NazzDz

NazzDz Full Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Yeahh defo i will regularly post questions and stuff !! Welcome o you too too!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    There are several classes of "mods", also known as a APV (advanced personal vaporizer). The mod is the battery device, and can be tube or box shaped. The "atomizer" or juice delivery attachment holds the e-liquid and contains the heating coil which turns the liquid into vapor.

Mod Classifications:​

• Mechanical (no electronics) or unregulated
    • Regulated (electronic chip; usually variable wattage)
    • Bottom feeders (can be mech or regulated); also called "squonkers".
    • Pod Mods (a variation on cigalikes or batteries that look like cigarettes.
    Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder
    • From cigalike batteries, to eGo's, to mods. A picture dictionary of terminology and form factors for beginning vapers. Includes videos.
    Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices
    • A picture dictionary for beginners with descriptions of clearomizers, nano's, drip atomizers, bottom feeding mods, cartomizers, cartotanks, and RBA's (rebuildable atomizers). Includes video demos/reviews of all devices.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. MJCSD

MJCSD Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2014
    usa
    Hello and welcome to ecf

• Like Like x 2
  15. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014