Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi. My tongue kind of felt sore. I took it back to the shop when it stopped working. The guy said it was the coil and sold me a replacement and spares. Up to that point I didn't know I had to replace the coil!! Someone at work told me I should have known as the liquid would taste burnt, but I've probably destroyed my taste buds from years on the cigs.☺

Your taste buds will return. It takes a while and many vapers go through a bad period of 'bland' taste (vapers tongue) starting a few weeks in. I used Menthol flavours and sickly tobacco mixes (RY4, RY6, caramel or licorice) to get me through.

What shop is it? A general independent e-cig store/vendor or a brand type shop?
Totally Wicked is what I would call a brand shop (or VIP, Vapouriz, or JacVapour).

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Justine, I couldn't taste burnt coils well when I was dual using. Now that I only vape, I can taste the burnt coil, there's really nothing quite like it. Some coils seem to go dead on flavor right before they go burnt... I am so happy to have my tastebuds back (have no fear, they regrow). :) Good luck.

Anna

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. It's perfectly normal to need a coil now and again. How long depends on a number of factors; mostly juice composition and power level. You said "vape pen," so yours probably isn't real powerful. Sweet and thick juices can gunk up a coil. Running the tank dry will do it.

Normally one can tell when to replace a coil because the flavor gets terrible. I mean really bad; burnt tasting. Given your stopped working completely, I suspect the coil wire broke r burnt in two rather than the wick burning from excessive heat. That happens also, but it's usually a manufacturing defect or grossly excessive power.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
A coil only tastes burnt if you actually burn the wick. A dead coil just doesn't work. You will know if you burn coil or get dry hit! Nasty taste. Upgrade as soon as you can. Cruise websites, find a few that appeal to you and come back and ask about them. Somebody will be familiar with them.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
As always @stols001 has some great advice! And even if you destroyed your taste buds like you said, believe me you taste the burntness/rubber taste of a dead coil it's the most disgusting thing ever :p Another trick i've found is that the coil when it starts dying produces much less vapor and the vapor becomes much more hot than it usually is. Idk if it's true for all setups but that's what i've noticed since i started.

Justine..

Aug 26, 2017
Justine...I agree with Anna on the Aspire Zelos...For Brand Name Good Quality Kits these are some of them...
Aspire / Innokin / Kanger / Eleaf / Smok...The Zelos is a "Higher Level" Starter in terms of quality & function...
I'll give Aspire a go. I have seen these in a shop in my town.

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
There Ya' Go !!!...Aspire is very good quality /used by many equipment...If you get the "Zelos" you'll have a very good MTL(Mouth To Lung)device with a great tank included...Or if you get one of their other models I'm sure you'll be happy with that as well...And grab a pack of replacement coils !!!...Trig :thumbs:

Reactions: QcVaper

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

As I like to say. I don't like Aspire very much, but most of their products are really reliable - they are old hands at this e-cig lark.
The Zelos kit is £49.99 in the UK, but you can expect to pay up to £10 more in a shop.
Online, I have seen it for £44.99.

To put this into context. Something like this (only not as high spec) would have been £120+ a few years ago.
I spent over £120 from one UK brand on something worth about £25 in 2013. Total garbage sold with convincing marketing and a taste for ripping people off as standard. I won't shop with them anymore and it upsets me when people still inadvertently recommend them.
So - be careful. Paying a little more is not a problem if the product is good. Too many shops sell junk and sadly a standard 'pen' e-cig costs less than £5/£10 to buy and then goes on sale for, well... the sky is the limit.
This is how greedy brands (not looking too hard in any direction right now) charged $119 for a $29 e-cig not so long ago.

I know the price of most items and can google knowing which shops are worth looking at for which brands. Unfortunately, you won't know that and some of the really nasty shops (who overcharge and offer zero customer support) are featured on the top of a google search.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm Justine from England. Started vaping about 2 week ago and it's going great. I smoked 20 a day for 28 years. I've stopped a few times before but it's never been this easy. I honestly don't miss cigarettes. The only issue I've had is with the coil. I burnt one out after 1 week. Does anyone know if this is normal? I also couldn't tell it needing replacing until my vape pen stopped working. Has anyone any advice on this?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Hang in there, you are in much better shape by choosing a simple vape device. I have listed below a number articles/site that may help you vape with more knowledge.
When to change replaceable coils for your e cigs
UK Forum
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread