Hi.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillMaticc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2013
Brooklyn, New York
Hey folks, new member here. Been vaping for 38 days now, off analogs for the same, after smoking for 10 years. Before quitting I was a PAD smoker. I started off with an EON Smoke Kit but that didnt work out too well. Then I found a local vape store, VapeNY and here I am.

Now i've got 3 eGo batteries, a few CE4's, a DCT, a Kanger T3, and a drip atty.

There is just a wealth of information on here and I thank all of you who have made so many posts to edumacate us newbies. However, it does get a bit frustrating at times when thinking of upgrading, as there are a variety of great options to upgrade to. I think I will be picking up VV on my next trip.

My only downside to vaping, though i cannot entirely attribute it to vaping, is this insane sore throat ive had for the past two days. No cold/flu/fever or anything just an annoying dry, itchy sore throat. I know, WATER!!! I drink plenty of it, at minimum a gallon per day. But its not deterring me from vaping and i definitely will not go back to analogs.

Stormy1960

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Welcome Stillmat, congratulations on 38 days...I also had a sore throat at first and like you said need to drinks lots of water. You might also look at the pg content in your juice as that was what ended up being the culprit for me. I switched to only vg for awhile and it cleared up. I now vape at 30pg 70vg and have no prob. There is a lot of info on here regarding this seek it out. I found good info in the info zone when I first started re sore throat.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/in...is-my-ecigarette-giving-me-a-sore-throat.html

Last edited:

RooRooBears

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
California
Welcome and congrats on getting your vape on!

Just a few thoughts about your sore throat. If it really is due to your ecig (negating any recent illnesses, allergies, etc.), could possibly be due to either of these 3:

1. Dry hits (make sure your filling material is soaked... be sure to prime!)
2. PG % (decrease the PG and if you start feeling better, there ya go.)
3. VG % (decrease the VG... well, yea, you get the idea)

Whatever the source of the problem is, I definitely hope it leaves you sooner than later. Happy vaping! :vapor:

StillMaticc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2013
Brooklyn, New York
Welcome and congrats on getting your vape on!

Just a few thoughts about your sore throat. If it really is due to your ecig (negating any recent illnesses, allergies, etc.), could possibly be due to either of these 3:

1. Dry hits (make sure your filling material is soaked... be sure to prime!)
2. PG % (decrease the PG and if you start feeling better, there ya go.)
3. VG % (decrease the VG... well, yea, you get the idea)

Whatever the source of the problem is, I definitely hope it leaves you sooner than later. Happy vaping! :vapor:

Thanks. I will give that a try. Any suggestions on a vendor who sells custom PG/VG mixes that also ships fast? Flavors dont really matter for this. I just want to order one 100% PG and 100% VG, and maybe a 50/50 mix to see if any helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread