Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callumisk

Feb 7, 2019
Hi there, absolute noob with vaping and already have questions!

I'm using a K1 Aspire tank with 1.6 ohm coils (just bought first e-cig I could find) hope I'm not embarrassing myself here!

My question is I've bought 80/20 eliquid and I'm unsure if it would work in my tank, usually by your bog standard bottles from your local shop but wanted to branch out with flavours and mixes,

Any advice you can give me is appreciated

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi Callumisk. Welcome to the ECF.

By 80/20 I'm assuming that you mean 80%VG|20%PG. A High VG e-Liquid like this can work in something like the Tank you have. But a Lot will depend on what Wattage that the Mod you are using is set at.

If you can Adjust your Wattage, then follow the Fundamental Rule of using a New e-Liquid. And that is...

Start with a Low Wattage and then Slowly Increase the Watts until it Taste Best.

If you Can't Adjust your Wattage, then you just have to fill your Tank about 1/2 Full and give it a Try.

If it Doesn't work because you get Dry Hits, you might Try adding a Few Drops of Distilled Water to the 1/2 Full Tank to Thin the e-Liquid. Else, you would want to try a Higher Ohm Coil if available.

• Agree
Reactions: bombastinator

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi there, absolute noob with Vaping and already have questions!
I'm using a K1 Aspire Tank with 1.6 ohm coils (just bought first e-cig I could find) hope I'm not embarrassing myself here!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Good post. 1.6 ohms was my first pick when starting out so you should do ok. Some novices inadvertently choose advanced starter equipment which can lead to confusion. The poor learner is flooded with too many variables and never gets the basics down pat. If you decide you want something more, ECF is a good place to get recommendations.
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
Coil Priming 101 | E-Cigarette Forum
Most Frequently Asked Vaping Questions Part 2
Tank type atomizers... For new vapists - how they work | E-Cigarette Forum
Tank Flooding Explained | Learning Center | VaVaVape
14 Easy Tips To Fix Your Leaking Clearomiser | E-Cigarette Direct
TFV8 leaking
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread