Hi! New to ECF...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mscaroline

Feb 23, 2018
Hi...my name is Erin. I'm new to ECF... I started vaping about 11 months ago. Started out with a TPriv, and Baby Beast 3mg nic. I purchased a JUUL 6 weeks ago, and have since kicked the analogs. Pods are expensive, so I bought a Suorin Air to run Salts in. I have pretty much lost interest in Sub-Ohming. I also own a TFV12 Prince, and a IJOY Combo RDTA...<<something is wrong with that tank though. Can't get claptons, or even single wraps to stay at a consistent OHM read. I am loving Nicotine Salts, and MTL vaping at low wattage. After doing some research online...looking for a mouth to lung tank that is for salts. I purchased a NABUKI from House of Hybrids...just waiting on it to come in the mail. Really Excited to try this device out. The Nicotine Salts I've bought are:
Naked 100 Lava Flow 50mg: 7/10 good flavor
Naked 100 Frost Bite 50 mg:8/10 taste like bubblegum with a menthol on exhale
Level Up Mango Salts(higher nic): 5/10 Ok flavor, think I might need to let this one steep
Mr Salt E Cotton Candy 45mg: 6/10 Tastes like Cotton Candy :)
Waiting on a bottle of Saltybird coming with the Nabuki....
ANY SUGGESTIONS OF GREAT NIC SALT juice WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED?
I enjoy fruity flavors, fruit loops, cereal and milk...etc...
Also anyone else experienced issues with IJoy Combo RDTA2? Suggestions?Even the guys at vape shop can't figure out why it jumps around on the ohms...
Thanks Guys!

Erin Caroline

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. Enjoy the Nabuki; it's top of the line. As to the Combo RDTA, how much do the ohms jump around? Some is natural as it is in the nature of coils (actually, metals: all metals conduct electricity, and all conductors vary their resistance to current directly with temperature) to increase resistance as they heat up from vaping. If it's more than a few tenths of an ohm, of if it goes both up and down, quickly, I'd suspect a bad post screw or a loose connection somewhere.

mscaroline

Feb 23, 2018
Hi and welcome. Enjoy the Nabuki; it's top of the line. As to the Combo RDTA, how much do the ohms jump around? Some is natural as it is in the nature of coils (actually, metals: all metals conduct electricity, and all conductors vary their resistance to current directly with temperature) to increase resistance as they heat up from vaping. If it's more than a few tenths of an ohm, of if it goes both up and down, quickly, I'd suspect a bad post screw or a loose connection somewhere.
It'll jump from .25 up to .75 at its height. When I had Catepillar Coils in it...it would go from .5 to 1.95. So I then tried fused claptons...and finally 22g Nichrome. Im really excited about the Nabuki OTW, never owned a mech mod. Grateful I picked up a JUUL, and was able to put down the analogs after 16 years. Gonna get some wire tomorrow and try to fiddle with my Combo again. Thanks for the input!:)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Hi...my name is Erin. I'm new to ECF... I started vaping about 11 months ago. Started out with a TPriv, and Baby Beast 3mg nic. I purchased a JUUL 6 weeks ago, and have since kicked the analogs. Pods are expensive, so I bought a Suorin Air to run Salts in. I have pretty much lost interest in Sub-Ohming. I also own a TFV12 Prince, and a IJOY Combo RDTA...<<something is wrong with that tank though. Can't get claptons, or even single wraps to stay at a consistent OHM read. I am loving Nicotine Salts, and MTL Vaping at low wattage. After doing some research online...looking for a mouth to lung tank that is for salts. I purchased a NABUKI from House of Hybrids...just waiting on it to come in the mail. Really Excited to try this device out. The Nicotine Salts I've bought are:
Naked 100 Lava Flow 50mg: 7/10 good flavor
Naked 100 Frost Bite 50 mg:8/10 taste like bubblegum with a menthol on exhale
Level Up Mango Salts(higher nic): 5/10 Ok flavor, think I might need to let this one steep
Mr Salt E Cotton Candy 45mg: 6/10 Tastes like Cotton Candy :)
Waiting on a bottle of Saltybird coming with the Nabuki....
ANY SUGGESTIONS OF GREAT NIC SALT JUICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED?
I enjoy fruity flavors, fruit loops, cereal and milk...etc...
Also anyone else experienced issues with IJoy Combo RDTA2? Suggestions?Even the guys at vape shop can't figure out why it jumps around on the ohms...
Thanks Guys!

Erin Caroline

Congrats on quitting smoking and welcome to the forum! I don’t know a thing about nic salts since I use regular nic for my mixing but
@stols001 knows quite a bit about nic salts so she may be able to help you out.

mscaroline

Feb 23, 2018
Congrats on quitting smoking and welcome to the forum! I don’t know a thing about nic salts since I use regular nic for my mixing but
@stols001 knows quite a bit about nic salts so she may be able to help you out.
Thanks! Yeah... Any input would be greatly appreciated! ♥️

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
It'll jump from .25 up to .75 at its height. When I had Catepillar Coils in it...it would go from .5 to 1.95. So I then tried fused claptons...and finally 22g Nichrome. Im really excited about the Nabuki OTW, never owned a mech mod. Grateful I picked up a JUUL, and was able to put down the analogs after 16 years. Gonna get some wire tomorrow and try to fiddle with my Combo again. Thanks for the input!:)
That's too much for thermal differentiation at vaping temps. My bet is loose connection. And check the insulator between the center contact pin and the atty body.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    First time that I'm hearing someone using the Nabuki on the ecf. I'm sure that its built well, but wow, running a sub-ohm factory coil on a hybrid with a 18490??What does it mean that it's modified to run salts? Different chimney / af? Weird stuff.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    First time that I'm hearing someone using the Nabuki on the ecf. I'm sure that its built well, but wow, running a sub-ohm factory coil on a hybrid with a 18490??What does it mean that it's modified to run salts? Different chimney / af? Weird stuff.
    I am not an expert in the MTL regime, R7, but unless I am mistaken the N/Kabuki tanks run +ohm coils; those for the Nautilus if memory serves.

mscaroline

Feb 23, 2018
    Heres a description of the Nabuki from House of Hybrids website:
    Subuki & Nabuki New Generation Hybrids
    I have grown to love the salts, and was researching different tanks ie: Nautilus 2, Nicholas Vapefly, Innokin Zenith, then came across the Kabuki....and eventually saw the Nabuki. Kabuki is almost $100, Nabuki is $130 but is a tank and mech PV...HOH told me it runs at about 16 watts then gradually dies down as battery dies. I'll post a review once I get it in. KABUKI has great reviews....am hoping its hybrid for salts is just as much of a winner.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    .7 Nautilus, as well as 1.6, and 1.8....can also use Triton Mini Coils I believe
    Hhhmmm... What battery does it take? I note the website offers three different tubes; 18350, 18490 and 18650. I ask because a .7Ω coil at 4.2V (full charge battery) will draw 6 amps at 25 watts. That's a lot to ask from a 350 or even a 490 battery, although a good quality 20A 650 would handle it with ease. You may want to go up to the 1.2Ω coil, which would put you in the 15W range of a fresh battery at 3.5 amps and would be safe with all the tubes.

Either way, once you get the amp loading fixed, I'm sure you'll love the mod. I have a HoH DX650 that's one of my prized possessions. I would love one of their toppers too, but they only make MTL gear.

Reactions: stols001

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Heres a description of the Nabuki from House of Hybrids website:
    Subuki & Nabuki New Generation Hybrids
    I have grown to love the salts, and was researching different tanks ie: Nautilus 2, Nicholas Vapefly, Innokin Zenith, then came across the Kabuki....and eventually saw the Nabuki. Kabuki is almost $100, Nabuki is $130 but is a tank and mech PV...HOH told me it runs at about 16 watts then gradually dies down as battery dies. I'll post a review once I get it in. KABUKI has great reviews....am hoping its hybrid for salts is just as much of a winner.
    Do you understand that a Hybrid is a certain type of mechanical mod? It'd be good to learn the difference and how to operate it safely. There are many threads on Hybrids from years past, if you wish to use the search feature here on the ecf.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread