Hi, how does one use MadVapes Reward points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Under account management or whatever they call it there is a section labeled rewards. Your points balance is shown and there is a link to redeem. You redeem your points for gift certificates. I believe the conversion rate is $1 for every 20 points.

I'm scared to look at my point balance..might be enough to buy one of everything. I spend WAY too much money with those guys; they should ban me

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
How do you redeem the points? When I put the gift certificate alone in the shopping cart it still tells me I have to pay x amount of dollars to receive the code, that I still need to put in credit card info. I don't want to pay for points, so I am confused. Any help anyone?
Look at the link I left in my post above

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You have to buy a Gift Certificate with the points. I just redeemed 100 points to test it and I purchase a $5 gift certificate. You'll receive an email with a Certificate number and you put that number in the coupon code of your shopping cart order. The bottom of the order will then show the $5 gift certif. but the $5 was not deducted from the order. So.... who knows?

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
OMG! I'm so embarrassed. Just figured that out breaktru. Thanks for all of your help. I will go hide my head in shame. Lol! Told ya' I wasn't the brightest bulb, kind of slow here.

That was a legitimate question seeing the confusing method to redeem points. Still did not see the reasoning behind the gift certificate. The points should come off the order total. Looks like they are sending me the gift certificate in my next order. What am I suppose to do with it then.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
That was a legitimate question seeing the confusing method to redeem points. Still did not see the reasoning behind the gift certificate. The points should come off the order total. Looks like they are sending me the gift certificate in my next order. What am I suppose to do with it then.

It is strange. Sometimes when I use my certs I don't always see the few dollars reflect on the MV invoice, however, sometimes you will notice that the actual amount you get charged on your bank account will be correct.

GL

ice

OldDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kansas
Looks like more and more of the sites are going to points, don't know if I like that or not. When I used the AwesomeVapors the point process became clear once I got thru adding some "free" items to my cart. It also seemed that one point would get one $'s worth for an item. Don't like the gift style of points, I perfer the -Atty cost 10 points- style, ok, give me 3 for 30 points.

tea

Nov 10, 2010
PA
I still don't get it. You click redeem, select a gift card amount that matches your reward points, then check out with a gift card in your cart? No where does it indicate that it won't simply charge my credit card for a $5 gift card, which wouldn't be much of a reward at all. Really weird process. Does it not charge to your credit card even though it appears that it will? Can someone confirm that before I click checkout?

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Looks like more and more of the sites are going to points, don't know if I like that or not. When I used the AwesomeVapors the point process became clear once I got thru adding some "free" items to my cart. It also seemed that one point would get one $'s worth for an item. Don't like the gift style of points, I perfer the -Atty cost 10 points- style, ok, give me 3 for 30 points.

Would love to have a feture like this but our cart doesn't support it. We can actually assign a point value to all the items to buy with points but they show up in one huge list of items. I think our cart's point handling was originally design for spend xxx amount and pick from these 5 free items type of setup.

hoog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread