Status
Not open for further replies.

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
Hi to all,
I joined a few days ago and have been reading the forum avidly since then.
I decided to get the Janty stick and the dura C, which i received today without major complications.
I also ordered a few liquids as well as accessories.
I am a heavy smoker about 2 packs of analog camel wides a day.

I hooked up the janty stick which came with RY4#H ready filled carts.
I took a few deep inhales, and this stick thing literally knocked my socks off.
I'm only voicing an opinion here but these vaping devices seem much stronger than analogs.
The so called hit, was more in my lungs than my throat. It makes me cough loudly every time i inhale. The hit is extremely violent compared to anything i have ever smoked.
Then i felt a tingling sensation all over my body especially in the back of my head and neck.
I think the nicotine went straight to my head. Now i feel like throwing up, I am very nauseated.
This is quite strange since i smoke camel wides which are pretty strong?
Anyway, from the limited experience i have with these devices, they are to be taken seriously.
I will have to take smaller inhales as well.

One thing i have not figured out with the Janty stick and the dura C is that the carts sent to me are bursting with liquid, so how do i try the other e-liquids? These carts are impregnated with the RY4. is there a way to drain them?:confused:

Another strange thing. The USB passthrough has a battery. It will not work without a battery in it.:confused:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
The standard cart that Janty sends is only about 11-12mg. But since every person is different, that indeed may be too high for you.

You can order liquid that is lower in nic content (6-8mg comes to mind).

Are you combining the ecig and smoke one after the other? This may account for it as well.

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
yes thanks for the advice.
I dried the dacron fiber with a hair dryer and now its totally dry.
I think foam would work better as a filler. I will try later with little pieces of foam.
Foam is more permeable than the fiber so it should work just as well.

Another question for you?
Do all passthrough USB devices contain a battery?

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
yes thanks for the advice.
I dried the dacron fiber with a hair dryer and now its totally dry.
I think foam would work better as a filler. I will try later with little pieces of foam.
Foam is more permeable than the fiber so it should work just as well.

Another question for you?
Do all passthrough USB devices contain a battery?

Be careful. Some foam will melt against the atomizer. I use something called Fluval to refill my carts and it works great.

Not all passthroughs have batteries.

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
I did a search of fluval.
It's apparently used in aquarium filters ?
Where do you get this white fiber you call Fluval?

It looks like regular batting fiber (polyester). If fluval is the same, then they sell it everywhere to fill pillows etc.

I agree on the foam, thanks again for the advice.
When foam burns it gives off Cyanide.
I had no idea that the fiber or the foam actually touched the atomizer...

thanks

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
Fluval is the brand name for aquarium filters. They have some polyfill to go in the filter made by Fluval. You can get a bag of polyfil at Walmar for next to nothing that could last years. Either one will work the same. I just rinse the one's that came in the cartridge out with water and dry it with a paper towel and they last a long time too.
And it does have to contact the atomizer. That's how the juice flows into the coil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread