High-End Mechanicals Chat, Tips, and Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zencoder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Brooklyn
im still waiting on mine. my tracking stopped at a s.korean port. how long did yours take to ship?

the kayfun mini looks 3 ft. long to me. im loving my kayfun light. maybe they will come up with a shorter mini next. I plan on using mine with an ebaron spiral. I want to keep my bagua set up nice and small.

BaGua - 5 days from Vapists Vapourizers
Arrow - 4 days from Arrow :: Arrow -

curisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
San Francisco
I carted and then deleted. 104 EUR? Their product price itself (74.95 EUR) is higher than InTaste's total of 74.78 EUR (62.98+11.8=74.78). I'd rather wait for InTaste.

and if i could do it over, i'd side with you. Funny, i'm usually on the other side thinking, "god, more money than sense."

my calculus is that the kayfun lite is the single best vaping atomizer i've tried, and i'd like more of them. given how popular they are and that the next run may be weeks away, a few bucks (ok, $50+) is worth *not* having to stalk intaste.de or vaperev.com and play F5-roulette.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
if we quit paying top dollar and wait for intaste they will have to bring their price down some. now if I didn't have one id probably buy one at the premium. I do have one and want a couple more, Ill wait.

They will never reduce their price. Historically all of their sales have reflected a higher cost. They are well advised on the economic principles of supply and demand. They too will run out of stock at some point.
I never mind paying a bit more when I want something but, only if I respect the company doing it....they should improve their packing and shipping practice imo.

bikini_kill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
Oklahoma City, OK USA
the kayfun mini looks 3 ft. long to me. im loving my kayfun light. maybe they will come up with a shorter mini next. I plan on using mine with an ebaron spiral. I want to keep my bagua set up nice and small.
The Kayfun Mini and Dripper Spiral/Pro are my two favorite RBAs. The Kayfun Mini set up for drip mode (including a drip tip) is only longer than the Dripper Spiral if you don't use a drip tip on top of the Spiral, which I do.

As much as I like my Drippers, they're my second favorite RBA. The Mini's advantages, as I see them:
  • center post - Kayfun Mini is adjustable, Dripper isn't and all 4 of mine are long
  • airflow - Kayfun Mini adjusts like the 3.1, Dripper doesn't at all
  • setup - on the Kayfun Mini your only limiting factor is really the space of your work deck, your options on how to build the Drippers are limited
  • configurations - want a tank? screw another piece or two on your Kayfun Mini, or look for another RBA to swap your Dripper for
  • build difficulty - no need to join R/NR wire on the Kayfun Mini

The places the Drippers win over the Kayfun mini (for me) are price, availability, and looks. I like both a whole lot, but if I had to choose only one? Kayfun Mini all day e'ry day!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
if we quit paying top dollar and wait for intaste they will have to bring their price down some. now if I didn't have one id probably buy one at the premium. I do have one and want a couple more, Ill wait.

Ditto. I'm enjoying mine already, so don't mind waiting. But as Idaho correctly opines -- if the need was overwhelming and the vendor was loved - I'd offload additional $$ w/out the bat of an eyelid.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Very much agreed Bikini. I sold my mini 2 months ago, regretted it and bought another 2 weeks ago.

Op may also just have seen it stacked with the extra tank.

Pic of my old KF in awesome mode

UrW2WpN.jpg

a picture of my KF in more awesome mode

JhbUOLV.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
The Kayfun Mini and Dripper Spiral/Pro are my two favorite RBAs. The Kayfun Mini set up for drip mode (including a drip tip) is only longer than the Dripper Spiral if you don't use a drip tip on top of the Spiral, which I do.

As much as I like my Drippers, they're my second favorite RBA. The Mini's advantages, as I see them:
  • center post - Kayfun Mini is adjustable, Dripper isn't and all 4 of mine are long
  • airflow - Kayfun Mini adjusts like the 3.1, Dripper doesn't at all
  • setup - on the Kayfun Mini your only limiting factor is really the space of your work deck, your options on how to build the Drippers are limited
  • configurations - want a tank? screw another piece or two on your Kayfun Mini, or look for another RBA to swap your Dripper for
  • build difficulty - no need to join R/NR wire on the Kayfun Mini

The places the Drippers win over the Kayfun mini (for me) are price, availability, and looks. I like both a whole lot, but if I had to choose only one? Kayfun Mini all day e'ry day!

I don't own either, but the way u put it BK - I'm all enticed and charmed :) that was a helluva description/comparison... well done!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Very much agreed Bikini. I sold my mini 2 months ago, regretted it and bought another 2 weeks ago.

Op may also just have seen it stacked with the extra tank.

Pic of my old KF in awesome mode

UrW2WpN.jpg

a picture of my KF in more awesome mode

JhbUOLV.jpg

Sweet pics !

Ps.: iDBro, how do u post and remain 'offline' at the same time? I don't see no green next to ur avatar! :)

cbrociuos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2012
N.E. Ohio
bk and Idaho; maybe I will take another look at the kayfun mini down the road. I would only use it on the bagua and im seeing that as a dripper. the ebaron is in the mail. I actually think it and my bagua are touring the country together. who knows I do love buying stuff. man I hope my wife never sees what I post on here. lol

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I've heard JC West say he thinks there may be a health risk when using a genesis with brass nuts and a brass center post. Is there anything to back that up?

brass, (as long as its real brass or "naval brass") is made up of only copper and zinc (also sometimes a bit of silver to make it more conductive). hence its safer than many types of SS and aluminum. bronze is another story, darren the guy who makes the hellfires uses bronze in his attys in contact with the juice and the stuff is nasty, it turns black after a while. bronze contains all kinds of nasty stuff like lead, silicon, arsenic, manganese etc... one of the reasons i didnt keep my mega for very long. as long as your atty has real brass or "naval brass" i guess its called these days :rolleyes: then you should be good.

Last edited:

Zencoder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Brooklyn
bk and Idaho; maybe I will take another look at the kayfun mini down the road. I would only use it on the bagua and im seeing that as a dripper. the ebaron is in the mail. I actually think it and my bagua are touring the country together. who knows I do love buying stuff. man I hope my wife never sees what I post on here. lol

Ha.. the luxury of being single w/ disposable income.... damn good things I'm not on vapor wall, I'd be in trouble... 2 months off cigs and this is my prime metal, and that doesn't include all the ego, eroll, Zeus, clone crap #9, #20, ect, along with the tool box, o' aga(x), cartos ect...

The Pride

ComI0Au.jpg

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
brass, (as long as its real brass or "naval brass") is made up of only copper and zinc (also sometimes a bit of silver to make it more conductive). hence its safer than many types of SS and aluminum. bronze is another story, darren the guy who makes the hellfires uses bronze in his attys in contact with the juice and the stuff is nasty, it turns black after a while. bronze contains all kinds of nasty stuff lke lead, silicon, arsenic, manganese etc... one of the reasons i didnt keep my mega for very long. as long as your atty has real brass or "naval brass" i guess its called these days :rolleyes: then you should be good.
Boom, kiba post!

Also there is known lead in much of the brass used. In fact when brass is exported or imported in certain countries it is cannot be all brass. One way to remove surface lead is to quick soak in 2 parts hydrogen peroxide and 1 part rubbing alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread