Hi, I'm new - having troubles with my vape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinnerCole

Sep 23, 2021
Hey guys, So i bought a smok Alien ages ago and it came with the V8 Baby tank (I have been using the Q2 (0.4ohm) coils) and it really is not faring well with the juices I buy.
All of the juices I enjoy on other people's vapes are 70/30 and always taste great, however on my machine they always taste terrible and end up frying the coils so quickly.

What tank should I go for? I'm wanting nice clouds and nice flavour, but also a certain degree of longevity on the coils.

I've also noticed that if I want to just take a short hit from the vape every now and then, it tastes incredibly burnt, even with well primed, new coils inside - however on the deeper and longer hits is where I only get the flavour desired.

Any and all help is very much so appreciated, thank you <3

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Hey guys, So i bought a Smok Alien ages ago and it came with the V8 Baby Tank (I have been using the Q2 (0.4ohm) coils) and it really is not faring well with the juices I buy.

There are a variety of other coils that are also compatible with that tank. Just a couple of them that 2 of my friends use are the Eleaf HW coils (they come in several different ohms) and the Geek Vape IM1 coils. Of those 2, they both like the Geek Vape IM1 coils the best.

Also, when you say your eliquids are 70/30...do you mean 70PG/30VG or 70VG/30PG?

Forgot to ask this, too: Are you vaping at a wattage that is within the recommended wattage range for your Q2 0.4ohm coils? Or somewhere near that range?

SinnerCole

Sep 23, 2021
There are a variety of other coils that are also compatible with that tank. Just a couple of them that 2 of my friends use are the Eleaf HW coils (they come in several different ohms) and the Geek Vape IM1 coils. Of those 2, they both like the Geek Vape IM1 coils the best.

Also, when you say your eliquids are 70/30...do you mean 70PG/30VG or 70VG/30PG?

Forgot to ask this, too: Are you vaping at a wattage that is within the recommended wattage range for your Q2 0.4ohm coils? Or somewhere near that range?
HI thank you for the reply!! 70VG and 30PG are the juices and yeah I'm vaping at the mid point of their recommended min and maximum, have had to switch the vape into soft mode rather than Medium/Hard and it's only saving me an extra day at most on not having the coil burn out on me :(

Just looking for a great tank to replace it that has possibly mesh coils that won't die out on me as fast as these baby ones do

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Is this tank compatible with the Smok Alien? Also would I be alright to ask how much longer of a lifetime you are getting out of your coils :)
Yes its compatible and I get two weeks or better from a fireluke mesh coil. I use. 20 ohm coils at 55-56 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread