Hi, Less Clouds Plz? Exp Vaper Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8fulnfree

Jan 23, 2020
Thanks for the welcome!
I actually just have a couple of questions and feel like I may be the only vaper who specifically wants LESS clouds! lol

Ive done searches but mostly everyone wants MORE clouds. I am wanting to know if there is a simple answer to this? I have a vapresso revenger and one other brand new similar mod in box still, plus a smok stick/prince tank that I dont use much. I have been using the GT core mesh coils for this (vapresso) mod bc they seem to last longer. But Im trying to reduce clouds as I moved to ID and live in an apt with another person who doesnt really like it. Since we dont have central ventilation except a ceiling fan/cracked windows, then the clouds seem to hover longer and fog the windows unlike my last apt w/central air and heat.

2nd, I happened to see on one of the threads that there is a potential ban coming in May?? Seems ppl are stocking up or whatever or planning to stop? I dont stay up on all this info nor am I a know-it-all about vaping...far from it, Ive vaped for 3+ years, I buy my mods, I buy my juice flavor and coils and thats it. Im pretty simple when it comes to that, havent really spent the time to get to know all the ins/outs about vaping or listened to all the media and/or rumors ppl say about bans and deaths and all that.

Maybe I should get more legitimately informed but thus far I havent. If they do the ban, is it just on certain type mods and nicotine for mixing privately solely or will they still be selling juice at a 3mg or 6mg? I was smoking 6mg but ive had juices that are 3mg as well and im truly fine with either...heck, id prolly be fine with zero so long as it was vanilla...Id prefer that over stopping completely??

Sorry this is so long and also sorry if I sound like a completely ignorant vaper. I probably should get much more informed, starting NOW lol...Anything you can advise or help answer would be more appreciated then you know.

Thanks so much!
Gr8ful

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Hi and welcome.

All I can think to suggest is using a mouth to lung tank like a Zenith with a 1.6 ohm coil, using 50/50 PG/VG juice, running the rig at around 8 watts and closing down the air intakes - which won't create mega clouds.

If you are looking for a discrete vaping device then pods or a Juul might be worth investigating.

Failing all that, treat vaping as an Outdoor Sport!

Others'll be along shortly with other/better ideas...

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I'll agree with @Falconeer regarding the MTL procedure, and the 50/50 ratio. I'd add too that the higher the PG (and likewise lower the VG) equals less clouds.

As far as the 'Vape Apocalypse', see this article and browse thru these threads, some or all which you are already familiar with. The first thread is rather lengthy, and the other ones are quite a bit of reading as well. You have 109 days to read it all though.. :eek:

Judge moves PMTA deadline to May 2020; praises FDA, criticises industry - ECigIntelligence

Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

The Final Count Down -- Are You Ready?

Are you done stocking up?

Who here is not stocking up in preparation for the May 12th, 2020 Deadline?

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2009
    Nor'Eastern PA
    mjHJuAF.png

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I may be the only vaper who specifically wants LESS clouds
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    "Standard or "higher" Ohm coils:
    Creates less heat at the coil which can create "less" vapor.
    Provides cooler vapor
    Will drain the battery slower
    Uses less liquid"
    re; What Ohms should I choose?
    The above was posted years ago prior to sub ohm'g and is still true. A few additional factors can effect amount of clouds:
    Number of seconds when inhaling e liquid.
    PG percentage present in the e liquid (unflavored PG max).
    Type of flavor (flavorless vs most types of flavors).
    More air introduced to the vape intake.
    Drip tip opening.
    The lower the power (watt/volt) setting.
    To a lesser extent:
    Where (conditions surrounding/climate) vaping.
    Coil Life/condition.
    wick type.
    re:
    Invisible Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Cartridges | White Cloud

Last edited:

Gr8fulnfree

Jan 23, 2020
    Hi to everyone who responded...Here's a big thank you to all of you! :thumbs:

Everyone provided info that I clearly need to investigate and pay more attention to! I'm embarrassed :eek:to say that I don't even know what a MTL tank is, however, Ill definitely find out. As far as ohms, the GT mesh is 0.18 rated for 50-85 watts so, seems I need to get that way lower huh? I mean I'm thinking the throat hit is going to be non existent with 8 watts right? Dang, I may be asking too much to get a great throat hit without clouds LOL maybe thats just not possible. :confused:

Anyway, I just need to check out everything you guys said and also I need to start with my mod's instruction manual to even see if I have the watts/heat settings even close. 3rd I will pay further attention to the VG/PG content (I think what I usually get is 65/35 but need to confirm that too) then order the 50/50. I don't think there is a custom shop here like in my last town to get vanilla mixed like I want, so not sure ill be able to find a juice that I have that option bc I'm so picky with flavor. Seems vanilla is one of the flavors that manufactures are removing for some reason bc I've been through 5 online stores in the last 7 months trying to find 'vanilla"! So simple, yet hard to find! My current flavor is Custard Cookie by "Sad Boy", but I just looked and they don't even put the percentages on the bottle so obviously I seriously need to investigate that bc that doesn't seem right??

Again, thanks to you all and I will definitely research all of your suggestions!
    Hope you all have a great weekend! :D
    Gr8ful

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    MTL means "mouth to lung"... it's similar to how you smoke a cigarette. Draw into your mouth first, then inhale into lungs (as opposed to DL... direct lung) Generally, MTL means less vapor and lower watts and DL means more vapor (clouds) and more watts. With MTL you use higher nic level... DL less (because you are getting way more vapor) Your "mod" is just the battery part... the "atomizer" is the tank part. You can use any tank with your mod (if you use the correct watts) TH (throat hit) is increased with stronger nic and/or more PG (mostly the nic) There are many many juices available online (and WAY CHEAPER than vape shops!) Many vape shops tend to automatically sell people a kit (mod/tank) for "cloud chucking" which is totally messed up for beginners or people quitting tobacco. Don't buy anything just yet... you will get great advice here (and we can help you find good deals)

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    By and large an MTL Tank ( Mouth to Lung - you work it like a cigarette, you fill your mouth with vaour then inhale it. Best technique I have found is like smoking a pipe, draw in for a count of four, hold vapour in the mouth or lungs for four and slowly exhale for a count of four ) has a more restricted draw and uses coils rated above 1.00 Ohm - often 1.6 - 1.8 Ohms.

Again by and large using such a tank you'd be filling it with 16 -18 nic strength liquid and maybe running it at around 8 -12 watts.

Such a tank and tecnique provides a prettty satisfactory nic hit but does not offer massive clouds. Throat hit can be improved further by using a liquid with some menthol in the mix.

In a liquid for vaping PG provides the throat hit and VG provides the visible vapour, makes the clouds if you will.

Hope this helps flesh out your knowledge, and all the best!

Gr8fulnfree

Jan 23, 2020
    MTL means "mouth to lung"... it's similar to how you smoke a cigarette. Draw into your mouth first, then inhale into lungs (as opposed to DL... direct lung) Generally, MTL means less vapor and lower watts and DL means more vapor (clouds) and more watts. With MTL you use higher nic level... DL less (because you are getting way more vapor) Your "mod" is just the battery part... the "atomizer" is the tank part. You can use any tank with your mod (if you use the correct watts) TH (throat hit) is increased with stronger nic and/or more PG (mostly the nic) There are many many juices available online (and WAY CHEAPER than vape shops!) Many vape shops tend to automatically sell people a kit (mod/tank) for "cloud chucking" which is totally messed up for beginners or people quitting tobacco. Don't buy anything just yet... you will get great advice here (and we can help you find good deals)
    Thank you so much! I do totally feel like a ding dong, I really am not, just have not spent the time researching it. Ive been doing it a long while and I think im spoiled with the DL bc now to try MTL its just not satisfying. I actually had a pen style mod still in box and after reading some of this I opened it and charged and OOHH nooo...so not satisfying...so I think Im ruined. I used to smoke years ago but i cant stand it now, and dont prefer to inhale into my mouth then lung..it feels super weird. Im just going to have to stick with this mod I have and see if I can play around with a higher Ohm and see if that produces less clouds along with a 50/50 juice and go from there...if not, hey it is what it is, I guess I can certainly say now that I prefer a DL over MTL at least based on the pen mod I had and tried. It certainly feels like its for beginners, maybe its too cheap and I should check out other MTL's. IDK. I have alot going on right now so have not had alot of time to research all the info Ive recvd thus far, but I am taking it all in and I appreciate everyones suggestions! Thank you sooo much! :)

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    DL had that effect on me. Once I got the hang of it, it's all I want from my vape. Throat hit isn't as important to me as just getting nic fix. I'm using mesh coils at .13 to .15 ohms on a fireluke 2 and it's a fairly open draw. To minimize clouds, I just hit it for a shorter duration with airflow cut to half open. If I want to make cumulus formations in the living room, I'll hit it longer and harder. Either way, at 6mg, I get nicotine. I own and use pods too, but I can DL hit them if I want to. It's hard on the coils to do that much though and I use high nic levels in pods so a good hard DL on the pods at 50mg levels could almost make a buzzard puke. But seriously, if you want minimal clouds, a high nic pod is a good choice. The Caliburn is a decent refillable pod and has mesh coils available. I had a smok novo2 and thought it was decent too till it lived up to the smok name and died in about a month and a half.

• Informative
    Reactions: Gr8fulnfree

mrwalker

Moved On
    Jan 15, 2020
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Spam

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    It certainly feels like its for beginners, maybe its too cheap and I should check out other MTL's.
    I really think you need to try a better MTL tank. I had an Evod once and hated it, but I love my Nautilus X tank with 1.8 ohm coils (and it has airflow adjust so I can get the looser airflow I like) Here's a great deal on those tanks (get a couple at that price):
    Aspire Nautilus X Tank
    It comes with 1.5 ohm coils, but if you like the tank, get some of the 1.8 ohm coils (they just work/taste better)

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Thank you so much! I do totally feel like a ding dong, I really am not, just have not spent the time researching it. Ive been doing it a long while and I think im spoiled with the DL bc now to try MTL its just not satisfying. I actually had a pen style mod still in box and after reading some of this I opened it and charged and OOHH nooo...so not satisfying...so I think Im ruined. I used to smoke years ago but i cant stand it now, and dont prefer to inhale into my mouth then lung..it feels super weird. Im just going to have to stick with this mod I have and see if I can play around with a higher Ohm and see if that produces less clouds along with a 50/50 juice and go from there...if not, hey it is what it is, I guess I can certainly say now that I prefer a DL over MTL at least based on the pen mod I had and tried. It certainly feels like its for beginners, maybe its too cheap and I should check out other MTL's. IDK. I have alot going on right now so have not had alot of time to research all the info Ive recvd thus far, but I am taking it all in and I appreciate everyones suggestions! Thank you sooo much! :)

Your solution may well work and I hope it does. One other tip I would suggest is to hold the vapor in your lungs for a long time. You will be surprised at how little vapor is exhaled if you will do this. Also, increase the PG content of your juice. It will reduce the clouds and increase the throat hit. I read a tip tonight about blowing the vapor down instead of up. I haven't tried it, but it's worth a shot I think.

As for the vapocalypse, the "deeming regulations" kick in on 5/12/2020. No one knows 100% what that will mean, so I choose to prepare for the worst. The government seems determined to put an end to vaping so I am stocking up on everything I need to vape the way I want to vape for the rest of my life. I advise you to stock up on replaceable battery mods, RTAs, 100 mg./ml. nicotine. You still have a little time to learn how to make juice. It is easy and super cheap. There are plenty of posters here who will help you every step of the way.

Best of luck to you.

Reactions: Gr8fulnfree

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I'm a dripper, tried & true. And, believe it or not, there are/were plenty of MTL dripping atomizers.
    Tanks have come a long ways, and Innoken makes some good MTL tanks. You might like the "Zlide". Zlide 2/4ml Tank – A Better Vape Experience

add:
    Watch the videos at the bottom of the Zlide video for proper wattage.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread