Hi Vapors, today is my 22rd day without cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
Don't get too hung up on what I consider to be small details and don't beat yourself up ever with regard to nicotine intake. I smoked for 30 years and am off the cigs for 13 months. At the end of my smoking I was at 2 packs a day. Started with 24 mg, then 18, down to 12, then 6. After about 2 months on 6 mg I just wasn't feeling right and was chain vaping. Stepped back up to 12. After mentally beating myself up over that, as I felt as if I was doing so well and somehow "failed", I got over it. The important thing here is to get off the cigs.

Reactions: Iron Molly

Game Thrones

May 3, 2016
Mike Geaney, thanks for sharing. You're definitely right, low nic 3mg or 6mg made me a chain vaper, I just got unsatisfied with that nic level. I will try to step back up to 12mg as well.

I just can't stop burping(more like stomach twitch) since last afternoon. Is it to do with vaping? Because I felt much better when I woke up this morning, but after vaping couple of puffs, I again began to burp. Hope I made myself clear. Did anyone get the similar experience?

Jon Snow's Watch

May 2, 2016
I quit cigarettes 22 days ago. People say 21 days is one circle to get rid of a bad habit. I'm here to get more encourages to quit 12-year smoking habit(20 cigarettes per day). I believe I can make it.

The first 2 weeks I vaped Halo 6mg/ml Longhorn which I got from a show. These days I vape 1.5mg/ml Belgian Cocoa.

Am I going to get addictive to Nicotine Ejuice? How can I proceed with my quitting, totally no smoking, no vaping at all. Thanks in advance for your reply. Wish everybody healthy & happy!
Congratulations! I am also at 22 days! Keep reading and connecting here; you will find a lot of help and support!

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
I think that the burping can be caused by the action of drawing vapour into your body, especially on an empty stomach, and especially 1st thing in the morning for some reason. I think the nicotine might play some minor role in it as well, but it's certainly nothing to worry about. ;)

Don't worry about the nicotine too much - it was never the nicotine in tobacco that was the harmful part of it, that was more the 3,999-odd chemicals in the burning smoke that were doing the damage.

As others have pointed out, nicotine isn't that much different from caffeine in it's effects on people, and quite a few studies have shown that nicotine can help with not developing Alzheimer's disease and a few other nasty things.

Also, nicotine was shown to only be highly addictive when ingested with other chemicals found in tobacco smoke - rats given a choice of water with just nicotine alone in it expressed no preference for it over pure water, in fact.

Reactions: Game Thrones

Game Thrones

May 3, 2016
Continuity, thanks for all you put in. I never know nicotine helps keep away from Alzheimer's disease. If my smoker friends know these great information, I guess they will convert to vape without doubts.

The burping thing only happened in the first two weeks, never occur after that. I think my stomach was getting used to the ingredients of juice.

Now I have tried many different juice, most of them are oily or greasy, they make me get tired of them after several weeks. I just can't find a juice that can be a daily vape, something refresh or real natural. Maybe there is no such thing because every juice include PG & VG? I tried a liquid 1 year ago-which they declared it's totally natural herbal concentrate from a tropical Island. They also said it helps clean up your lungs. I did feel refresh, taste like slight menthol. Unfortunately, I forget the maker and didn't find it anywhere. Anyone tried this thing? Some clues will be really appreciated.

Eva123

Multiple ID Suspension
Jul 5, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
If oily and greasy are the two feelings you are getting, then that sounds to me like you might not like the taste/texture of VG all that much.

Many juices these days are high-VG (say 30/70 PG/VG) because people like 'cloudz', and also because there is less of a need for high throat-hit with higher-powered devices (PG provides more throat hit), so you might be one of those people who might benefit from a higher PG ratio juice.

The best way to do this is probably to get into juice DIY, or at least juice modification. You could buy some high-VG juice at a higher nic content, and then thin it out with some bare PG (which you can get huge bottles of for a few bucks) t taste. Most commercial juice is very strongly flavoured, and also PG carries taste better than VG does, so you will be able to maintain good flavour.

Myself, for my ADV Cappuccino, I buy 24mg Cappuccino from onepoundeliquid and dilute it to around 6-9mg with a PG heavy PG/VG mix, and the flavour is plenty strong enough for me. Saves money, too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread