The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hi hi hi! *waves*

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Unfettered, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Unfettered

Unfettered Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2009
    Texas
    Another newbie here!

My e-cig journey began, oh, about a week ago. lol I can't believe I hadn't heard of these before that! My sister in law told me that a friend of hers had started using one, which set my feet upon the path of knowledge.

I am an information junkie. I never buy or do anything without knowing as much about it as I possibly can. I started researching them online and found this place. In a hurry to get my hands on one I almost bought a Luci from a local smoke shop. I am so glad my good sense won out. They wanted $150 for a kit that one can buy for $99 online....plus, I noticed there aren't many good reports about Lucis here on the forums.

SO....armed with the terrific info I found here I ordered two Joye510s, one for my mother (yay) and one for myself. She researches *nothing* so I am responsible for doing the work for both of us. :p But, bless her, she bought mine as an early Christmas present, so I am happy to do the "leg work". She also bought me some extra carts and juice. Yay mom! So *ahem* anyway....probably more info than anyone wanted....but there it is. I'm hoping to have my PV in my hot little hands by tomorrow (ordered from Widow) and I already have my extra goodies sitting here taunting me, since I have no equipment in which to use them yet. *sigh* So I haven't started vaping yet, but I truly cannot wait.

And I'm so excited my mother is doing this with me. She's not usually one to try new things, but she is sick of hacking up a lung every day and not prepared to quit altogether right now, so I suppose that was enough to get her past any hesitation.

I have been here reading every possible second I can spare and I'm already thinking of buying a DIY kit and playing mad scientist. (I'm a bartender by trade, so it's sorta what I do. :p )

Anyway! Hi! Thanks for letting me lurk and pick your collective brain and I look forward to actually getting to vape and discussing it with you all at length in the very near future!

-Unfettered

2. DemonFire1337

DemonFire1337 Full Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2009
    Middletown, NY
    Welcome!
    I love this forum, been using it since a day before I started vaping.
    It's the best, and it's lots of help.

3. Dredbull

Dredbull Ultra Member ECF Veteran

For some reason I read that really fast, glad you are super excited and welcome aboard.

4. Unfettered

Nov 5, 2009
    Texas
    haha I'm not surprised. I was feeling a bit ADD when I typed that out. Likely as a result of the the extra huge soy latte I had a bit ago. ; )

Thanks for the welcome!

5. Unfettered

Nov 5, 2009
    Texas
    It came today! I just watched a coupla videos on assembly and direct dripping. The battery has a bit of a charge, and the other one is charging as I type. I took a few "hits" and I am already in love. The cartridges that came with it are "Marlboro" flavored, but I've never had a Marlboro that tasted that good. :p

After a few hits I dripped a couple of drops of cherry e juice on the atomizer, and the vapor production is just damn impressive. Plus, just a hint of that cherry flavor with the "Marlboro" flavor is so very yummy. No throat hit, but as much as I thought I might, I really don't think I miss it. Plus, I read that it can take some time to break in an atomizer and get a better throat hit. Perhaps someone here can confirm that for me.

Anyway, so far so good! My model doesn't have an LED, which I am actually quite happy about. Makes for a more stealthy vaping experience, I think. I can totally see grabbing quick hits at work, and no one will be the wiser.

Love it so far. I can't wait to try all of the flavors I bought!

6. Dredbull

Dredbull Ultra Member ECF Veteran

*snicking* the led do help a bit on the learning curve. I lost my ninja battery but went bonkers and got rid of my 510 bats went a mod route.

7. Shortstuff116

Shortstuff116 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2009
    Bellingham, MA
    I never would have believed that this would replace 36+ years of smoking, but it did from the minute I took my first drag. I love to vape and I don't even want another analog!

Welcome Aboard!

8. Ryd1ZZ

Ryd1ZZ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Good to hear you like your 510. Can't wait to get my stuff tomorrow so I can try them out.

9. bassn99

bassn99 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2009
    Louisiana
    IMHO the 510 is the best. I vape so much now though I had to order the Silver Bullet to ensure I would not have to carry around a bag full of batteries for a day of vaping.
    Not trying to promote the SB, but I will tell you I can go two days without have to charge the battery. It has made my vaping experience even better............

10. Liz!

Liz! Full Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2009
    Hi there!

Just started myself. Where in Texas are you? I'm near Austin.

11. NativeTexan

NativeTexan Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2009
    Lampasas Texas
    Howdy, another Texan here, close to Austin!

Welcome and Happy Vaping!!

12. shinoda

shinoda Full Member

Jan 17, 2011
    singapore
    Hi everyone!

just registered myself today here !

13. JudgeVape

JudgeVape Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2011
    D.C./Maryland
    Howdy all. I just started late last week myself with a Riva 510. I bought the Riva 510 from a guy that runs a small PV business in Orlando while down there on business. So far smoking off the pre-filled menthol carts it came with and refilling with 18mg menthol juice. The all-VG RY4 I bought I do not care for much so far.

I do believe a new big juice order will be forthcoming from me. I think I will also pick up a second Riva kit as a backup/loaner and some cartos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.