Status
Not open for further replies.

NazzDz

Apr 4, 2018
man am I happy to be here! Got my new smok Alien 220watts x4 coil blah blah blah and...ya know...kind of a newbie in the sense that I don’t understand anything when mods are mentioned but they seem cool. Are MODS physical adjustments or are they internal? I know you guys won’t wait to slay a newbie right here. Bring it.... please :’)

mav_sd

Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
Spring, TX
The MOD is the device that powers your coils... or, the battery part.

Screwed on top, the part that produces your vapor is either a tank, or dripping atomizer...to keep it super simple. There are lots of variations of these, and it can certainly be a lot to absorb.

Check out the rest of the newbie section to keep on learning, and if you have more questions, this group is awesome at lending support.

Welcome!

NazzDz

Apr 4, 2018
The MOD is the device that powers your coils... or, the battery part.

Screwed on top, the part that produces your vapor is either a tank, or dripping atomizer...to keep it super simple. There are lots of variations of these, and it can certainly be a lot to absorb.

Check out the rest of the newbie section to keep on learning, and if you have more questions, this group is awesome at lending support.

Welcome!
Thank you! You cleared up a few questions for me. I will check up the newbie forums and try and discover some more. I used to own a Kangertech, and since I heard they stopped producing coils for Kangertech, I’m on the Smok Alien. I’m happy about that. I certainly need to upgrade my tank as I think it’s a bit too short (default-25ml??) I’m not really sure. I think I just need to get used to vaping, and understand what I need to do to get the best experience.
I’m happy to be in this forum, thank you for the support!

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thank you! You cleared up a few questions for me. I will check up the newbie forums and try and discover some more. I used to own a Kangertech, and since I heard they stopped producing coils for Kangertech, I’m on the Smok Alien. I’m happy about that. I certainly need to upgrade my tank as I think it’s a bit too short (default-25ml??) I’m not really sure. I think I just need to get used to vaping, and understand what I need to do to get the best experience.
I’m happy to be in this forum, thank you for the support!
They stopped making subvod coils?! That was kanger’s best product. Can anyone confirm or deny this one?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi welcome to ECF. I'd say reading up is a good idea, and probably, Brother Bob will be along with some links tailored to you and your newcomer status.

Welcome to ECF, it's a great place to hang out and learn more.. In the "new members information" forum (it's the subforum above this one, you should see it at the top of the page) there are going to be some helpful pinned links. We have battery experts if you need them and etc. as well.

I don't know what KT setup you have but I have heard of one well liked tank that is being discontinued? That may or may not be your setup, whaat is it.

But, you're in a good place now and if you are liking your smokalien, that's great. Plenty of other possible sub0hm toppers as well once you decide if you want a backup vape or not (most people who are serious about quitting do, in case something happens to their primary setup, which can happen.

But most of all right now I'd focus on continued vaping success that you are having, and of course any and all questions you have, you can ask here on this thread, as well.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Anna

Reactions: Dieseler

NazzDz

Apr 4, 2018
They stopped making subvod coils?! That was kanger’s best product. Can anyone confirm or deny this one?
I went to my local vape shop and he said that Kangertech had stopped producing coils. I forgot the reasons but I was disappointed too. Maybe he was wrong? I would love to hear other people’s views on this

NazzDz

Apr 4, 2018
Hi welcome to ECF. I'd say reading up is a good idea, and probably, Brother Bob will be along with some links tailored to you and your newcomer status.

Welcome to ECF, it's a great place to hang out and learn more.. In the "new members information" forum (it's the subforum above this one, you should see it at the top of the page) there are going to be some helpful pinned links. We have battery experts if you need them and etc. as well.

I don't know what KT setup you have but I have heard of one well liked tank that is being discontinued? That may or may not be your setup, whaat is it.

But, you're in a good place now and if you are liking your smokalien, that's great. Plenty of other possible sub0hm toppers as well once you decide if you want a backup vape or not (most people who are serious about quitting do, in case something happens to their primary setup, which can happen.

But most of all right now I'd focus on continued vaping success that you are having, and of course any and all questions you have, you can ask here on this thread, as well.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Anna
Thank you I really do appreciate it!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There are several classes of "mods", also known as a APV (advanced personal vaporizer). The mod is the battery device, and can be tube or box shaped. The "atomizer" or juice delivery attachment holds the e-liquid and contains the heating coil which turns the liquid into vapor.

Mod Classifications:​

• Mechanical (no electronics) or unregulated
  • Regulated (electronic chip; usually variable wattage)
  • Bottom feeders (can be mech or regulated); also called "squonkers".
  • Pod Mods (a variation on cigalikes or batteries that look like cigarettes.
Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder
  • From cigalike batteries, to eGo's, to mods. A picture dictionary of terminology and form factors for beginning vapers. Includes videos.
Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices
  • A picture dictionary for beginners with descriptions of clearomizers, nano's, drip atomizers, bottom feeding mods, cartomizers, cartotanks, and RBA's (rebuildable atomizers). Includes video demos/reviews of all devices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread