Hi! New member that needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezi

Jan 24, 2021
Hi! Been vaping for a little while now, started off with the Uwell KOKO caliburn and recently upgraded to the smok rpm40 kit. Tonight I was carrying a few items including my vape and accidentally held down on the button without realising (I had no vape juice in as I was just about to fill it up but was getting out the car) it ended up smoking and produced a really bad burning smell so I gathered I burnt out the coil... Just got home and thought ok let me change the coil and see if it works but it’s still producing that foul burnt smell and taste I tried changing the whole pod but even that hasn’t had an impact. Have I completely buggered the whole vape, will I have to buy a whole new one or is there a way I can fix it?! Pls pls pls need help. Many thanks!

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Hell's bells it aint easy when you're new and disaster strikes!

Right - I'd try tipping out the juice, refilling the thing and PRIMING the new coil - i.e pouring some juice into any holes in the sides of it and into the top centre of the coil then leaving it for about 10 minutes till you see bubbles coming up the tank - then ...and this is going to cost you money -

When the vape shops open in the morning I'd go out and buy, or do it online, something like anything by Innokin like say a Kroma kit with a Zenith or Zlide atty.

I'd resolve never to buy anything Smok ever again as their quality control isn't the best in the business.

Why Innokin? Because in 5 + years experience of vaping, I've found that the coils in the set up, I mentioned, will withstand a dry hit and come back to good life after like nothing else in the market

I'm sure others will be along soon with more advice but that's my tuppence worth!

Last edited:

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
When you replaced the pod, did you switch the coil again or stick with the previous coil? Burning out a coil shouldn't destroy the device, though it can certainly contaminate the pod.

A fresh pod, coil and juice, all replaced at the same time, should sort things out. If you've already done that and it didn't work, I'm afraid I'm stumped.

Reactions: Falconeer

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi! Been vaping for a little while now, started off with the Uwell KOKO caliburn and recently upgraded to the SMOK rpm40 kit. Tonight I was carrying a few items including my vape and accidentally held down on the button without realising (I had no vape juice in as I was just about to fill it up but was getting out the car) it ended up smoking and produced a really bad burning smell so I gathered I burnt out the coil... Just got home and thought ok let me change the coil and see if it works but it’s still producing that foul burnt smell and taste I tried changing the whole pod but even that hasn’t had an impact. Have I completely buggered the whole vape, will I have to buy a whole new one or is there a way I can fix it?! Pls pls pls need help. Many thanks!

Of course, the Coil Head is Toast. But it sounds like the Pod is wacked also.

I did something Similar to what You did years ago. And it was a Nightmare to get that Burnt Taste out of it. And that was a SS RTA with a Glass Tank. I could see where a Plastic Pod might be Impossible to clean after a major Dry Burn.

Reactions: Falconeer

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi! Been vaping for a little while now, started off with the Uwell KOKO caliburn and recently upgraded to the SMOK rpm40 kit. Tonight I was carrying a few items including my vape and accidentally held down on the button without realising (I had no vape juice in as I was just about to fill it up but was getting out the car) it ended up smoking and produced a really bad burning smell so I gathered I burnt out the coil... Just got home and thought ok let me change the coil and see if it works but it’s still producing that foul burnt smell and taste I tried changing the whole pod but even that hasn’t had an impact. Have I completely buggered the whole vape, will I have to buy a whole new one or is there a way I can fix it?! Pls pls pls need help. Many thanks!

BTW - Welcome to the ECF.

• Agree
Reactions: Kezi

borno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2019
land of pleasant living
My first vape was a rpm 40, and it still works well after a year and a half. If you can't wash the smell out, the pods are pretty cheap. I like the mechlyfe rpm rba rebuildable coil for salt nik. in mine.

Kezi

Jan 24, 2021
So I ended up playing around with it for hours, I did change the whole pod and coil and I think I may have fixed the problem but that burning smell is still somewhat lingering but it’s definitely not as bad as it was before lol.
Thank you for your help! Much appreciated
When you replaced the pod, did you switch the coil again or stick with the previous coil? Burning out a coil shouldn't destroy the device, though it can certainly contaminate the pod.

A fresh pod, coil and juice, all replaced at the same time, should sort things out. If you've already done that and it didn't work, I'm afraid I'm stumped.

Kezi

Jan 24, 2021
Honestly I was so angry at myself since I’ve only had it for about a week lol But ended up changing the pod and letting it sit for a while and I think I may have fixed the problem thankfully!

Of course, the Coil Head is Toast. But it sounds like the Pod is wacked also.

I did something Similar to what You did years ago. And it was a Nightmare to get that Burnt Taste out of it. And that was a SS RTA with a Glass Tank. I could see where a Plastic Pod might be Impossible to clean after a major Dry Burn.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Honestly I was so angry at myself since I’ve only had it for about a week lol But ended up changing the pod and letting it sit for a while and I think I may have fixed the problem thankfully!

I bet you were Pretty Mad.

But we have All done something like that. Or had some Mishap that is Funny Today. But was Not so Funny then.

LOL

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Pls pls pls need help. Many thanks
Welcome and glad you joined.
I may have fixed the problem thankfully!
Could contact:
Local B&M Vape Shop (Visit)/someone who knows what their doing -----Might be simple.
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.
Definitely worth a look at:
The ECF Troubleshooting Guide - Revision 3

• Informative
Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread