The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hi. New member.

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by odd little man, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. odd little man

odd little man Full Member Verified Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Texas
    Howdie Ya'll! I joined up about a week ago and just worked up the nerve to post. I'm 47 days tobacco free after 20+ years smoking. I currently reside in the lone star state. I have really enjoyed reading through the threads and was amazed with the pictures of the vape set ups some of the members are using. I've never felt like such a newb before.

2. DoMortas

DoMortas Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2014
    NY
    Hi and welcome! Congrats of kicking the stinkys! No need to worry about posting or asking questions here, very friendly community and lots of collective knowledge! And most importantly, we all share the same love for vapping!

3. Feraloxide

Feraloxide Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2014
    Buffalo, NY, USA
  4. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

Aww no reason to be shy here. We all started out new. ;)
    Welcome to the forum and don't be afraid to speak. :)

5. DoMortas

Apr 7, 2014
    NY
    Lol! And yet another reason to not type and walk through the store at the same time.

6. DoMortas

Apr 7, 2014
    NY
    Edited for fat fingered typing on my phone lol

7. odd little man

Mar 30, 2014
    Texas
    Thanks DoMortas. I do love the vaping and have seen that this is a very knowledgeable community. And very willing to share what the have learned. Happy to be a part of the group. :)

8. cbrite

cbrite Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    All of us started where you are. Everyone here is terrific and always ready and willing to help with any info you need to help you enjoy all the great things that go with vaping vs all the not so great ones that go with smoking. Welcome!:toast:

9. odd little man

Mar 30, 2014
    Texas
    Lord. I type so slow. I had to laugh at all the posts that have hit in the time it took me to post that last reply. Thanks for they warm welcome ya'll! I'll try to not be shy here.

10. ElConquistador

ElConquistador Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2013
    Oklahoma
    47 days smoke free ain't nothin' to sneeze at! Welcome.

11. odd little man

Mar 30, 2014
    Texas
    Yeah. I am so glad I gave vaping a try. I had just about given up hope on ever getting rid of that nasty habit. The first couple of weeks I still wanted to light up just out of shear habit but that part has gotten much better. And I have found the vaping community to be very welcoming to new converts. Both on here and in my local shops.

12. kgevans

kgevans Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 6, 2014
    Oklahoma
    I am tobacco clean for only 7 days. I learned that even with the vaping assistance, it still taking some willpower. Congratulations on 47.

13. odd little man

Mar 30, 2014
    Texas
    I feel your pain. The first couple of weeks really sucked. They say it takes 40 days to break a habit and it has gotten a lot easier the last couple of weeks. So don't give up. Vape on Brother!

14. Rat2chat2

Rat2chat2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2013
    Fantasy Island
    Welcome and congrats. Yes it can be almost overwhelming there is so much to read and learn at the beginning. But you have come to the right place. Someone always here to help you and answer anything. I have been so lucky to have met some wonderful people here. Good luck to you and happy vaping.

15. stevetalk1

stevetalk1 Moved On

Apr 8, 2014
    USA
    hi and Welcome! I'm new on here as well

16. AndriaD

AndriaD Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    "Odd Little Man" huh? Well you can't be my husband, he hasn't smoked in 40 yrs. :lol: And he lives here in GA with me! :D But he's definitely an odd little man, no question about that. :thumb:

My first two weeks I was so euphoric to be not smoking, and not climbing the walls, it felt pretty easy. When the third week hit, I went thru that "3's phase", really depressed for about a week. That passed, and I was back to delighted to be smoke-free and NOT craving. I hate to think what the addiction has in store for me at 3 months, but I'm actually kinda looking forward to it; I quit cold-turkey one time and made it for 3 months before I gave in to the suffering and started smoking again. When I hit 3 months this time, with all this NOT suffering going on, I think I'll be pretty much home free -- as long as I keep vaping! :D

Glad you stopped lurking and decided to join in on the fun. :thumb: But welcome anyway, even if you have been lurking here for a while -- we didn't know it! :D

Andria

17. StephenMulkey

StephenMulkey Senior Member ECF Veteran

Welcome to ECF friend. Congratz on kicking the analogs. Keep on vaping on brother.

18. Peepaw

Peepaw Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2014
    Warner Robins, Ga USA
    Welcome to ECF Jeff. I can call Odd Little Man that because he happens to be my son in law. He's not as odd as his title might imply, but don't tell him I said that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.