High Capacity 18650 battery availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
I really don't need the power, I vape a 0.4ohm at 40-50 watts. I just need more run time, I must be a really heavy vaper because my 2500 mah was dead in four hours today.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
i get 2 hours or less with a single battery mod even with 3000 mah, i know your pain lmao!

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
If you're looking for a dual 18650 mod that is smaller than a lot of single ones, I just picked up the kanger kbox 160 and this thing is tiny. Basically a little bigger than two 18650 batteries, but not much. Great little mod with good battery life with 2 lg hg2's and nice temp mode.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
If you're looking for a dual 18650 mod that is smaller than a lot of single ones, I just picked up the kanger kbox 160 and this thing is tiny. Basically a little bigger than two 18650 batteries, but not much. Great little mod with good battery life with 2 lg hg2's and nice temp mode.
The KBox is the smallest lightest regulated box mod i was ever able to find.

Deal breaker for me was on one of mine the 120 the screen went out. On the 200 the paint chiped horribly. They are in the graveyard with the others.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
The KBOX is awesome. I picked it up in stainless steel when it first released, and the fit and finish is excellent...still going strong. The IPV is also awesome, but the leather on my lava red mod smelled like old gym socks until I gave it a thorough cleaning. Beware: the leather grip and felt one on the black version, can peel off very easily.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
alien 220 is really not that much bigger than my kbox 75w mini, which is why it's now my main... as i've said in other threads, i didn't get it for the high wattage, i got it for the battery life. i am a gamer and chain vape, lol it also keeps me from running over mental midgets who don't know how to drive while i'm driving customers or parts hehehehe

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
The KBOX is awesome. I picked it up in stainless steel when it first released, and the fit and finish is excellent...still going strong. The IPV is also awesome, but the leather on my lava red mod smelled like old gym socks until I gave it a thorough cleaning. Beware: the leather grip and felt one on the black version, can peel off very easily.
Glad to hear your kbox is still going strong. I got a little worried because after I ordered it I heard from a few people who liked it but that it crapped out on them. I was hoping that they just got lemons and I got a good one. I'm loving it so far so I hope it keeps working for a long time. By the way Mongo is yours the kbox 160 or one of the others?

Reactions: Cheallaigh

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
My settings are 400 degrees and 30 max watts. I vape 5-7 ml per day. An HG2 makes it nearly to the end of the day with no recharging. If you want double the battery life from a dual cell mod get one wired in parallel. The max watts for those seems to be may be 100. When I want a bit more than enough to get through a day at my settings I carry a Pico Mega which takes a 26650.

I finally understand the tradeoff between amp rating and capacity thanks to an interview with Mooch. To have a higher amp rating there needd to be more metal in the battery and less of the chemicals that make the power. Or reduce the amount of metal to make room for more battery chemistry and more capacity. Here is the interview.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
My settings are 400 degrees and 30 max watts. I vape 5-7 ml per day. An HG2 makes it nearly to the end of the day with no recharging. If you want double the battery life from a dual cell mod get one wired in parallel. The max watts for those seems to be may be 100. When I want a bit more than enough to get through a day at my settings I carry a Pico Mega which takes a 26650.

I finally understand the tradeoff between amp rating and capacity thanks to an interview with Mooch. To have a higher amp rating there needd to be more metal in the battery and less of the chemicals that make the power. Or reduce the amount of metal to make room for more battery chemistry and more capacity. Here is the interview.

Parallel or series doesn't matter, the amp draw per battery is the same. Example.

Parallel:
60w / 3v (hypothetical cutoff) = 20 amps (divided between the two batteries)

Series:
60w / 6v (series doubles the voltage) = 10 amps (per battery)

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Parallel or series doesn't matter, the amp draw per battery is the same. Example.

Parallel:
60w / 3v (hypothetical cutoff) = 20 amps (divided between the two batteries)

Series:
60w / 6v (series doubles the voltage) = 10 amps (per battery)

I have a single cell vtc mini and a dual cell Cuboid 200w. They both have puff timers. I ran them both to empty with the same new batteries same atomizer, same settings and got the identical puff time. I've brought this up a few times and suggested somebody else do the same test and see what results they get. So far I haven't heard about anybody else doing it. 2 cell mods are offered in serial and parallel. Why do that if there is no difference? I believe it's because the parallel mods, (which always have a lower max watts ratings) run longer. I'd love to be wrong about that because i never need more than 30 watts and I've got a new cuboid gathering dust.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I have a single cell vtc mini and a dual cell Cuboid 200w. They both have puff timers. I ran them both to empty with the same new batteries same atomizer, same settings and got the identical puff time. I've brought this up a few times and suggested somebody else do the same test and see what results they get. So far I haven't heard about anybody else doing it. 2 cell mods are offered in serial and parallel. Why do that if there is no difference? I believe it's because the parallel mods, (which always have a lower max watts ratings) run longer. I'd love to be wrong about that because i never need more than 30 watts and I've got a new cuboid gathering dust.
We've talked about this often. It's about the efficiencies of the chips. Don't take your experiences with those specific mods as applying to all mods in general. The math is solid: the amp draw, and therefore the battery life, is the same in parallel and series setups (with device specific inefficiencies unaccounted for).

Reactions: petrotech
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread