Hi , i am a Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silviehl

Apr 24, 2017
To vaping and are really confused
about the many different e cigarettes out there. Smoked for aboyt 40 years and since March i m trying to quit smoking. Mosted days it worked except when i was on vacation last week. Total throwback. Now i have to start all over again.I Started with ego aio and got myself a tarot nano now. The tarot does not work for me ( mtl)so well. So I read about changing the clearomizer so I can use different coils. What would be the best combo ? Any ideas
Thank you

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Welcome to ecf.

Lots of different type of tanks out there. You could look at these tanks.Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank
this one is 4ml and I suggest getting the CLR coils. They come in 0.50 ohm and 1.0 ohm
These are rebuildable if you want. If you don't, then just chuck em when they are done. They are about the same price as the non-rebuildable ones but so much better. I don't recommend the non rebuildable ones.

:)

Caprilli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Silviehl,

I hear you. This is not the first time for me, that I am trying to quit the stinkies! The first time I failed to do it with vaping was my confusion about all the different vaping gear and opinions out there. At the time t was also difficult to find a straight forward device with ready made coils, that could take pg free eliquid.

This time around the new kits definately helped. I have two ego Aio's for small take out devices and they do their job well. For at home I bought two ego mega twists plus. This is the Cubis Pro Tank with a 2300 mah 30 Watt battery.

I use the LVC 1.5 Ohm Clapton coils at 15 to 17.5 watts and the flavor plus ease of use is amazing. I love the fact that I do not need to wrap any coils but can rewick myself and I have no intention to "upgrade" at all.

It is easy to get wrapped up into the different opinions. Figure out what works for you and then go about it. The first time around I bought a ton of gear, to try out for myself and if it did not suit, I sold it here in the Forum. Take it easy. Vaping does not need to be more than a replacement for cigarettes.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
about the many different e cigarettes out there. Smoked for aboyt 40 years and since March i m trying to quit smoking. Mosted days it worked except when i was on vacation last week. Total throwback. Now i have to start all over again.I Started with ego aio and got myself a tarot nano now. The tarot does not work for me ( mtl)so well. So I read about changing the clearomizer so I can use different coils. What would be the best combo ? Any ideas
Thank you

As far as the taro not working for you, as the wattage of the taro goes down to 5 watts you simply need to find a tank (clearomiser) that works for you for your mtl, low wattage needs.. you won't use the full capability of the taro, but it's not wasted money as it will work for your needs with a new tank (clearomiser)..

The Atlantis tank (first mentioned) won't work for you because it's not mtl, but the Nautilus Mini tank by Atlantis would work just fine.. it's a very nice tank with excellent flavor and is a beautiful mtl device where you can adjust your airflow to the perfect drag for you.

It's reasonably inexpensive, around 25.00, and you can get replacement atomizers (aka coils) for it for about 11.00 a five pack. One coil lasts around a week.

I vape my mini around 11 watts on my device, and your taro nano goes down to 5 watts, so if you buy it you will need to turn your watts down to about 7 watts, and go up in one watt increments until you find the wattage setting that is best on your taro..

Here is a link to purchase them:

Aspire Nautilus Mini Clearomizer

5pk Aspire Nautilus and Nautilus Mini Replacement Bottom Vertical Coil (BVC)

And you can get 10% off by using coupon code vaporfrombaker at the checkout.

They are a good place to do business with,I do business with them all the time and their shipping is fast and the customer service is wonderful. I also use the nautilus mini and it's a great little tank.. :)

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Just to add a few other possibilities to @Opinionated suggestions, there is a new Nauti 2, which uses the Nautilus mini coils and is top fill, and the Triton mini which use the same coils and is also top fill. I find the Triton mini extremely handy with a nice mtl vape. I generally prefer top fill rather than take the tank on and of to fill from the bottom like the original Nautilus/Nauti mini. Others on the market that are new include the iJoy Elf, not sure if it's at retailers yet, but comes with some color and nice drip tips if you want something to go more with your Tarot to match.

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
If I may interject. My first reaction to your post was to tell you not to worry. I am proof that transferring from 26 years smoking to vaping (and LOVING it) is possible but it can be a wee bit of a journey. Also everyone's journey is different. There will be some trial and error. You may well fall off the wagon until you find what works for you. I did. I started on those little pen batteries and cheap eBay clearomisers and gave up for a good number of months and went back to smoking. If I'm tipsy I still have the odd cigarette. I have now been vaping for 9 months and it the best decision of my life. A little persistence and you have what I didn't have which is the help and advice from the kind people on here. Also maybe watch a few YouTube tutorials to help. I bought the Aspire Pegasus V2 mod and the Aspire Nautilus tank but Zophie Vapes on YouTube was my guide to use them properly. Sometimes you just need to see what is being talked about!

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
Thank you
Also it might be worth letting people know which country you are in as they can direct you to good vendors?

Silviehl

Apr 24, 2017
First i want to thank you all for your helpful comments and your encouragement on my vapour journey. I mean not giving up just yet :). I already spent lots of money on different styles and have liquid to last me probably a whole year ;). If I start doing something, I jump in it with 2 feet. I liked the color of the nano and thought it looked great . So now I will get a nautilus 2 clearomizer and keep trying to find my perfect gear.
Any suggestions on liquids ? So far I use only tobacco liquid with 10mg nicotin to at least have the taste from the old habbit that dies hard :) i m from germany btw and buy most gear from overseas

JoeMischief

Apr 21, 2017
Southsea
That's helpful as being in the EU I can help you. A good UK vendor is ecigaspire.co.uk and VapeClub are good for liquids. Try to do what you can before TPD fully kicks in! I started by trying to find cigarette style liquids and never really found anything better than average. Embrace the flavour rainbow. You'll never look back. Jam Monster is stunning (strawberry and blueberry), Dr Fog Rigel, Ends Game Pink from Mountain Vapors in Kentucky US, VG Simple Strawberry Cake. They also stop comfort eating too! 26 years of smoking gone once I went to this sort of stuff. Apple butter from Liquid State is lovely. My suggestion is 12mg for work and out and about as you can't vape regularly so need the hit and 6mg at home as you'll be prone to vaping more consistently...

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thank you
Welcome and glad you joined. Your VW mod is fine and will work with almost any 510 tank. Suggest you take a look at the following:
The Tron-S, with the CLR coils,the EHpro Kayfun Lite V2, Kayfun V5, and the Subtank Mini with the RBA
re: http://forum...................../t/traveling-clearomizer/76766/6
http://forum...................../t/mouth-to-lung-tanks-damn-it-i-want-one/46836/115

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Welcome @Silviehl and I hope you enjoy your stay.

To quit smoking dual use and trying to cut down would not work for me and I finally figured out I was kidding my self saying I was cutting down. The only way I was able to quit was cold turkey and deal with the withdrawals. Took about 2 weeks and a cigarette craving only lasts for 2 minutes.

A good friend always told me it is OK to want one just don't have it! RIP Wayne!

Silviehl

Apr 24, 2017
Thanks guys for yor encouraging words. In the meantime while i m waiting on the nautilus tank to get to me - i broke my ego aio ( fell out if my pocket and the tank broke ) and so i got a endura 18. After reading all the positive comments and postings i thought it would be a nice small gear to use in between. Somehow that doesn't work. I soaked it in liquid very well before using it and it tasted burned. I tried 3 coils so far - it still tastes burned. I tried different inhaling technics - doesn't help :(. I researched it - they say it almost never kokelt ( no idea what that means in english - guess burned :) .
What the hell am i doing wrong ? My AIO never tasted like that. Somehow funny - my daughter tried it and she says it doesn't taste funny ?! My cheap little beginner evos still don't taste burned - so i don't think its in my imagination ?!
Could it be that the endura is faulty ? I don't want to try all my coils to get some weird burned taste...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread