Hi, hope I'm allowed to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy88

Oct 3, 2014
British Columbia
Ya, I agree with the last post to, that it could be a certain juice. I've got nasty headaches from vaping, and sometimes I swear it's the flavour of the ejuice. I have only switched nic level once and usually vape 50/50 pg/vg.
Certain smells/ tastes can give people headaches.
Just keep trying different ejuices and different pg/vg levels, like others have said too :)

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
I had the same problem when I started vaping. Until I read in this forum that it is wise to drink lots of water, and only drink soda type drinks occasionaly. I drink alot of milk and orange juice or eat Bread & Butter Pickles, they seem to clear my palate if I get vapers tongue. If I chain vape all day I can drink up to a gallon of water.

I have to chime in as well since I'm new to vaping. I would definitely try all of these different suggestions before throwing in the towel. Drink water, water, and more water, try different blends of juices, different flavours, etc. I know there are many withdrawal symptoms and one is headache so it could be from that as well. Good luck to you.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
Definitely hydrate more, but as has been mentioned, try a 100% VG juice, as you may have an allergy to PG. Mount Baker Vapor may not be the best in terms of offering complex, gourmet flavors, but they are affordable and let you select the PG/VG ratio. A good place to start.

Another thing to consider - nicotine overload can give you headaches. Buy yourself a bottle of 6 mg 100% VG, and a bottle of 18mg 100% VG. Get an extra atomizer that looks different from the one you use for the stronger juice. Then vape the strong stuff only when you are REALLY craving a cigarette, and put it down when the craving subsides. In between, vape the weaker juice to satisfy the craving of needing to inhale and exhale something and needing something in your hand. This may solve the problem.

Also stick with it and don't give up!!! Headaches will go away once you find the right juices, make it through the initial woes of kicking cigarettes, and get used to vaping. It took me a long time and many trials to find what worked for me, but it was worth it because I don't smoke anymore!! That's the greatest gift you can give yourself - good health and being on this planet longer. It's a gift to your family too. Hang in there - there are lots of great people right here to guide you through.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm curious to know if you have any sensitivity to artificial sweeteners - for instance does diet pop give you headaches too? I was getting severe headaches from a couple of juices I bought and I still suspect that was the culprit. I've found most don't use artificial sweeteners, but there are a few. I would suggest trying a different kind of juice, one you know is sweetened with Stevia or some natural sweetener.

Stevia is not recommended for vaping--per our resident chemist and DIY-er Kurt:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/302964-flavor-spoilage-help.html#post6355337

Sucralose and ethyl maltol are considered safe for vaping.

Hammer77

Sep 29, 2014
Ontario,Canada
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Water.

Not juice; water.

How to know if you are well hydrated? When you go to the toilet and it comes out looking like water, then you're well hydrated.
If it's yellow, then you could use some water.

This. drink alot of water. On a big vape day I can go through a gallon of water. I have a coffee or a soda mixed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread