High-End Mechanicals Chat, Tips, and Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcanoboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Norway
Finally got my UNICORN!!!!!!! Found a matte nemesis for sale and worked out a deal on it so now I dont have to stay up until 230am tonight clicking refresh trying to snag the batch being released tomorrow!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to try it out!

But thats part of the hunt :p

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
I'm trying hard to stay away from the US site :D
i already ordered from VA the other day

and coz i want a matte nemesis :D

Domo is quite a bit more $. Especially with a big order. My order from VA was 250 or so and from Mr Robato it would of been well in the 3's. Spose I could do the math but I would guess 335.00.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Hey all, long week, had to go up to md for work for a bit, still an the way home now.

But, I never knew about the originals... and when I knew I couldn't find any in stock... by then I had amassed all those clones already!

Once I garnered whatever funds I had, I picked up the GP Lux, but alas - it also turned out to be a clone! Now I've no money left :(

Explain to me how the paps is a bbm clone? if you mean the positive post, wookie gave permission to use his idea before he even started modding but the paps is much more than just that small part. anyways if you meant the original idea for the adjustable post your right but perseas had permission to use it. that came from wookie right here in 'murrica

And in other news. Quick note on the upcoming mod from Mexico, the Aztec. Not in the wild yet so hard to say if it will fall into the "High End mod" category. And I suppose people would think twice on the quality given it sold for around 90 bucks.

BUT.... The modder sure seems to be taking pride with these. There was a delay as he was not happy with the engraving samples that were coming back. For the price I suppose he could have just settled.... Instead he is doing it himself now. One at a time....

Regardless of how it comes out, sure seems he cares about the product. We will see.....

Mod looks cool but thats a pretty ghetto way to do "engravings" :laugh:

The "Original" e-Cigarette Prototype

Courtesy: Vapor Wall

'MURRICA
I like divers on my nem. Airflow and all...

Here's the Atomo with an M3 tank and a diver

atomodiver_zpsd40556d4.jpg

I hear these are awesome from a bud, so I put myself on their list lol

To add fuel to the fire... Atmomixani Nemesis available 7/15/13 9:30am ATHENS TIME @ Atmomixani

The spring assembly from Rampage is a plus / minus... Minus:the spring is waaay to soft... Plus:It's not the spring you want, it's the spring cup. This will help prevent the shorts you were probably having with the old spring. I went to the hardware store and found some nice brass springs. Just make sure that when the spring is fully compressed, it has a smaller height than the cup, and you will have a solid contact, no shorts, and a really steady mech.

uItAiQE.jpg

not sure about the bagua since I dont have one but most good switches (paps, chi, vela, bbm) let the current travel through the switch body rather than through the spring (a la zen devices and chinese clones) some current goes through it but most of it just passes through the switch body, the springs job should only be to return the switch to its original position. This is one of the reasons the vela was so popular when it first came out but this type of switch design has been around for quite a while. If all the current is traveling through the spring there is a problem with the design (I actually heard that the new bbm Ti has this same problem with current traveling through the spring)

○ Sent from my GS4 using Tapatalk 4

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
But, I never knew about the originals... and when I knew I couldn't find any in stock... by then I had amassed all those clones already!

Once I garnered whatever funds I had, I picked up the GP Lux, but alas - it also turned out to be a clone! Now I've no money left :(

Are you saying that you bought a clone and thought it was a LUX? As Kibamodderbro states, Wookie gave his blessing.
Thought we had this talk Q?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Are you saying that you bought a clone and thought it was a LUX? As Kibamodderbro states, Wookie gave his blessing.
Thought we had this talk Q?

iDbro, that post was meant to be in a lighter vein... something to do with copies vs. originals... I'm neither poverty stricken, nor have an antipathy to the clones -- though I do dislike blatant knock-offs !

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Yeah, we are fairly rare around here :)

Can't wait for the Paps, I think it will hang fine with the Nemesis and ELA!
You will find the PAPS is beautiful, well made and no comparison! I sold my nemesis without using it because it didn't compare to it.
They are pieces of art that are a work horse.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Yeah, we are fairly rare around here :)

Can't wait for the Paps, I think it will hang fine with the Nemesis and ELA!
You will find the PAPS is beautiful, well made and no comparison! I sold my nemesis without using it because it didn't compare to it.
They are pieces of art that are a work horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread