Hi! New to Ecigs need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Meh, I'd rather you not get her a cigalike (cigarette sized battery device) if you want her to be successful in quiting. They don't perform very well because of the small battery size and are very expensive in the long run when compared to other vaping devices.

A marked improvement would be an eGo battery setup; uses a larger battery for better and longer performance and not that much larger than a cigalike. Would be even better if she got a "mod" which use even larger batteries and perform much better than a cigalike or eGo. (Of course, they don't look anything like a cigarette, either.)

images
cigalike
proxy.php
Ego battery setup
upload_2017-12-19_16-50-2-jpeg.706943
mod setup

maxresdefault.jpg

Disposable cigalike

If you want her to just try vaping and not spend a whole lot of money, find a disposable ecig like an NJoy disposable. Gas stations and convenience stores sell them. If she says its not too bad, spend the bucks to get her a decent vaping setup. If she doesn't like it, then you haven't wasted that much money.

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper
  • Typical starter setups recommended for a new vaper.
Does she even want to quit smoking? Because if she doesn't want to quit then you might as well be talking to a wall.
1ioarb.jpg

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Some great info Thanks @BaditudeYes she does certainly want to quit but has failed in the past and is unsure ecigs will help. So i may see if i can pick up some of those disposable ones first.
I failed to quit smoking using nicotine substitutes like the gum, patches, prescription drugs, and hypnosis on multiple attempts. I was able to quit after one week of using an e-cigarette.

Smoking is more than just a physical addiction to nicotine, as I and your mother has found out. There's a strong "behavioral" component involved. With vaping, the hand-to-mouth and inhaling/exhaling behaviors are replicated where the other methods fail, so it makes the transition easier.

There is often a learning curve involved when transitioning from smoking to vaping. Have her take gentler draws with the vaping device than what she is used to while smoking. She may cough, but this is usually temporary until she makes the transition. Remind her she likely coughed when she first began to smoke, but that was temporary.

Last edited:

K-9s

Apr 12, 2018
Georgia
Hey, @Jimmy129

I am pretty new to this and smoked for decades. Blu was usable, but was never good enough to replace cigarettes. I asked your same question a few weeks ago and tried a couple of things out that work better for me than Blu. I was desperate enough to want to quit that I ordered a couple of options. The Suorin Air is really small and works very well for me at work. However, the replacement cartridges are not cheap. On a whim, I also ordered the little iCare 2 and it is pretty good & small for the cheap price (less than $14 if you use 10% off coupon MFS10 and the coils are about $6 for 5 pack iCare 2 Starter Kit by Eleaf). I would strongly advise you to consider the Innokin products T22 (about $30) or the Kroma with Zenith tank (about $40) if you want to give your mom the best chance to kick the habit.

Gratch

Jul 9, 2017
Hi Jimmy and welcome. I started on vaping when my sister got me a nicolites disposable ecig from tescos. It was ok for a while but i found the price of the carts a bit expensive so i started smoking again. Then i found it and thought hmm can i refill these. Yes you can. Most kind of disposable ecig carts can be refilled so maybe get one of the cig like ones and a boittle of ejuice. Keeps the price down at the start :)

Jimmy129

Apr 27, 2018
Hi Jimmy and welcome. I started on vaping when my sister got me a nicolites disposable ecig from tescos. It was ok for a while but i found the price of the carts a bit expensive so i started smoking again. Then i found it and thought hmm can i refill these. Yes you can. Most kind of disposable ecig carts can be refilled so maybe get one of the cig like ones and a boittle of ejuice. Keeps the price down at the start :)

Thanks i will have a look tomorrow

Never seen them in Tesco, are they behind the cigarette / lottery counter?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi Jimmy,
    I quit using the innokin endura t18. Its pen like device, but a step up from aio's like the icare and disposables. Something even better out now is the innokin jem/goby kit. I found innokin great as they had a tiny mouthpiece like a cigarette and the vaping action was similar to smoking.

These sort of setups let you use different flavoured eliquid easily, and your only ongoing costs are the price of eliquid bottles - as opposed to having to get cartridges etc.

michaelgraves

Apr 27, 2018
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Spamming for post count - Please stop

LewisW295

ECF Veteran
    Jun 21, 2015
    South Glamorgan, Wales
    I don't think they sell those NJOY disposable in UK but hopefully will be able to find similar
    We have a variety of these in the UK under various brands. They're all .... to be honest.

Thanks i will have a look tomorrow

Never seen them in Tesco, are they behind the cigarette / lottery counter?

Don't waste your time with the cigalikes. As stated above, eGo style batteries will be much better. I quit first time with an eGo and I still use them amongst my various devices today. It sits right there next to my overly complicated (don't shoot!) RSA and a fill and go subohm tank. Worth every penny spent on it.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    was just looking at these which seem to have good reviews
    Innokin-Endura-T22E

£19 amazon
    Yeah the t22 e is great. I upgraded to it for the better battery life - lasts twice as long as the t18. Be a fantastic choice for mum :)

K-9s

Apr 12, 2018
    Georgia
    was just looking at these which seem to have good reviews
    Innokin-Endura-T22E

£19 amazon

Make sure that is ACTUALLY a T22. Amazon doesn't sell anything vape except "skins" for the T22 here. I almost made that mistake last week. Can you post or PM a link so we can help you check? That is a very good price!

Maybe Amazon does sell those in UK? (Looks like they might, but check twice to be sure.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread