Status
Not open for further replies.

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
Another newbie here!

My e-cig journey began, oh, about a week ago. lol I can't believe I hadn't heard of these before that! My sister in law told me that a friend of hers had started using one, which set my feet upon the path of knowledge.

I am an information junkie. I never buy or do anything without knowing as much about it as I possibly can. I started researching them online and found this place. In a hurry to get my hands on one I almost bought a Luci from a local smoke shop. I am so glad my good sense won out. They wanted $150 for a kit that one can buy for $99 online....plus, I noticed there aren't many good reports about Lucis here on the forums.

SO....armed with the terrific info I found here I ordered two Joye510s, one for my mother (yay) and one for myself. She researches *nothing* so I am responsible for doing the work for both of us. :p But, bless her, she bought mine as an early Christmas present, so I am happy to do the "leg work". She also bought me some extra carts and juice. Yay mom! So *ahem* anyway....probably more info than anyone wanted....but there it is. I'm hoping to have my PV in my hot little hands by tomorrow (ordered from Widow) and I already have my extra goodies sitting here taunting me, since I have no equipment in which to use them yet. *sigh* So I haven't started vaping yet, but I truly cannot wait.

And I'm so excited my mother is doing this with me. She's not usually one to try new things, but she is sick of hacking up a lung every day and not prepared to quit altogether right now, so I suppose that was enough to get her past any hesitation.

I have been here reading every possible second I can spare and I'm already thinking of buying a DIY kit and playing mad scientist. (I'm a bartender by trade, so it's sorta what I do. :p )

Anyway! Hi! Thanks for letting me lurk and pick your collective brain and I look forward to actually getting to vape and discussing it with you all at length in the very near future!

-Unfettered

Unfettered

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Texas
It came today! I just watched a coupla videos on assembly and direct dripping. The battery has a bit of a charge, and the other one is charging as I type. I took a few "hits" and I am already in love. The cartridges that came with it are "Marlboro" flavored, but I've never had a Marlboro that tasted that good. :p

After a few hits I dripped a couple of drops of cherry e juice on the atomizer, and the vapor production is just damn impressive. Plus, just a hint of that cherry flavor with the "Marlboro" flavor is so very yummy. No throat hit, but as much as I thought I might, I really don't think I miss it. Plus, I read that it can take some time to break in an atomizer and get a better throat hit. Perhaps someone here can confirm that for me.

Anyway, so far so good! My model doesn't have an LED, which I am actually quite happy about. Makes for a more stealthy vaping experience, I think. I can totally see grabbing quick hits at work, and no one will be the wiser.

Love it so far. I can't wait to try all of the flavors I bought!

bassn99

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Louisiana
IMHO the 510 is the best. I vape so much now though I had to order the Silver Bullet to ensure I would not have to carry around a bag full of batteries for a day of vaping.
Not trying to promote the SB, but I will tell you I can go two days without have to charge the battery. It has made my vaping experience even better............

JudgeVape

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
D.C./Maryland
Howdy all. I just started late last week myself with a Riva 510. I bought the Riva 510 from a guy that runs a small PV business in Orlando while down there on business. So far smoking off the pre-filled menthol carts it came with and refilling with 18mg menthol juice. The all-VG RY4 I bought I do not care for much so far.

I do believe a new big juice order will be forthcoming from me. I think I will also pick up a second Riva kit as a backup/loaner and some cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread