Hi I'm Cat....a newb....and totally out of control:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings and Salutations:)

Like the title says, I'm Cat, and I'm a newb. My husband and I live in Toronto, Canada for the summer, but travel to South Florida for the winter, as I cannot tolerate the cold (mentally nor physically!) We used to 'fulltime' on an RV....started that when we were 26 years old....did that for 5 years before we rekindled our love for Toronto in the summer, and so now we are only 'part time Rvers' I guess;-) We both work on online, my husband day trades and I have a new small mineral makeup and skincare company....I make everything myself:)

I can't really say I was a smoker, nor a non-smoker. I supposed the correct term is 'social smoker'. I know some people are against my 'type' going into vaping....but hey! I'd love to meet other social smokers who got into vaping:)

I used to be the girl bumming the occasional smoke off of friends or strangers....there were also times I used to buy light Menthols because I really felt bad doing this. I'd tell myself before going out 'I will not smoke tonight' but it always happened. I think when I've had a certain amount, the nicotine kinda pushes me up from the 'blur' of alcohol. I would enjoy the high. I wouldn't, however, enjoy the smell or the insane coughing I'd have the next morning!

When I was in highschool, I used to smoke lights during exams, and then quit....no problem. I have never been the one to become addicted to nicotine....at least when sober;-) HA HA!

Over a month ago, I saw an ad for Blu, and thought, hey, that could be the answer....and of course it went on from there! I didn't go with Blu, instead I went with V2 to start. I also have stuff from Vapor4Life, Smokeless Image, Halo, Bloog and Vapor Couture (V2). From there, I got deeper into it....I see that's a pretty common theme here (I've been lurking for over a month!)....and so I went to Virgin Vapor and the Vapor Girl where I was introduced to Egos, 510s, etc....I have recently moved on from the standard cartomizers that came with the V2s and other companies (I have so many! What to do?!) I can't go back after getting e-juice from places like Ms. Ts, Virgin Vapor, the Vapor Girl, and Halo. I've been ruined! I just received an Ego C-Twist from Altsmoke, and have a whole buncha stuff coming in from EmpireMods!.

Yeah, I move quick....ha ha! No thanks to this forum for making me spend WAY too much;-)

As for what I vape....I stick mostly to 0mg.....and then I have a few 4-6mg for nights out...

Anyhoo, I've been writing back to other peoples posts lately, so I'm no longer a lurker. Figured it was about time to write up an introduction!Hope to take part in this awesome forum....cheers y'all! :)

Cat.

P.S. I guess I should mention my favorite juices so far....although I used to dig menthol, I've found a serious obsession with berry and fruit flavors! I haven't tried many yet (they are steeping) but Ms. Ts Tangerine and Mirror Blueberry are amazing! I also really dig The Vapor Girls Harvest Berry. My hubby on the other hand loves anything having to do with coffee/mocha and pastry type stuff. He can't put down Ms Ts Snickerdoodle or The Vapor Girls Key Lime Pie!

P.P.S. Here are a couple of pics of my 'problem'. Yes, I need one in every color....why should it be any different from shoes or purses?? One of the pics is from my first haul of stuff. The others are my personalized blinged out Egos!

Attachments

• 525106_10152556819565291_1942083551_n.jpg
    525106_10152556819565291_1942083551_n.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 62
  • 419803_10152577591940291_784637745_n.jpg
    419803_10152577591940291_784637745_n.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 581925_10152587854860291_47799494_n.jpg
    581925_10152587854860291_47799494_n.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Aymoon

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2013
London
Hey Cat, welcome to the forum!!! :)

I don't think there's a stigma against 'social' smokers turning to vaping is there? If so, that would be silly. My girlfriend started vaping just because she was curious about what I was doing and she was a non-smoker! I'd rather see her vaping away on 0% nic than picking up a cigarette (which she used to do very very rarely, like at a new years party or whatever).

If you like berry and fruit flavours, may I recommend Pink Spot Vapors... they have quite a few and they have a strong taste (I mix them with unflavoured VPG Base liquid 50-50 to make them milder, and cheaper!), but the ones I have tried are awesome... except for one which was a bit too much for me, but it's all subjective.

Anyhoooo, come on in, the water's fine! and enjoy :D

Steaming EMT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
New Jersey
Welcome to ECF!!! COOL!!! Vape on!!! I would say you do move fast perhaps ADD?! LOL just a joke ;) I was really confused 2 weeks ago when I wanted to order my first kit and I also started with blucigs (they suck) moved to joyetech 510 better not my stile and now I’m with ego-c upgraded battery and I got my Ego twist yesterday. I use the Ego Twist 1000mah at home and ego c 900mah at work and I am please very pleased!!! for how long…??? don’t know.

Good luck try to stick with one type brand of e-cig mod or what suite your style… juice if kind of hard since they are so many good ones out there good luck!!!
Vape-on!!!

Hey Cat, welcome to the forum!!! :)

I don't think there's a stigma against 'social' smokers turning to vaping is there? If so, that would be silly. My girlfriend started vaping just because she was curious about what I was doing and she was a non-smoker! I'd rather see her vaping away on 0% nic than picking up a cigarette (which she used to do very very rarely, like at a new years party or whatever).

If you like berry and fruit flavours, may I recommend Pink Spot Vapors... they have quite a few and they have a strong taste (I mix them with unflavoured VPG Base liquid 50-50 to make them milder, and cheaper!), but the ones I have tried are awesome... except for one which was a bit too much for me, but it's all subjective.

Anyhoooo, come on in, the water's fine! and enjoy :D

Thanks Aymoon! I will have to take a look at Pink Spot Vapors then. The strong taste is probably what I'd looooove! :D

Welcome to ECF!!! COOL!!! Vape on!!! I would say you do move fast perhaps ADD?! LOL just a joke ;) I was really confused 2 weeks ago when I wanted to order my first kit and I also started with blucigs (they suck) moved to joyetech 510 better not my stile and now I’m with ego-c upgraded battery and I got my Ego twist yesterday. I use the Ego Twist 1000mah at home and ego c 900mah at work and I am please very pleased!!! for how long…??? don’t know.

Good luck try to stick with one type brand of e-cig mod or what suite your style… juice if kind of hard since they are so many good ones out there good luck!!!
Vape-on!!!

Totally not a joke, I am very ADD;-) I always have a new obsession/project. I hyper focus big time, go nuts, and then it tames down a bit. I can't see me stopping the vaping though, it's way too enjoyable:)

I love my Ego Twist, I got it in the copper color and it matches my car. Ha ha! Cheers!

fishercat

Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Woodbridge, VA
Welcome Cat. I know exactly what you mean. I started out with a Cig2go kit I found at a local tobacco store, found all the information online, and now I have three different mods, about 20 bottles of ejuice, several different tanks and clearomizers, and two more mods on their way in the mail, all in about a four month period. I constantly find myself online searching for other mods or tanks or juices. I'm definitely hooked.

Anyway welcome to a new addiction.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Welcome Cat! I think most of us have either an addictive or OCD type of personality! Lol! But with all the goodies in the world of vaping it's hard not to want to try everything! For me it's a habit since I stopped smoking cigarettes but its also beginning to become a hobby! I figure we're not hurting anyone so keep it going!!

D4rk50ul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Hawaii
www.xda-developers.com
Welcome to ECF Cat and to the never ending addiction! I started vaping part time over 4 years ago and full time over 2 years ago, since then I have enough equipment and juice to supply a small country. For some of us it becomes a hobby as I can see from your pics you fit this group :D

For Fruit and sweet flavors I highly recommend trying out Welcome to Black Velvet e-Juice - Oklahoma's finest! they are my current go to vendor and have juice that will blow your mind. I highly recommend the sample pack to start, make sure peaches is one of your selections trust me :D

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Well I saw the title, I had to see this. I am not disappointed. No one should have an issue with how you are vaping. It is your habit, not theirs, and honestly we need all the vapers we can get either full or part time. That is quite a collection you have there in a relatively short time, Vape on!

Hi all!
Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome, and the suggestions....checking out the recommended sites now and totally into the Canadian forum section:)
I love how helpful and friendly everyone is here!

Between this post here and my last reply, more shopping has transpired. I am hopeless! Glad to know quite a few of you are in the same boat....

I am looking at mods now, I find most of them a bit bland, but love the iHybrids and the Empire. *drools*. I would have no idea how to use them but they sure do look nice.

Someone needs to cut off my internet!!!! And credit cards!!!! My husband just shakes his head....at least he's taking it well. I think it has something to do with him stealing my stuff and using it....hrmmmm!

*lol*

This.is.AMAZING! I have yet to place my first order because I want to order EVERYTHING. I just tried vaping for the first time yesterday with a disposable and i'm hooked. I have a feeling my collection will look like yours very soon haha

P.S. How are you liking the vapor couture? I saw it online last night...its so pretty =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread