Highbrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiNet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
Israel
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I'm always looking for everything in vedor. This includes website, ease of ordering, packaging, reviews (bad ones)... Yes, website too... if you can't craft good "face" for your business I don't think you'll be putting much effort in product you're selling to me either...[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Highbrow meets criteria, juices will arrive wrapped in brown paper for every 3 bottles and in a box. Plastic bottles are quality ones and labeling is clear and nicely done.[/FONT]
Juices:
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Buttered Rum and-then-some - [/FONT]18mg, 50/50 pg/vg
Orange de Sangre - 18mg, 50/50 pg/vg
Amaretto Amore - 18mg, 50/50 pg/vg
Strawberry Lemonade - 18mg, 50/50 pg/vg
Blackberry Limoncello - 18mg, 50/50 pg/vg
Cheesecake torte -
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]18mg, 50/50 pg/vg [/FONT]

Mild, but satisfying TH in all juices and good vapor production

Orange de Sangre: [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Oranges... really sweet oranges. Hard to describe the sweetness, but it's overwhelming. Thinking of sweet orange syrup when vaping it, like those concentrated juice bottles when not diluted enough or maybe orange chocolate, but without chocolate. I'm making my own orange juice, I mean real - fresh squeezed orange juice. This does not taste like that, even when I go for sweet oranges. Overall it's good vape for those who like sweet oranges.

Blackberry Limoncello: Blackberry is overtaking here, for some reason. Overall I was expecting much more lemon taste in this. Vaping it right now and sometimes hits harder on lemon, but not good enough. Blackberry doesn't seem to add anything good here, will go with just limoncello next time :)

Strawberry Lemonade:
Like described. Funky taste, reminds me about taking concentrated strawberry and mixing it with soda. Vaped it yesterday for half a day. Mediocre for me, but tastes exactly as advertised.

Cheesecake Torte
: Was sent as free sampler for intl. shipping while I requested Pure Pear... I knew anything like this will be horrible and it is. I'm one of those woh think there is no place for cheesecake in vaping world. This juice reminds me of choking on cheesecake crumbs... the flavor is there tho... weak, but it's there.

Amaretto Amore:
... tastes like amaretto. This is very well crafted juice. Don't remember when was last time I had amaretto, but from my memory it's that... without the alcohol heating your chest/throat :)

Buttered Rum: didn't taste as they advertised, for me. I'm vating on genesis and steeping to try out and get my final impressions later this month.

Overall looks like great vendor with flavors that do not have soapy or perfume taste in their juice at all.
Apart from international shipping price there's nothing bad I can say about this vendor, they give 10ml free sample of your choice (hopefully) to offset that price. I see that like $5, that is still more than other vendors charge who actually give you free samples. I would be much happier if I just got free samples from them, on psychological level this approach gives better positive reaction. Just a thought... not something really bad.

P.S. Advertised flavor VS taste - 8/10
[/FONT]

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
I love Highbrow's Cheesecake Torte. :) Agree with you that the Orange Sangre is very excellent sweet fresh orange - I don't get the syrup at all, though. It's one of my favorite juices, along with the amazingly good Limoncello, which I also prefer to the blackberry lemonade. I've yet to find a really right-on blackberry, alas, and have tried many.
Can't speak to the others you mention - I don't like any of the butter rum variations I've tried and think it's just not a congenial flavor for me. Same with Amaretto. But I think Highbrow does a great job with chocolate and love the choco macaroon (Heavenly Macaroon) flavor, and for me their Vanilla Bourbon Bean is among the very best vanillas.
Limoncello remains one of my all day favorites - didn't see that one coming 6 months ago!
I've found their shipping time to be consistently FAST and I really appreciate their responsiveness and overall attention to quality.

Last edited:

briponi

Aug 7, 2012
California
I love Highbrow's Cheesecake Torte. :) Agree with you that the Orange Sangre is very excellent sweet fresh orange - I don't get the syrup at all, though. It's one of my favorite juices, along with the amazingly good Limoncello, which I also prefer to the blackberry lemonade. I've yet to find a really right-on blackberry, alas, and have tried many.
Can't speak to the others you mention - I don't like any of the butter rum variations I've tried and think it's just not a congenial flavor for me. Same with Amaretto. But I think Highbrow does a great job with chocolate and love the choco macaroon (Heavenly Macaroon) flavor, and for me their Vanilla Bourbon Bean is among the very best vanillas.
Limoncello remains one of my all day favorites - didn't see that one coming 6 months ago!
I've found their shipping time to be consistently FAST and I really appreciate their responsiveness and overall attention to quality.

Well now I'm disappointed. A few months back I bought their Macaroon, Vanilla, and Chocolate. I know taste is subjective, but I felt like they tasted like Macaroon, Vanilla, and Chocolate plastic. It was terrible! Macaroon for me was particularly unpleasant. Maybe I owe them another try? I couldn't do the same flavors again though. I wanted it to be love so badly! They're so close to me that shipping is a breeze! Ahh, what could've happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread