• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

High drain 18650 Batteries in Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Samsung INR18650 25r batteries are made in China, not Korea ;)

I wasn't referring to the Samsung batteries on the Korean Vape sites. And by the way, many Samsung products (including some of their batteries) have been outsourced and MADE IN CHINA. Still they are better and have more quality control than other brands of Chinese origin.

Thanks Waddle for your all so enriching wisdom. Much appreciated, as always.

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Why the dig at Chinese batteries then? You do realize that AW, Efest, MNKE, and the vast majority of high drain batteries are made in China. Rumour has it that the Sony VTCs are also made in China and the Philippines.

Rumors now, eh! Wow.... let's open up that can of worms.

I heard Elvis was spotted having lunch with Kim Jung IL on the moon.... yawn...

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Rumors now, eh! Wow.... let's open up that can of worms.

I heard Elvis was spotted having lunch with Kim Jung IL on the moon.... yawn...

Look up way up and you will see this point going over your head lol

A week ago you're using ICR batteries and now you're a battery expert lol

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Look up way up and you will see this point going over your head lol

A week ago you're using ICR batteries and now you're a battery expert lol

Quite right. I learn fast. Unlike some of us. Keep ordering your clones off EBay and FT and pretending you're the "Einstein of the Vaping World." If that works for you, then all the power to you. It's called "Living in a Bubble."

Vape on Einstein...

Netsyphen

Dec 22, 2010
Yongsan, Korea
Fantastic battery. Can I ask how much you paid? In Korea they charge an arm and a leg.

I ordered mine into Korea from the Orbtronics official site, I think they were like $12 + shipping, which is usually as much as the batt. I suggest ordering multiple at a time to save on shipping.

They also have a 2100mah 30amp one now, should rival the Sonys if not beat them out on the testing, they are fantastic at what they do.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Thanks Netsyphen...really you own a Provari 3 ? They go for about 290,000w in Korea. How do you like it?

I believe Orbtronics is much like AW. They choose and test batteries and then wrap their own labels on them.
From what I read the 2900HD are NCR cells from Panasonic. So the 2100mah 30amp may very well be Sony VTC4s :)

Efest does this too, but they have made some dangerous exaggerations on their batteries so I will stay clear of them now.

But certainly Orbtronics has a good reputation.

Last edited:

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
FastTech is cheapest, but it will take time. I bought mine, with the correct plug in for Korea on G-market. Mind you it was almost double the price. But even still, it's not that expensive for a genuine Nitecore Intellicharger.

Here's the mobile phone link. 25,000 won. Delivery 2 days maximum.

http://mitem.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goodscode=622073133

I've ordered an IPV mini and I was just wondering, is the external charger really nexessary? You can charge an Ipv mini through through a usb charger

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
I've ordered an IPV mini and I was just wondering, is the external charger really nexessary? You can charge an Ipv mini through through a usb charger

I would say no, it's not necessary for that particular unit. But I'm sure Mr. Waddle would disagree due to "safety" reasons. LoL.

In any event, the external charger I linked will no doubt come in handy someday, and is a very dependable, reliable device for all sorts of batteries. Might even charge the battery inside the Mini faster than a USB cord.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
I would say no, it's not necessary for that particular unit. But I'm sure Mr. Waddle would disagree due to "safety" reasons. LoL.

In any event, the external charger I linked will no doubt come in handy someday, and is a very dependable, reliable device for all sorts of batteries. Might even charge the battery inside the Mini faster than a USB cord.

Yeah I can imagine it would prove helpful if I have 2 batteries and need to swap when one's out of juice. Thanks!

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea

Not necessary. But internal chargers tend to charge slower. I would say it's more convenient, not safer, to have an external charger and two batteries. With the IPV mini its so easy to swap out the batteries.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
hahah, guys, vapors in korea need to stick together, there are very few of us who speak english! (@ waddle and Procariboy)

Ok, well said. Point taken. White flag waving highly in the air. Surrender.

Sorry Waddle. Truthfully you've been a Big help to me since day one. I was out of line to get nasty. Korea does that to me sometimes. Thanks to you, I've learned a lot. But not as much as you (yet). Lol

Hands up....!

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Ok, well said. Point taken. White flag waving highly in the air. Surrender.

Sorry Waddle. Truthfully you've been a Big help to me since day one. I was out of line to get nasty. Korea does that to me sometimes. Thanks to you, I've learned a lot. But not as much as you (yet). Lol

Hands up....!

THAT'S the spirit!

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Needless to say, "spirit" must go two ways. Doesn't seem to he happening. Oh well, no big loss, by any means.

Life goes on.

By the way, did you get your battery needs all sorted? How about the charger?

I got the 25R a week ago and just today received the Ipv mini and the lemo RTA. For now, I've just decided to charge through the USB port. Btw, MAN does the lemo look sexy! I didn't think I'd be more impressed by the tank than the ipv mini

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
I got the 25R a week ago and just today received the Ipv mini and the lemo RTA. For now, I've just decided to charge through the USB port. Btw, MAN does the lemo look sexy! I didn't think I'd be more impressed by the tank than the ipv mini

Where did you order the Ipv Mini from? Does it seem to be build with quality and care? How about the kick to it? Does it pack a punch when you Watt it up?

And the lemo RTA? Enough room inside the base to coil up and scew down without a problem? Flavour great, too?

I don't see you needing a charger if the Mini is all you're gonna buy. But with me, however, buying something from FT or other places tends to be a daily thing. Gotta stop that habit before it bankrupts me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread