Higher Capacity 18650 Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yepimonfire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just recently purchased an SID VV mod, usually i vape at 6v with a 1.5Ω dripping atty and i am running my batteries down really fast, as far as i know you can't use protected Li-ion batteries and must use IMR's, correct me if i am wrong. Unfortunately i haven't found an IMR battery with a capacity above 2250mAH, which is a measly 250mAH above what i am already using, does anybody know of anything with higher capacity?

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
Yeah, Fasttech is the place to shop. RTD and Vapingzone are just asking too much.

Vapingzone trying to get 14 bucks per battery and when they have a "big sale" they make it only valid with a $25 dollar minimum (which is why I stopped doing biz there) it's just classless IMO.

Then RTD,w ho I have no knowledge of, yet trying to get 14 bucks per battery is enough to turn me off of them too.

Craziness.

Why not just not screw around and go to Fasttech and get 3400mAh Pannys. According to the discussions they fit the SID just fine :D

A little over 14 smackers for two 3400mAh batteries. Postpaid! What a deal :D

Panasonic's stable chemistry is widely known and the company's been around for a very long time.

I've got a SID (which I love BTW,things are remarkably durable despite the Jetson's finish) so I know what you mean about clearance :) !

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
1.5ohm at 6 volts - wow - that to me seems very high voltage......also not sure if you should get the ICRs - i have been advised those are not the "safest" for VV VWs......

still only 4amps/24watts but being in a regulated mod I would not trust a low drain battery, better to be safe and use a 10 amp high drain. just not worth the risk as the conversion circuit will draw even more power to make the 6V and the ICR is only rated at 5.4 amps.

I am a big fan of the 2900's i get almost 3 days in a provari.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Yeah, Fasttech is the place to shop. RTD and Vapingzone are just asking too much.

Vapingzone trying to get 14 bucks per battery and when they have a "big sale" they make it only valid with a $25 dollar minimum (which is why I stopped doing biz there) it's just classless IMO.

Then RTD,w ho I have no knowledge of, yet trying to get 14 bucks per battery is enough to turn me off of them too.

Craziness.

Why not just not screw around and go to Fasttech and get 3400mAh Pannys. According to the discussions they fit the SID just fine :D

A little over 14 smackers for two 3400mAh batteries. Postpaid! What a deal :D

Panasonic's stable chemistry is widely known and the company's been around for a very long time.

I've got a SID (which I love BTW,things are remarkably durable despite the Jetson's finish) so I know what you mean about clearance :) !

Yeah - if they aren't fakes or knockoffs or seconds. At least if I get a Panasonic from RTD I know I'm actually getting a real Panasonic.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
I just recently purchased an SID VV mod, usually i vape at 6v with a 1.5Ω dripping atty

Curious, have you put an inline voltmeter on there and seen if you are getting a full 6v?

Yeah - if they aren't fakes or knockoffs or seconds. At least if I get a Panasonic from RTD I know I'm actually getting a real Panasonic.

How do you know? For all you know you might be getting one they got from Fasttech.

Ronald3638

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Zeeland, MI, USA
1.5ohm at 6 volts - wow - that to me seems very high voltage......also not sure if you should get the ICRs - i have been advised those are not the "safest" for VV VWs......

From what I've seen on other ECF posts it seems that most VV/VW mods will not fire with protected batteries. I have the Vamo and SID and these are mods that are among those that others have tried protected batteries without success.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave

Fasttech's batteries are legit panasonic. They are identical to the ones I got from orbtronic so if orbtronic's are legit than so are fasttech's and the prices there can't be beat. Fasttech also ships for free and the batteries come in a nice plastic storage case.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I have deleting my comments here.

Thrasher is correct - without pure science to back anything up, it was indeed irresponsible of me. I accept full responsibility for that. And since I'm still using these batteries daily, I am retracting the entire post.

My apologies.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
someone sent me this same email. i will say the same thing here.

first panasonic does not release the actual chemical makeup of their batteries to the general public, for researchers or corporation testing purposes they may. but so far all we can get is a generalized list.

so I would be very leary of statements "like my friend the chemist" without PROOF, links and documentation showing the test results and how they got this information.

searching panasonics website I came across the safety documentation for batteries that states. "every panasonic battery is built in such a way to allow venting before the battery becomes critical".

these batteries are in use every day around the world from flashlights to rc's and other hobbyists even tesla cars use panasonic 18650's

If your mod gets to a point where the button stays on, or the battery cannot break the circuit somehow driving the battery to the point of critical failure past just overheating and venting the mod needs to be held accountable not the battery, as this is poor design on their part.

I see in the golden greek subforum those guys are loving the panny batteries. so do the flashlight guru's.

so until absolute irrefutable proof is shown to me they are a hazard in some way i will continue to use them as personally I do not abuse, rip or puncture my batteries as is the fear in the email..(who punctures batteries in their mods?)
there are puncture tests on youtube for all kinds of Li io battieres. none are safe some are safer then others but none of them are 100% safe.this is also the make up of your laptop and phone battery. i dont abuse those either...

to somehow start fear mongering this one battery above all others is irresponsible given Panasonic's track record of safety. and makes me feel there are other motives at work here as this is not the only battery with these chemicals. (noone seems to ever mention the efests melting down or the one that exploded in a flashlight).

in a situation pitting a Japanese corporation (as most are known for attention to detail and never cutting corners VS my friend the chemist i will pick Panasonic's vast team of researchers and technicians. and I do believe if there was a failure or safety concern panny would release this information, stop making them and recall what has already been released.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Which is all precisely why I stated that I had no idea. I sat on that info for two months, but I know many people, including myself and my son, are using them. I posted it looking (hoping?) for someone to refute it - and only in a response to a direct question about the safety of these particular batteries.

"Fear mongering" was certainly not the intent. Sharing information, accurate or otherwise, was the intent. Not all information is necessarily accurate. Turn on any cable news channel for further proof of that statement.

And I hope that I was very clear with my part of the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread